Is the tap water in Anaheim drinkable?

Kontos

Mouseketeer
Coming from BC it seems I've been spoiled when I visit other cities.

Am I able to drink tap water in Anaheim/LA?

In a word: no. :crazy2:

We're from Washington, Puget Sound area, and used to very good water, as you are. I can barely stand to even brush my teeth with it. Plan to have plenty of bottled water on hand!

Technically, yes, Anaheim tap water is potable. But some people find that it has a strong taste, so they prefer bottled or filtered water. CS places that have a soda fountain with a water spigot have a filter for the water. Some people like the individual beverage powder packets, e.g. Crystal Light, to flavor the water at DLR.

Yes you are able to drink it. If the chlorine is too much, opt to purchase bottled water. You don't want to get dehydrated in the parks, if you don't like the tap water investing in good tasting water is 100% worth it if it means you will drink more of it. (A nice trick that works sometimes with chlorinated water is lots of ice!)

We just returned from Disneyland yesterday, I thought the water was horrible. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel and the spell of the water was just icky

In my opinion, it tastes "thick." I didn't know thick had a flavor until Anaheim water! We do bottled water for everything but a shower. If I could shower with bottled water, I would!

I'm from BC too. Even though it is drinkable, I cannot drink the tap water in Anaheim due to the bad flavour. I drink bottled water when there.

I'm from Puget Sound too and had to drink bottled water the entire trip. Even the water at the nice sit-down restaurants tasted funny to me. My whole family agreed. We've been spoiled up here in the northwest!

I used to live in California and never got used to the taste. Some years ago,my wife and I were in Phoenix and the water 'smelled' like a dusty road.:crazy2:

Of course it's drinkable. Whether you like the taste or not is up to you.
I wouldn't quite say "of course" given the problems with water supply in the US. However, I do believe you are right. It's drinkable. Frankly, I don't remember it being all that bad tasting.

I'm from Victoria and I find the Anaheim water disgusting. It's bottled water all the way for us, we have historically picked up a case of water or had one delivered.

Edited to add: I found the water from soda machines was totally fine so any of the free cups of water from CS locations tasted good.

Well then guess i am disgusting. Lol :faint:
For as long the water is cold enough, cause I don't like warm water, Anaheim's drinking water tastes fine to me. But then my corner up here in Sonoma County the so called drinking water tastes like poison, might even be from waste water for all we dummies here know about the putrid H2O. No joke.
Anyway, adding lemon and or lime to drinking water gives it a nice taste.

[QUOTE="gottalovepluto, (A nice trick that works sometimes with chlorinated water is lots of ice!)[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the ice is made from the same tap water

I'm out in the country so we're on well water, direct from an aquifer. Grew up in So Cal, though, on 'city water' which wasn't bad tasting.

Anaheim has what we used to call 'beach water'. Sure, it's foul. But it's drinkable & you can get filtered ice water free. I'd rather drink it than haul a bunch of plastic bottles around.

It wont kill you to drink it but you might wish it had.
barfing.gif

I would not drink tap water anywhere in California. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. We have tons of sand and sediment in ours here in Central Cali. My plumber took off my screen in the bathroom and the stuff came out with an orange tinge. Disgusting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!