Is the Disney font available somewhere?

sistertrip

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know where the Disney font (you know, the font that will write "Disney" just perfectly) is available for download online? I've seen it in people's signatures, and I would like to get it onto my computer for use in word-type documents.

Thanks!

it is available at: momscorner4kids

I cant post a link yet because of board rules, but hopefully you can find it by this info

I love the momscorner4kids site! So explanatory and wonderfully cute fonts. One of my son's favorites is the Toy Train. So fun!

Kate

sistertrip said:
Found it! Thanks!

P.S. What are the board rules about posting a link?

Most forums have a rule that you have to make so many posts before you can post a link. It makes it harder for spammers to corrupt the forums with their junk. TexDisneyMom is a new member and has only made 5 posts. We all had to go through the breaking-in period. ;)

DLBDS said:
Most forums have a rule that you have to make so many posts before you can post a link. It makes it harder for spammers to corrupt the forums with their junk. TexDisneyMom is a new member and has only made 5 posts. We all had to go through the breaking-in period. ;)

I see - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules when I sometimes post a link. Thanks!

P.S. Love Krispy Kreme donuts, but we don't have them up here in Maine :sad2:

usually fonts downloaded off the internet will be in either .ttf or .zip files. If you download one that says ends in .ttf then it's a font file. If it's a .zip file then it's a compressed file. To open it you'll need Winzip (www.winzip.com) or if you use Windows XP, it has a built in zip function.

You'll want to uncompress the zip file. From there, just copy and paste the .ttf to your C:\Windows\Fonts folder. That's where all the fonts you'll use should be stored.

Just a note: Try not to put too many fonts in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Each time your computer boots up, it has to load all of those fonts and if you have too many, it'll slow the computer down and might even crash it.

If you're downloading a bunch of fonts, put it in a separate folder like in My Documents or something, and whenever you need a font just copy that font to the Fonts folder. If you don't need it anymore, delete it out of the Fonts folder.

If you're like me and have a bazillion fonts (and I mean bazillions), you might want to use AMP Font Viewer - http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php - which lets you see what fonts you have, install fonts temporarily (great feature), and it lets you manage your fonts. It's freeware and I've had it for a couple years now.

None of the helpers to download the fonts, helped me. I must be very software challanged. And now, font challanged.

OK, let me try to help you step by step. First question: what operating system do you use? Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98? or are you using a MAC?

If you're using a MAC and you're trying to use TrueType Fonts (*.ttf) then it won't work, because OS uses a different type of font.

If you are using Windows, the best thing to do is to download Winzip first. That'll let you open up the .zip file that most font downloads use. The evaluation version of Winzip works really well and is a fully functional version. Install Winzip.

When you get there, post a reply and we'll go step by step from there.

oogieboogie said:
OK, let me try to help you step by step. First question: what operating system do you use? Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98? or are you using a MAC? Windows XP

If you're using a MAC and you're trying to use TrueType Fonts (*.ttf) then it won't work, because OS uses a different type of font.

If you are using Windows, the best thing to do is to download Winzip first. That'll let you open up the .zip file that most font downloads use. The evaluation version of Winzip works really well and is a fully functional version. Install Winzip. I'm downloading the .ttf file and then using an application like WinZip to make it a regular file and then use Fontviewer to try to put in my fonts folder from my control panel. But this step doesn't work.

When you get there, post a reply and we'll go step by step from there.

I'll PM if that is okay. I was trying to download from my home computer (I'm at work now). Thank you.

If you're downloading the .ttf file all you have to do is open windows explorer and copy and paste the .ttf file to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder

In Windows XP, go to the Control Panel and open up the Fonts folder. Then click File> Install New Fonts...

Select the folder that has the downloaded fonts. You'll see a list of fonts that are available for install. Then just pick and choose or click select all, then click OK. The fonts are now installed.

PM me after you get off from work and I'll walk you thru step by step. Or if you want you can IM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter