Is the $50 Disney Dollars denomination available at WDW?

shades

DIS Veteran
Has anybody bought the $50 bills? According to Wikipedia, $50 bills became available in 2005. We are leaving for WDW on Friday and want to buy Disney Dollars w/our skymiles card (double skymiles) to use for those purchases requiring cash (some food carts, etc). Where can Disney Dollars be purchased w/a credit card at WDW? Guest relations at the parks??

By the way, our local Disney Store only has $1, $5, & $10's. They didn't even know about the $50 being out.

Thanks! :sunny:

My local Disney Store has never gotten any of the $50 notes, either.

And being the idiot that I am, I completely forgot to ask around to see the $50 on my last two trips to WDW. D'oh!

Supposedly, however, there were going to be two versions of the $50 note - a standard, spendable version, and a collector's version (probably framed).

You can buy DD$ at Guest Relations in all the parks, at Downtown Disney, and at some of the resorts. Just ask when you check in, and if they have DD$ for sale at your resort, they'll point you to the right desk.

You might also think about picking up one of the new Disney gift cards for some of your purchases. You can buy them at the Disney Store or at the parks, load them and reload them, and use them at anyplace in WDW that has a card reader. They're even replaceable if lost (but you need the original purchase receipt for that).

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the response. The problem with the gift card is that the ear that sticks up on the side causes the card to not fit in our wallets. The other problem is that we are purchasing Disney Dollars to use in places that will not accept Amex (including giving the kids Disney Dollars for spending money so we still get skymiles on their purchases when we aren't around) - and the same places won't accept the giftcard, either. So, while we can use Amex most of the places, we still need cash for others, hence - the need for Disney Dollars. I'll find out soon enough - we will be there by this time on Friday. :Pinkbounc

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter