Is POFQ sort of "motel like" due to the outside doors?

youngdizluva18 said:
I have stayed at POFQ many times and I love it. I love the atmosphere and the rooms are very nice. All of the rooms are pretty near to the pool/foodcourt. Disney did a great job captivating the atmosphere of New Orleans and bringing right to Orlando.

Actually I thought it was a LOT nicer than the actual French Quarter. It was like the French Quarter without all the public urination, vomiting, public drunkedness, loud noise, and garbage :)

I stayed at POFQ years ago and thought it was great. We are staying this year at POR and hope we are just as happy. I considered CSR for this trip, but after looking at all available pictures online, I decided that while I think CSR looks really pretty from the outside, the pictures of the room interiors turned me off. Too much gaudy, colorful furniture and appointments. I think for a honeymoon, POFQ rooms would be much more romantic and ....what's the word?....elegant! Have a great trip!

External corridors are something my husband and I particularly dislike. I booked POFQ without telling him it has exterior corridors after somebody said how nice it was. Well, we both just loved it! My husband thought it beautiful and wants to stay again. I know he would not think that of the average motel!

littleladykaty said:
I saw pics of POFQ today and I just couldn't help but think how much it looked like a motel from the outside...I know it's keeping with the New Orleans theme and that is how the French Quarter looks...but I've been wrestling with keeping the reservations at POFQ or switching to CSR...any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my honeymoon and i'm just being nuts about it! princess: :wizard:
I agree. We love CSR much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter