Is Storybook Dining really that hard to book? Other hard to get ressies?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I feel like I am not going to get this ADR bc I want to try and do it earlier in my trip (we are doing MNSSHP the day before we leave so I really didnt want to cut into that time too much, was maybe thinking of an early seating at Ohana's, last time they moved us out of there quick lol).

How has your experience been with getting this ADR? We are a larger party as well.

Also wanting to do Cali Grill for dinner (maybe brunch too?)
CRT
and the 2 mentioned above
I feel like all the ADRs I want are fan favorites, what should my plan of attack be lol.

I booked for a party of 6 for Storybook right when they opened up reservations for this restaurant - and had no issue. I also booked for Ohana' after as well. I did prioritize Storybook, just because I felt like since it was new - it would be harder to get. Based off of 'newness' - I would think to hit Storybook up first. Just my thoughts. :rolleyes1

Yep, I was booking for a party of 6 as well at the 180 day mark, I went for Story book 1st and easily got it.

I got my reservation and was able to change it twice between 40 and 30 days prior to our trip, but this was also after there were very few reviews posted at that time. I'm guessing since what's since come out has been mainly positive it will be harder and harder to get, especially as long as it remains a 1 TS Credit.

I booked Story Book dining as soon as my 180 day window opened. I have a party of 11 and Snow White is my great niece’s favorite princess

I've booked and changed our reservation a few times for our trip in May to get closer to the time we really wanted. Spots do open up, so if you don't get one straight away, it's worth it to keep trying. We're a party of 3 so that may make a difference.

My 180 day was this past Friday. I actually asked this same question a few weeks ago because I was hoping to go to Storybook Dining on day two of our trip. Although the responses were similar to those you received above (no problems getting the reservation), I had no luck for our party of three for dinner that early in the trip, and I was online at 7:00 and tried for it first! I think the only time slot they had was 8:45, which isn't a time that I can talk myself into having a big dinner! So, I flexed my plan and went with day six, and got the table no problem.

When is your trip? Maybe if you're planning at a less busy time of year, you'll have better luck? I'm smack in the middle of August, so the parks will still be full of summer vacationers. I always go into reservation making with a plan A and a plan B for my top two choices, usually one in the first part of the trip, and one later. I do think there are people who book several reservations and change them when they book FP+ or finalize plans closer to the trip, so even if you don't get the table you want, keep trying... all the way up to the day before!
Good Luck!

I got it for our June trip just the other night. It's our 3rd night and at 8:00. I checked and there is still availability each night in the 8:00 time frame.

We booked for June and got it at 180 days (later in trip but got the day we wanted). Well my second week of vacation is likely going to be denied so I rebooked some meals we really wanted into our first week instead around the 110 day mark so we could still eat at some must - do’s. I couldn’t find Artist Point any day. So I did the touring plans reservation finder for a couple of possible nights of our trip and that very same day I got notified that both nights were available in separate texts. I logged in immediately after getting each text and booked it for the night I most wanted it. I could have gotten it both times if I had wanted. I can’t believe how well that system worked. It appears they check hourly or so for reservation openings for you. Of course you have to hope no one else books it before you can get it but I was impressed! I felt like a cheater doing it but figured I would give it a try.

My 180 day was this past Friday. I actually asked this same question a few weeks ago because I was hoping to go to Storybook Dining on day two of our trip. Although the responses were similar to those you received above (no problems getting the reservation), I had no luck for our party of three for dinner that early in the trip, and I was online at 7:00 and tried for it first! I think the only time slot they had was 8:45, which isn't a time that I can talk myself into having a big dinner! So, I flexed my plan and went with day six, and got the table no problem.

My 180 was a few days before yours. This was my first trip I had a little difficulty getting exact times I wanted to any restaurant, but I assume its because free dining is now offered for almost all of August, and this is my first August trip. Usually I have no problems with any restaurant at my 180. The ONE I couldnt get any times for is Brunch at Cali Grill on the 8th day of our trip. We are a party of 3. They has slight availability for parties of 2, even today, a week later. Nothing for 3 or 4.

My Husband just surprised me with 2 (yes you read that correctly :) ) trips in April (51 and 71 days out) and I have not been able to get a reservation for us. [we are a party of 3 the first trip and just the 2 of us the second]. I am going to keep looking each day....am really hoping to snag one as our son LOVES character dining and characters in general and these are ones we have not seen. Fingers crossed we can get there

My Husband just surprised me with 2 (yes you read that correctly :) ) trips in April (51 and 71 days out) and I have not been able to get a reservation for us. [we are a party of 3 the first trip and just the 2 of us the second]. I am going to keep looking each day....am really hoping to snag one as our son LOVES character dining and characters in general and these are ones we have not seen. Fingers crossed we can get there
You can set up a free account at TouringPlans for their reservation finder. It’s an amazing tool for hard to get reservations.

I just booked this week for August trip and the only thing for 6 was at 8:45 for the weekend. I changed it to 4 and got a 7:00. There weren’t many choices. We have a split stay so that was the issue. We had three nights then five nights.

I got one this morning for my party of 9 in August. I went for it first thing and the only availability was day 6 of our trip at either 4:40 or 8:25. I went with the earlier time and figured it will give us more park time after dinner. I also tried splitting our 9 into a 4 and a 5 but the same times came up so I guess party size doesn’t always make a difference.

My 180 was a few days before yours. This was my first trip I had a little difficulty getting exact times I wanted to any restaurant, but I assume its because free dining is now offered for almost all of August, and this is my first August trip. Usually I have no problems with any restaurant at my 180. The ONE I couldnt get any times for is Brunch at Cali Grill on the 8th day of our trip. We are a party of 3. They has slight availability for parties of 2, even today, a week later. Nothing for 3 or 4.

If you can get 2 reservations for 2 I would do that, chances are they would seat you together if you let them know when you check in.

If you can get 2 reservations for 2 I would do that, chances are they would seat you together if you let them know when you check in.

I would, but we are a party of 3. Me, DH and DD15. I dont think my husband would want to sit by himself and I dont feel good about booking a 2 with only one guest. We go to WDW about every 2 years, so now I know for next time (but will keep looking for this time too!)

Thanks

My 180 days was yesterday, for 5 of us the only time I could get it for any day of our 5 night stay was 8.45pm, which is too late really with a 3 year old. The first couple of days were completely unavailable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter