Is the movie "Up" scary?

GoinToDisney

Mouseketeer
How intense is this movie? My dd does not like the villains and was even a bit nervous with the action in Wall-E. How does Up compare?

No, I didn't to d it scary at all, but my DD5 didn't really get the storyline. It is actually sort of a tear jerker! I wish I had brought some tissues, but that's just me. The dog Dug was funny and cute though:)

My DD (almost 4) loved it - we've been twice! She was a little scared when they fly through a storm, and also during one of the scenes where the "bad dogs" were chasing them - but nothing too scary! Agree that there are some sad moments in the movie - but I think they went over DD's head.

I took my son 4 1/2 to see it a few weeks ago. I heard it was good (sad) but appropriate for kids.

He was freaked out.

I think it was the dogs as they appear HUGE on the movie screen. He just wanted to go home.

Perhaps he is a wimp, but I really wanted him to enjoy the movie and I was sad that he didn't...

My NINE year old daughter thought it was scary. Its going to depend on your kids.

How intense is this movie? My dd does not like the villains and was even a bit nervous with the action in Wall-E. How does Up compare?

* For little toddlers, there was some parts that were scary! Are you seeing it in 3d? That might be a suggestion to exit out. There was some plane crashes and some dogs. Other than that it might be ok to let your toddler see it. It depends! :rolleyes1

My DD6, who is not a fan of aggressive dogs, found the dogs extremely scary. She didn't enjoy the movie, and usually is a big movie fan.

Took kids age 11, 7, 2, 6 months to movie the other day, and I have to say the 2 year old was a little scared during the dog scenes. The movie did keep her attention though. The rest of the group liked the movie, a little sad in parts but all in all it was a great movie, would def. see it again!

We took our two boys ages 4 and 18 months to see UP last weekend, and they both loved it. They weren't really scared of anything, but they are not easily frightened. It was a cute movie!

I will say there are some scenes that kids could find scary.

My 4 year old was a little scared of the dogs and did not really like it. He does love Wall-E and it never frightened him.

My DD, who is almost 4, was scared during the scene when the dogs were chasing. She climbed into my lap but she was fine before and after that. She will tell you know that the bad guy scared her.

Both my kids (5 and 2) were a little frightened at certain parts. The dogs were frightening. They were also upset when they captured Kevin the bird but my kids tend to really be empathetic to the characters. I think it also had to do with the volume in the theater being up so high too.

I heard there is also reference to a miscarriage in the movie. Preparations are being made for the baby and all is happy and then no baby and everyone is sad....confusing for young ones.

As well as the scary parts pp mentioned.

I heard there is also reference to a miscarriage in the movie. Preparations are being made for the baby and all is happy and then no baby and everyone is sad....confusing for young ones.

As well as the scary parts pp mentioned.

I would be shocked if most (orany) kids would pick up the miscarriage at all. (Unless their parents choose to make a big deal about it). It is part of a montage of scenes at the beginning of the movie. I wouldn't worry about that at all until you get the DVD and the kids watch it 100 times. In the theater the scene is probably 15 seconds long.

My almost 7 year old daughter was scared during parts of the movie and when people ask her how she liked the movie "Up" she tells them that it is kind of scary. Just my 2 cents!!

I started a thread about why I hated Up!-I got flamed a lot but some of the info on the thread may help you, here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204549

And in the poll, most people loved Up. Only 7 said they "hated it."

Different movies affect different people differently.

My 7-year-old didn't find it scary. I don't think he followed all of the story line though. But he has asked to see it again about a half-dozen times, so it worked on some level for him!

And in the poll, most people loved Up. Only 7 said they "hated it."

Different movies affect different people differently.

My 7-year-old didn't find it scary. I don't think he followed all of the story line though. But he has asked to see it again about a half-dozen times, so it worked on some level for him!

Right; I posted my thread so the OP could make her own judgement given all the opinions. If I wanted to sway her to my opinion, there were certainly more flame-retardant way of doing it.

I don't understand why people get so pissy when my opinion differs from what's popular :confused3. Well, I *do* understand, it's the Dis...:laughing::rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter