Is the kids club really strict about not allowing kids with cold symptoms

spacyd

Earning My Ears
I read that Disney will not let kids with runny noses or coughs participate in activities. My kids seem like they always have a cough. I am worried they will miss out on all the fun. Has any one had experiences with children not being allowed to participate?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You will complete a health questionaire before being allowed to board the ship. I've never been aware of the programming not allowing a child to participate unless they are obviously ill...in which case they don't need to be exposing the rest of the guests anyhow. I'm talking about really sick, not just a sniffle.

I've read somewhere that if they show any kind of cold symptoms they won't let them in. I'd like to know if true as well.

Don't know if it's true or not. But, if my child was exhibiting "cold" symptoms, and I wasn't positive it was something else (like an allergy), I wouldn't want to be exposing the whole ship to the germs.

:cutie:

Whether they allow them into the club or not, the ship is like a petri dish and germs/viruses spread like crazy. My son has contracted strep throat a couple times and pink eye during a cruise.

I got a double case of pink eye.... my kids did not... still don't know how THAT happened.

We have never had the experience of our kids not being allowed in because we wouldn't drop our kids off if they were sick. That being said, one year when our kids were little and they were still doing the Disney university t-shirts and mouse ear grad caps for a final show, we noticed our older daughter on stage but not our younger daughter. I was in a panic.... She was checked into the kids club but was not on stage with the counselors and other kids. We watched our older daughter and the celebration before rushing off to the kids club to find our youngest asleep on a cot with a fever. A very sweet counselor was there with her rubbing her back as she held a cool cloth to her forehead. Wonderful care for our sick little girl.

Our children have allergies almost year round, someone always has a runny nose or a cough. Just to be be safe, we had our Doctor write a note that said they have allergies and how they exhibit symptoms. No one ever said a word, but I felt like if they did, I had a note from my doctor and all our allergy prescriptions to prove to whomever that they were not really ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter