Is Pandora still opening early?

sqpcsqpc

Mouseketeer
When I was here in November, Pandora was opening earlier then the rest of Animal Kingdom (approximately 30 minutes??). Is Pandora still opening early? Trying to determine what time to be there if we want to make an early dash to Pandora tomorrow.

When I was here in November, Pandora was opening earlier then the rest of Animal Kingdom (approximately 30 minutes??). Is Pandora still opening early? Trying to determine what time to be there if we want to make an early dash to Pandora tomorrow.
There is EMH almost every morning this month. Just FYI if you didn’t see that. I haven’t read it opening prior to EMH, just regular park opening days.

We were there at the end of January and were allowed to head to the rides at around 7:45 during 8am EMH.

We were there in May and it is Extra Magic Hours every day for a while. We got to the park about 30 minutes before extra magic hours and decided last minute to try to ride it (originally going to EE). They started leading us to the ride maybe 10 minutes before 8:00- we waited less than 10 minutes to ride. At 8:30- we had ridden both FOP and Navi River Journey (waited less than 5 minutes for that one) It was wonderful!

It opens earlier than the 8:00 EMH? How much earlier? Might be doing FOP at rope drop next week so I just want to be properly prepared.
It varies. We have been here two weeks and have gone to EMH several times. They have been letting us in around 7:45.

It varies. We have been here two weeks and have gone to EMH several times. They have been letting us in around 7:45.
What is the EMH crowd like right now? We arrive tomorrow and I’m curious if the crazy Pandora rope drop is a little more tame because of so many EMH

What is the EMH crowd like right now? We arrive tomorrow and I’m curious if the crazy Pandora rope drop is a little more tame because of so many EMH

Depends on how the CMs run it . It's still pretty chaotic most of the time. Exactly 2 weeks ago, we scanned into the turnstiles right at 745am which was a few minutes after they released the hounds and it was a pleasant stroll. Some people were still running. We skipped FOP and walked on Navi instead and were out before 8am. Then we saw maybe 4-5 people on the way to EE. It was glorious to have that half of the park essentially to ourselves.

So arriving at 745 we rode Navi, EEx3, Dinosaur, Dinosaur Spin, ITTBAB, and met Pocahontas, all by 9:05 with a bathroom/bandaid break, all at a very leisurely pace. We didn't wait in a single line except 5 minutes for Pocahontas

Depends on how the CMs run it . It's still pretty chaotic most of the time. Exactly 2 weeks ago, we scanned into the turnstiles right at 745am which was a few minutes after they released the hounds and it was a pleasant stroll. Some people were still running. We skipped FOP and walked on Navi instead and were out before 8am. Then we saw maybe 4-5 people on the way to EE. It was glorious to have that half of the park essentially to ourselves.

So arriving at 745 we rode Navi, EEx3, Dinosaur, Dinosaur Spin, ITTBAB, and met Pocahontas, all by 9:05 with a bathroom/bandaid break, all at a very leisurely pace. We didn't wait in a single line except 5 minutes for Pocahontas
Wow! That is a good morning!

I'm nervous about the EMH crush to get to FOP. I wasn't able to get a FP so I'm thinking that's our best bet. We will have kids (6 and 8) with us, however, and I'm worried about them. I've seen horror stories about kids getting separated from parents in the mad rush. Still an issue or has it calmed? When we're there HS will also be doing 7 am EMH on the same day so might that minimize crowds even slightly?

Last edited:
We are here now and NRJ was not open - only FOP was. They also made us go into pandora and then back track for Tusker house. They wouldn’t let us wait by pizzafari or anywhere along there. Then in pandora we were told to leave if we were not riding FOP or waiting for someone. We should have gone into the tree rather than have to go against the flow of the mob with a stroller, but I didn’t realize that may have been an option at the time. Many cast members giving different directions/conflicting info. Lots of running and mad people.

We did rope drop this week with young children in that range. Our experience
1. Arrived 715 good number of people ahead of us in line at turnstiles. Buses from all star seen leaving depot when we were walking in. People behind us took Uber. We drove.
2. Ran into turnstile issue with party before us so lost time. Then we had one with little kids fingers. Seemed like wdw wanted to slow some of the lines. Advice make sure kids fingers working properly night before.
3. Then herded to resort Id check. Make sure have magic band or linked ticket- would check ahead of time-as saw people stopped.
4. Then waited at park rope drop.
5. Then walked to pandora, line moved quickly and out by 820-830. Line for ride at that point way way back.
6. Rode rapids (delayed opening so waited), Everest and pandora river ride before 10. No fast passes.

We did rope drop this week with young children in that range. Our experience
1. Arrived 715 good number of people ahead of us in line at turnstiles. Buses from all star seen leaving depot when we were walking in. People behind us took Uber. We drove.
2. Ran into turnstile issue with party before us so lost time. Then we had one with little kids fingers. Seemed like wdw wanted to slow some of the lines. Advice make sure kids fingers working properly night before.
3. Then herded to resort Id check. Make sure have magic band or linked ticket- would check ahead of time-as saw people stopped.
4. Then waited at park rope drop.
5. Then walked to pandora, line moved quickly and out by 820-830. Line for ride at that point way way back.
6. Rode rapids (delayed opening so waited), Everest and pandora river ride before 10. No fast passes.

Not bad. So it wasn't the stampede I'm envisioning?

It did in April. They have CM usually walk you to Pandora so there isn't the mad dash running there. Kept things much more civilized.

We have a 8:10 Tusker House ADR breakfast next week with 8:00 EMH. What is the best way to avoid the Pandora/FOP stampede and make it to Tusker House?

Not bad. So it wasn't the stampede I'm envisioning?

No, but constantly have to keep maintaining position in line/herd can be difficult with young children because there are multiple starts and stops. I think with young kids have to always arrive more early bc will not be able to cut through/catch-up/move ahead like adults may. The line later that hour was tremendously long, plus once fast passes begin the line slows more. It is ideal to get it done quickly. Also, FYI we were told Night time safari was a good option. NEVER AGAIN. Could not see anything and a large convention group came through fast pass line at 845 pm meaning we had an hour wait in line. Do early in day if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!