Is our tent too big for the site?

4kids4karen

DIS Veteran
My famiy of 6 and our friends (family of 4) want to camp at FW. We have stayed in the cabins about 4 times before so we are familiar with area but never used a tent site. We normally go tent camping in FL state parks.

My tent is a Eureka Copper Canyon that sleeps 12. I am not sure the namebrand of our friend's tent but it sleeps at least the 4 of them, but is probably a 6 man tent.

I am debating if we need one or two campsites?

Actually, question should read are both of these tents combined too big for the camp site?

Also, campers are two sets of parents, then the "kids" are 20, 18, 18, 14, 10, 9.

100_3290.jpg
There are sites in the 2000 loop with very big pads, just let them know when you make your reservation (or call them back if you have already made them) that you need room for 2 big tents. I've put a 12x10' tent and a 10x10' screen room on one of those sites with tons of room to spare. You should not have any problems. They do allow up to 10 people on one site. If, for some reason, the site they assign you when you get there is not big enough, just call them and let them know the situation and they will do their best to accommodate you. I had the screen room behind the tent (I had already taken it down when I took this picture), and as you can see, I could have pitched the tent way closer to the front of the pad. This also wasn't the biggest site available, there were others that were bigger.

I also think you'll be OK. I've seen 2 tents, canopy and a screen room on the 2000 pads. :thumbsup2

I agree with the PPs. Aim for the 2000 loop. Some of those sites are huge. We always request this loop b/c we have a big tent set up too. The 1500 sites are iffy when it comes to size. Once, despite our request, the partial sites were full so they stuck us in 1800 (a camper site). It was a very tight squeeze. We didn't entirely fit on the pad. This only happened once. We've never had trouble in 2000.

Was looking for a Saturday night, Nov 3, 10, or Dec 29th. No luck on an opening. :-( So I expanded to Jan 5th.

For Jan 5th they had a full hook-up or premium. Since it is a tent she said she had to do the full hook-up cause the premium has concrete slab. I did ask her to put a note for a perference in the 2000 block as we have a tent for 12. As of right now I just listed my family of six. If our friends family of four decides to join us that would be great. I am concerned still that we may not get the 2000 block and two tents would not fit.

I have been talking to my friend and her husband is saying a big NO right now to Disney and wants to stay with the state parks. His reasoning is because he knows the kids will want to add the speedboats, and other expenses. At the state parks we just fish, cook our own food etc. I am meeting her for lunch and will ask them to just set a rule to the kids for no extras. It's just one night. Although my husband stated he wanted to horseback ride again, they don't have to participate. Their neighbor has horses so I don't see it as that tempting to them.

So we are booked! Cost is $78.75 as there was no military discounts for the campsite. Earlier this morning I did book the All-Star Sports with a military discount (for my daughter's cheer competition).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter