Is the best price for a family of 6?

We're a large family and have found that it's almost always cheaper to rent a vacation home and stay off-site, even with car rental and parking fees. Last trip we stayed here:

https://www.vrbo.com/3806567ha?adultsCount=2&noDates=true&unitId=3821565
It was clean, comfortable, and close to shopping.

I'd do at least a 2 day park to park ticket for Universal/IOA as you won't be able to ride the Hogwart's train without it. We've been during busy times and have found that the lines aren't too bad until around 11 am so if you get there for park opening you can get quite a bit in before the lines build.

When we take all of our kids ( ds26,ds26, ds10, ds14) we stay at a vacation club. You have 2 options DVC or non Disney ..
I prefer Skyauction.com on skyauction you need to read careful. Even though you cant reschedule a week the price is so good it's worth the risk.
normally I look for Sheraton vistana idrive. Sheraton does not charge parking so that helps offset paying to park at Disney. We take the itrolly to universal.
Sheraton vistana is on International drive like Universal but it's on the other end next to seaworld across the freeway from Disney Springs. We really like the rooms. There is a thread on here for pics and other useful info.
The room we get is two bedrooms living room and full kitchen for about $600 for the week.
(Two double beds one room, one king, pull out sofa)

Our most expensive parts are the tickets and food.
With the tickets buy disney giftcards at samsclub or other places at a small discount and buy directly from Disney. Giftcard discounts are normally around 5%
We take a lot of our food into Disney and try and get a locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!