Is parking at the theme parks included with DVC purchased through Resale?

If you stay at your resort but pay through a 3rd party you have to pay to park at both resort and parks.
Staying onsite should give you free theme park parking. But renters are not entitled to free resort parking other than OKW and SSR. I just read that a few days ago on the DVC website.

Staying onsite should give you free theme park parking. But renters are not entitled to free resort parking other than OKW and SSR. I just read that a few days ago on the DVC website.

Hotel guests have to pay parking at the hotel; and as hotel guests get free theme park parking.

DVC guests staying on points, already paid for parking in their dues so do not get charged for hotel parking. And as hotel guests get free theme park parking.

Hotel guests have to pay parking at the hotel; and as hotel guests get free theme park parking.

DVC guests staying on points, already paid for parking in their dues so do not get charged for hotel parking. And as hotel guests get free theme park parking.
From the DVC Member website under Amenities & Recreation:
Self-Parking

Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

For rental Guests, a parking fee of $24 per night will be applied to the Guest folio each night of the stay.

When I bought a contract direct, the Guide told me specifically that Theme Park Parking was not included..........
it is NOT included unless you are staying ONSITE. So, your guide was correct. Theme park parking is FREE for ALL ONSITE guests.
There is a charge for parking at the resorts unless it is a DVC stay with points.

Annual Passholders get free parking at the PARKS.

That is not correct. The wording is odd but renters has been shown to be a reference to cash reservations through Disney. Rental guests continue to have free parking and have had the parking fee removed when it was incorrectly charged. There's also no difference between OKW/SSR and the other resorts.

That is not correct. The wording is odd but renters has been shown to be a reference to cash reservations through Disney. Rental guests continue to have free parking and have had the parking fee removed when it was incorrectly charged. There's also no difference between OKW/SSR and the other resorts.

The wording has changed on the DVC member website that indicates renters will be charged.

Not sure how it is enforced but it does say it.

It was changed a few months ago. I guess that DVC's email server wasn't working that day. :sad2:

Apparently at Riviera they've been charging from the start for non-owners staying on points. Or at least a lot of them. Another example of this DVC managements pushing the boundaries? It's certainly something they like to do.

Last edited:
I see the wording, but as pp said, I believe that it applies to cash DVC. If I am sending my parents to stay and they have to pay for parking because I checked the box that said not dvc, I would be sending a letter asap.
Our points our nights = free parking no matter who is using our points.
I dont see the difference with that as with using the pool or any other amenities available to staying onsite. Are their bands going to be different and not let them into Storm?
I think this is one that could be easily missed.

It's just one more way that DVC wants to discourage renting points. If they wanted it to say cash guests, they would have stated "Guests on a Cash Reservation through Disney Reservation Center". They wouldn't use the term "rental" for a cash reservation through DRC. Rental has always indicated "renting points".

The resorts have no idea if someone is renting or is simply a guest of the owner. On a FB rental group renters are still getting free parking. One renter was charged for parking at Riviera after being upgraded because the upgrade ended up being coded as a cash stay...she called in and the charges were removed once it was pointed out that the stay was on points rather than cash. Brokers are still stating that parking is free as well.

AFAIK, any stay at a DVC resort paid for with points or booked by MS for cash qualifies for free overnight parking at that resort. Parking lot maintenance is an expense paid for with annual dues.

IMO, renters in this context refers to stays booked through DRC/CRO.

I also wouldn't take the DVC/Disney site as gospel. Remember this beauty that was on the site for months and started many 'discussions'? It took months and many emails before it was fixed.

Screenshot_20200503-111225_Samsung Internet.jpg

The resorts have no idea if someone is renting or is simply a guest of the owner. On a FB rental group renters are still getting free parking. One renter was charged for parking at Riviera after being upgraded because the upgrade ended up being coded as a cash stay...she called in and the charges were removed once it was pointed out that the stay was on points rather than cash. Brokers are still stating that parking is free as well.

I was surprised when I ran across a few reports of Riviera renters being charge for parking. And they were NOT refunded. Reported as points stays, no upgrades were mentioned or cash payments of any kind.

I should have been more clear - my bad. We added on two nights at AKV a couple years ago through Priceline. It was right around the time that they added parking fees at resorts. I read and reread the statement on the website and it was not clear to me. I asked about it at the resort and they kindly waived the fee when I revealed our DVC membership, but they said that rules have changed and that is the type of reservation that will be charged at resorts. It was a one up for us, but now I know.

It was changed a few months ago. I guess that DVC's email server wasn't working that day. :sad2:

Apparently at Riviera they've been charging from the start for non-owners staying on points. Or at least a lot of them. Another example of this DVC managements pushing the boundaries? It's certainly something they like to do.
Does anyone know if the currently rented reservations will be Grandfathered in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter