Is the 3 day cruise worth it?

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disneyworld in April for two weeks (we will also be househunting in Orlando for our summer move) and for the last three days we are thinking about a short cruise on the Wonder. We have cruised a lot on other lines, RCCL and Norweigan, but never on a three night and never on Disney. Is it enough time to enjoy the ship and relax a little? We have three children, ages 3, 9 & 11 and have on hold a cat. 3 stateroom, 8032. It is rather expensive, about $5000, but the cat 4 which is the only other option for us is about $4000. Any opinions would be appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

While you definitely cant do everything they have to offer, 3 days on the Wonder is much better than 3 days at home. :) If thats what fits your schedule, then go for it!
We did and we are doing it again. Sure I would prefer a 7 day, but thats not possible right now.

We just got back from the Wonder in December. It was our first cruise ever. We loved it so much that we rebooked for next January. I would go on a three day Disney Cruise again. Relaxing is what you make it to be. We did take a tap on day but there is so much on board to do that we didn't want to miss anything. We are just that way. I would recommend the last dinner seating. We enjoyed that very much. They kids were never starving for dinner. We would get a little snack or room service if they were hungry. This would give a chance to rest during the day and play at night and sleep in....
Go you and your family will have fun. Christine.

3 days on The Wonder are definately worth it.

To keep costs down for a family of 5 you can book adjoining staterooms in a lower cat. Especially for the 3 day cruise when there isn't a day at sea, to fully enjoy the verandah. So little time will be spent in the room that 2 adjoining rooms may work fine.

We are going with 5 people in 2 cat. 10. A nice savings over the Cat 4., plus we'll have more room..( but no verandah.)

Good Luck Househunting. Enjoy the Cruise!

3 days on the Wonder is not as good as 4 or 7 days but MUCH better than no days. You will love the cruise and especially your suite (8032). Although we did not stay in that room we were next door to it and we just knocked on the door to see the suite. The people in the cabin were nice enough to show us around and believe me it was amazing. Since it is the 3 day cruise, I would stay on the ship on the day at Nassau. You will have the ship to yourselves and have a great day. Nassau is ok but not as good as being on that ship or in that terrific cabin.

Although I'd love to do the 7-day as much as we do the 3-day, vacation days and finances make it impossible!!! While the 3-day definitely goes by too fast, it is still well worth your while. Out of our 9 Disney cruises booked in 2002, 8 are 3-day trips. That is much easier for us to make the most of our vacation days, particularly because we sail on holiday weekends. Definitely do the 3-day if you can't do a longer cruise. The only downside is that it will leave you wanting MORE!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter