Is rice milk available on the ships?

Bsmitty

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the ships have rice milk available? My 4 yo will need it when we sail & I'd really love to not have to haul it on with us. We'll be on the Fantasy.

Email DCL special services and ask as they may be able to stock it for you. I'm not sure if it is on as standard as only ever asked for soya milk.

We were able to get rice milk on the Magic and Dream. We did have to ask specifically for it. Our waiter had it waiting for my little one at dinner each night. We even found rice cream (ice cream) on the Magic.
Happy cruising!

If it is due to an allergy, PLEASE do yourself (and others with the allergy) a favor and call to have it noted on your reservation. They will order special things like rice "milk" based largely on the need for the cruise. If you do not notify them, you run the risk of them either not having what you need at all or not having enough for you and the people who did take the time to notify them.

Since people are asking, we are NOT dairy free, but we usually drink almond or coconut milk. Is it worth asking them to stock it? I don't want it noted that we have a dairy allergy, because we don't, and will be eating cheese, for instance.

Since people are asking, we are NOT dairy free, but we usually drink almond or coconut milk. Is it worth asking them to stock it? I don't want it noted that we have a dairy allergy, because we don't, and will be eating cheese, for instance.

Personally I would call (or better yet email - I feel like I get better answers generally when I email from the "contact us" page on the website) and ask if one of those is usually stocked on the ship. I don't know because I don't use milk on the ship. There is limited space, and I doubt they stock every type of milk-like beverage. It may be a situation where if it's that big of a deal you might have to bring some yourself - but I don't know.

Personally I would call (or better yet email - I feel like I get better answers generally when I email from the "contact us" page on the website) and ask if one of those is usually stocked on the ship. I don't know because I don't use milk on the ship. There is limited space, and I doubt they stock every type of milk-like beverage. It may be a situation where if it's that big of a deal you might have to bring some yourself - but I don't know.
Thanks, will do! It's such a long cruise, I'm trying to keep some things the same for the kids.

Thanks, will do! It's such a long cruise, I'm trying to keep some things the same for the kids.

Just saw from the ticker that you're doing a TA. DEFINITELY find out from them about if they stock it because there is DEFINITELY no way for them to restock mid-cruise like in an emergency they *possibly* could on cruises where they are porting.

This past summer I was on an RCCL ship on a 12-night Med/Venice cruise, and there were more people requiring (or at least requesting) gluten-free than had notified the cruise line and as a result they started to run out of things like the GF bread option at dinner. One night there was one piece of the good kind and two of some horrible stuff that I took one small bite out of and left. Thankfully when we overnighted in Venice, they were able to restock - though that might have been because RCCL did have some cruises going out of Venice so they would have restocking arrangements made in general. That is why I'm extra sensitive to notifying a cruise line of special dietary needs and not just assuming they will have enough. A ship is a different animal from a land-based resort.

If it is due to an allergy, PLEASE do yourself (and others with the allergy) a favor and call to have it noted on your reservation. They will order special things like rice "milk" based largely on the need for the cruise. If you do not notify them, you run the risk of them either not having what you need at all or not having enough for you and the people who did take the time to notify them.
So true & great advice. I'll email them right away. Thanks!

Looky what I found, from our EBTA last May. There's rice milk, and 3 other milks (sorry don't know for sure what they are). I believe one was Lactaid (is that a type of alternate milk?)
P1090774 1500.jpg

Now whether they have it normally, or if someone on the cruise arranged to have it available, I don't know.

Looky what I found, from our EBTA last May. There's rice milk, and 3 other milks (sorry don't know for sure what they are). I believe one was Lactaid (is that a type of alternate milk?)
View attachment 226961

Now whether they have it normally, or if someone on the cruise arranged to have it available, I don't know.
Lactaid is lactose free milk. Others look like Silk brand soy (possibly cashew?) and not sure on the blue box. Maybe almond milk. Thanks for the picture!

I haven't emailed yet. (Busy with my Daughter & husbands birthday weekend.) I'll email tonight. Anyone know the best email to use for this? Is the "contact us" like was suggested above the best way?
I've always found the "contact us" link on the DCL website quite effective. Usually get an answer within a day or two.

View attachment 226961

This is awesome! Is it in cabanas? I just emailed them, so we'll see what they say. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 226961

See, now this is why I don't think you're a real person, and are really a fictional persona derived from a group of several frequent cruisers.

Someone asks about something as esoteric as rice milk on the ships, and - lo and behold - you just so happen to have a photo of rice milk on one of the ships at the ready? C'mon.

I haven't emailed yet. (Busy with my Daughter & husbands birthday weekend.) I'll email tonight. Anyone know the best email to use for this? Is the "contact us" like was suggested above the best way?

In case you haven't emailed yet:

SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

They are probably the best people to advise on this one. If you have used the "contact us" this is where they are likely to forward it to so don't worry.

See, now this is why I don't think you're a real person, and are really a fictional persona derived from a group of several frequent cruisers.

Someone asks about something as esoteric as rice milk on the ships, and - lo and behold - you just so happen to have a photo of rice milk on one of the ships at the ready? C'mon.

Of course Shmoo is not a real person. She has a cartoon character as her icon. Anyone with a cartoon character as an icon is not a real person, but a collection of expert cruisers who come here to help us.

Which of course, makes you, Squirk...
:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter