Is Pixar Play Zone staying?

courtney1188

Mouseketeer
Our kids are asking to do the Pixar Play Zone one night on our trip in August, but it seems they only have reservations open or times posted for the next 30 or so days. Is that typical, or a sign that it might be going away soon?

I am wondering about pixar play zone too. My daughter loved it last year and REALLY wants to do it again this summer. I am planning a date night for me and my husband (already booked Le Cellier) but everytime I call to reserve pixar playzone they say dates aren't available yet. I had a travel agent friend of mine call and she was told they were only booking until March 30 right now until they decide if it's staying. I hope they extend it until the end of the summer!

My kids don’t know it exists but man they would love it. I’ve just assumed that it was a running thing. We’re staying at the poly where they closed lilo’s playhouse and set this up. Having something on the monorail loop is the only way it works good for parents. I have three small kids so I can’t stay at the dolphin. That seems like an odd place if that the only one offered.

My kids don’t know it exists but man they would love it. I’ve just assumed that it was a running thing. We’re staying at the poly where they closed lilo’s playhouse and set this up. Having something on the monorail loop is the only way it works good for parents. I have three small kids so I can’t stay at the dolphin. That seems like an odd place if that the only one offered.
We stay at the contemporary so it's super convenient. The characters are a big draw for my kids. The only was I can justify a date night for us instead of a park night is if they are doing something equally as exciting. Dance party with the Incredibles fills it! I'll call again this week and check. Fingers crossed the extend it!

If you search for it on MDE you can check for availability on certain dates. Which for now is nothing after march

My wife and I are in the same boat. We basically planned a date night at 180 days out, basically expecting that this would be available to book by now. Unless no kids are attending right now, I could not imagine they would not continue with this. However, as we get closer to it only be announced for about 30 days from now I am getting a little worried. It seems like no matter what, by waiting this long they are going to have less buy-in in April. The longer they wait the more I feel like it will be gone.

Just seems like a niche that a lot of people would need...

Hi all
I have been trying to book this for Aug and was told tonight by Disney signature service that it is not running during the time we are staying.
They suggested a new event;

“We will have a new and exciting experience for your children to enjoy while they are with us called Captain Hook's Pirate Crew. Each night from 5-8:30 p.m., kids ages 4–12 are welcome aboard, participating in an escape room-style activity and treasure hunt throughout the resort. The pirate recruits will embark on a short boat ride across Crescent Lake in search for the treasure, and later return to Seaside Retreat to feast together after their excursion. Captain Hook comes to check on his recruits, teaching them the secret pirate hand shake, and making sure they found where “X” marks the spot.”

When i called to clarify she said that there were no dates for Pizar past end of March and this new experience started mid April, “make of that what you will!!”

The new experience is $55 plus tax.

We have booked for Aug but am disappointed in not having a later evening option!

It really doesn’t seem worth it. 3 1/2 hours off the monorail loop isn’t much time. Our 4yo dd isn’t going to care much about pirates. Toy story and incredibles, video games, boxcar derby and all three of our kids would love love that. If they kept Pixar we would would get so much more for an extra $10. I wish they would raise the price and keep it.

Oh this is super disappointing. I was really looking forward to this for my two kids in July

Very disappointing. Not sure how I feel about my autistic 4 yr old heading out on a boat. One room pixar play zone would have been right up his alley. I really really hope pixar play zone is extended! Fingers crossed still!

I'm sure decisions have already been made, but is there some place for people to vocalize their opinion to Disney? I know it probably won't matter, but maybe just maybe if enough people want it extended they might consider it??

Not quite as good, but we recently booked Camp Dolphin since we figured Pixar wasn’t happening for April.

Has anyone used the babysitting services? Does anyone know if I hire an in room sitter on club level if they would take the kids down to grab bedtime desserts? Or do the HAVE to stay in the room? We are gonna have to put some serious thought into how bad we want a kid free night if the play zone closes.

Has anyone used the babysitting services? Does anyone know if I hire an in room sitter on club level if they would take the kids down to grab bedtime desserts? Or do the HAVE to stay in the room? We are gonna have to put some serious thought into how bad we want a kid free night if the play zone closes.
I've used the sitter when my boy was like 10 months. No problems and felt fine about it.

Hi all
I have been trying to book this for Aug and was told tonight by Disney signature service that it is not running during the time we are staying.
They suggested a new event;

“We will have a new and exciting experience for your children to enjoy while they are with us called Captain Hook's Pirate Crew. Each night from 5-8:30 p.m., kids ages 4–12 are welcome aboard, participating in an escape room-style activity and treasure hunt throughout the resort. The pirate recruits will embark on a short boat ride across Crescent Lake in search for the treasure, and later return to Seaside Retreat to feast together after their excursion. Captain Hook comes to check on his recruits, teaching them the secret pirate hand shake, and making sure they found where “X” marks the spot.”

When i called to clarify she said that there were no dates for Pizar past end of March and this new experience started mid April, “make of that what you will!!”

The new experience is $55 plus tax.

We have booked for Aug but am disappointed in not having a later evening option!

That’s a huge bummer. Personally, I’m not comfortable with my young children going off on a boat without us. They were so excited about this too. Boo!

Very disappointing. Not sure how I feel about my autistic 4 yr old heading out on a boat. One room pixar play zone would have been right up his alley. I really really hope pixar play zone is extended! Fingers crossed still!

Same concern here. My five year old is pretty high functioning, but still on the spectrum, and a boat just...ugh. No.

In addition to the above info. This info was sent with the confirmation email.

Reminders:
  • Experiences on boat may be cancelled due to inclement weather, but do go out in rain and cold. Umbrellas, ponchos and sunscreen are not provided.

Program will be modified due to inclement weather.

• Must be independent with their toileting needs. (Children in diapers or pull-ups are not admitted.) Must be able to play well with others. Must be able to feed themselves. Must not require individual supervision or one-on-one attention.

• Dinner is served between 7:15 pm and 7:45 pm each night. Children must be checked-in by 5:30 pm to participate in the dinner service.

• There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

• Late arrivals will be able to join the experience. Guest are free to arrive/leave at their convenience however there are multiple experiences that happen throughout the event and we suggest taking advantage of the complete offering. The cost is a flat fee regardless of the arrival/departure time.

• Check in 30 minutes prior at Disney's Beach Club Resort at the Seaside Retreat which is located next to Beach Club Marketplace

• Life vests will be provided and required when on board.

• Guests are not permitted to bring their own food or beverages.
I get that people are disappointed about pixar playhouse stopping, we are too and were really disappointed when lilo and stich playhouse closed. My children are excited about tryjng this new option after enjoying the albatross cruise. I hoped that people would find the info helpful

I guess instead of date night will go check out Disney springs and see if my Landry’s card will get us into TRex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!