Is the Rainforest Room too crowded on at sea day

disneyfamilync

Earning My Ears
I am curious if you have visited the Rainforst Room on the at sea day? If you have - did you find it too crowded?

I really think the best day to use the Rainforest Room is the at sea day. We are doing a 4 day cruise and we are planning to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on the Nassau day and of course going to Castaway Cay.

Do you have any advice about using the Rainforest Room on the at sea day?

Thanks

On a 4 day it is hard to say how many people will be determined that they just have to try it. I've rarely seen it crowded on longer cruises.

I was shocked how little it was used in Dec on the Dream. My wife and I went every day at various times and rarely was it busy period. We had a great time and highly recommend getting the pass for the entire trip.

I was shocked how little it was used in Dec on the Dream. My wife and I went every day at various times and rarely was it busy period. We had a great time and highly recommend getting the pass for the entire trip.

How do you get the pass for the whole trip? Do you have to wait until the cruise?

How do you get the pass for the whole trip? Do you have to wait until the cruise?

Yes, you go to the spa desk on the first day and buy a pass. They will tell you that there are only so many available. I've read that this is a sales pitch, though. :confused3

DH and I had a pass for a 5 night double-dip and went every day. On one day there were about 2 or 3 couples waiting their turn, but that was the most we saw. Usually the place was rather empty.

Yes, you go to the spa desk on the first day and buy a pass. They will tell you that there are only so many available. I've read that this is a sales pitch, though. :confused3

DH and I had a pass for a 5 night double-dip and went every day. On one day there were about 2 or 3 couples waiting their turn, but that was the most we saw. Usually the place was rather empty.

if you had to wait your turn, how long is the wait?
is there a time limit on how much time you can be in the rainforest room?
could you theoretically go in the morning and stay till night?

if you had to wait your turn, how long is the wait?
is there a time limit on how much time you can be in the rainforest room?
could you theoretically go in the morning and stay till night?

The wait is not long...a few minutes. People don't usually linger too long in the showers. Each one is on a timer, I think. Plus, some are cold. There are other things to do if you have to wait for the showers. There are a couple of hot tubs *outside*. (We had to wait on those a few times). There are the heated loungers, a steam room, and I don't remember what else.

No, there is no time limit in the rainforest room. DH & I would do the rainforest room showers, then go sit in the hot tub, then back to the shower, then back to the hot tub,....... You could stay pretty busy for quite a while doing everything.

Yes, you could theoretically go in as soon as they opened and leave when they are trying to close at night.

Just a note:

The Rainforest showers are not like your showers at home. You don't bathe.

Think more like an adult version of a water play area (but with shower heads). Each (?) shower room has 2 different water features, aromas and sounds. Very enjoyable / relaxing.

"Wait" means that you are waiting for a particular shower or a particular chair. There are plenty of things to do within the rainforest area, so unless you are desiring a particular thing, you don't wait at all.
There is no time limit for anything, but other than the loungers, most people don't stay long on any one thing.

Before we left for our Dream cruise I'd read that they limit the # of day passes to only 40 per day to keep things from being crowded. When we boarded and bought our day pass for the at sea day the spa lady told us the same thing. Perhaps this is why it never seems too crowded?!?!?:confused3

We've done the length of cruise Rainforest Room pass on several cruises. Most of them, crowds were not a problem. But on our last 7-Nighter on the Magic in March, we had several visits to the room where it was terribly crowded and ended up just leaving.

We've since decided that when we cruise with our girls, we will not get a pass. But if we're cruising just the 2 of us, we'll more than likely get one. We often get it in conjunction w/ our Exotic Rasul appointment and get the additional discount.

We've done the length of cruise Rainforest Room pass on several cruises. Most of them, crowds were not a problem. But on our last 7-Nighter on the Magic in March, we had several visits to the room where it was terribly crowded and ended up just leaving.

We've since decided that when we cruise with our girls, we will not get a pass. But if we're cruising just the 2 of us, we'll more than likely get one. We often get it in conjunction w/ our Exotic Rasul appointment and get the additional discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!