Is the 2 browser method still working when one is looking to switch over at 7 months?

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
Is the 2 browser method still working when one is looking to switch over to a different resort at 7 months but some of your points is locked up in a reservation you made at 11 months? I am eyeing BLT TPV for end of June and currently have my home resort of Poly booked.

Ok, I have printed out the directions and will give it the old college try next month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out!

I did it last Wednesday [October 18] and had absolutely no problem. I must admit, I was holding my breath and my heart might have skipped a beat until I hit refresh on the Hold Reservation and my points were all back and ready to go. :thumbsup2

I did it last Wednesday [October 18] and had absolutely no problem. I must admit, I was holding my breath and my heart might have skipped a beat until I hit refresh on the Hold Reservation and my points were all back and ready to go. :thumbsup2

When you said you hit refresh, was that when you clicked "cancel" on the borrowing page which bought you back to the booking page? It's a month away but I'm getting so nervous lol.

When you said you hit refresh, was that when you clicked "cancel" on the borrowing page which bought you back to the booking page? It's a month away but I'm getting so nervous lol.

I didn't do it exactly like the linked instructions. I used my desktop with Chrome to find the reservation that I wanted. When I saw it was available I began the reservation process, i.e. reservation would be held for 20 minutes. I then went to my iPhone using Safari and cancelled my existing reservation completely. Went back to the desktop where reservation process was being held and hit refresh. All of the points from my existing reservation were now available to me.

These were both high risk coveted reservations so I feel that my way of doing it is relatively safe. BUT, I would never guarantee 100% success. You NEVER know when the website is going to glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!