Is the galley tour still offered?

Miss Jasmine

Time for something new!<BR><font color=limegreen><
I was looking at the Navigators from the 3/25 Western cruise and I did not see the galley tour listed. We were looking forward to doing this and now I wonder if it is still being offered. :confused3

We didn't find them listed either on our March 18 cruise. We heard somewhere on the ship they were being offered and we just went to guest services and signed up. They gave us a choice of times and tickets. So, yes they are still being offered as of a month ago.

Okay I'll just check with Guest Services then. :thumbsup2 Thanks.

Unless they have changed it since last August, the Galley tour is restricted to adults only. At one point they did allow children (at least in April, 04 - when my DS was allowed), but no longer.

Im really hoping to do this in July/Aug when we cruise.

Am I right in thinking its on sea days only?

It's just DH and me cruising, so no need to worry about kiddos not being allowed. :teeth: And yes this is a tour that was offered on Sea Days. :)

What is a galley tour? :confused3 We have never cruised and my niece that is 24 is very quiet and introverted, but she likes to see and do things that are not very rowdy. This may be something she might enjoy.

I am trying to tell her what I hear about on these boards, things like napkin folding I seen one time is somehting she would think is neat, she is pretty good at crafty things.

Any suggestions for a quiet introverted adult would be great.

The Galley tour is about a 1/2 hour tour of the galley where all the food is prepared for the Lumiere's and Parrot Cay dining rooms. It is an interesting tour and ends with a warm chocolate chip cookie, fresh from the oven!

wannabecruiser,

My DC (Disney Cousin) and I really enjoyed the towel animal class last year. It was so much fun. They had us all meet in the Promenade Louge area during the day and passed out towels to us all as they took us through the steps. She might enjoy this.

The galley tour was not offered on the March 25 cruise- I know because we wanted to take it that week. There was an outbreak of Norwalk virus in America prior to embarkation, so they cancelled the tour. I don't know if they plan to reinstitute the tour when the virus has not been detected or if they have decided that it is a bad idea to have potentially sick people in the food prep area? :confused3

April 1- 8, 2006 Eastern Magic
NO it was not "Due to health concerns"?????

I was disappointed.

Anyone sail since 4/1/06??

MommaluvsDis said:
wannabecruiser,

My DC (Disney Cousin) and I really enjoyed the towel animal class last year. It was so much fun. They had us all meet in the Promenade Louge area during the day and passed out towels to us all as they took us through the steps. She might enjoy this.

Thanks, it sounds like something my niece would enjoy, are activities like this listed on the navigators, is this an adult only activity. (over 18) I am sure she will still find enough stuff to keep her entertained. Thanks for the info.

The Galley Tour on the 4-day is the "at sea" day. We were not instructed to sign-up, just "show-up" at the entrance to Luminere's. We were divided into groups of about 15 (probably 4-5 groups in all) and the various chefs lead the tour through the galleys for Luminere's and Parrot Cove; they are connected to eachother. Nothing was actually being prepared, but the chocolate or oatmeal cookies were hot and delicious. FYI- the room service kitchen is on deck 1 - We were told that they operate totally on their own.

We were on the March 25th cruise with minneapolismickey, and were also told that there was no galley tour due to health concerns. Hopefully this will be reinstated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter