Is One day enough?

pdarrah

It's nice to know you are real, too
My parents have decided to take DH, DS20 and I to Paris this May. We are just starting the planning, but DH, DS & I cannot possibly be that close to DLP and not visit! (We are long time Disney park fans with many visits to the USA parks). However, time we spend at DLP is time we aren't in Paris with my parents. When they announced the trip to us (Xmas gift) they made a point of saying they knew we would need to take a day or two from the Paris visit for DLP. (They are weird and aren't really fans of the parks - they have been to WDW and DL with us, but have no interest in going back or seeing DLP on this trip!)

The question is ... can we see enough to feel like we didn't miss anything major in ONE day or do we need to plan two days for DLP? If it helps with seeing it in one day, we are open to paying extra for Fastpasses (I think 1-day tickets + FP expense would actually be cheaper than 2 days of park tickets)

We are willing to skip rides/shows that are pretty similar to ones in the USA parks. eg. If Star Tours is pretty much the same as WDW and DL, there isn't really any need for us to do it at DLP. We do want to see anything that is unique and different. None of us speak French, so a show that is solely in French is probably pointless. (DH & I speak some German, DS speaks a little Spanish)

We will be staying somewhere in Paris (still not decided - but hoping to find something convenient to the train to DLP). We are looking at mid/late May - probably the week of May 20-27 - so I think we are before schools get out in Europe for summer vacation, but that probably also means shorter park hours. Obviously, we will not have access to EMH.

My parents and DS20 have been to Paris before, but for DH & I, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated! - Thanks

You can see the majority and the unique things in one day. Some rides are similar, but it's fun to spot the differences between the parks, like Peter Pan. Don't go by description or name of the ride. Go to youtube and see how different it is. Peter Pan might end up on the list to skip, but Big Thunder Mountain definitely isn't going to be skipped. Tower of Terror might be a draw, as it is identical to California, however, we don't have the Guardians of the Galaxy layover. So maybe a keeper for nostalgic reasons.

No show is fully in French, usually it's half / half. Mickey speaks French, Minnie answers in English, etc. They repeat a lot, to make sure the majority can follow along. Phantom Manor (if open) was mainly French, but maybe after the refurb they have updated this. However, shows take time. Even when the show itself is 25 minutes, you want to be on time and it takes time to get out of a theatre.

Thank you for your thoughts - I really appreciate the input! Wow, this board is a lot quieter than some of the other DIS boards. Is there any other website you go to find DLP info?

Thank you for your thoughts - I really appreciate the input! Wow, this board is a lot quieter than some of the other DIS boards. Is there any other website you go to find DLP info?

I am a semi-local to Disneyland Paris, from the Netherlands, and only 1 hour flight (4 hours by train) away from DLP, with an AP. So I don't really need DLP info anymore :)

Disboards is mainly an American board and in comparison to WDW and DL not that many jump across the pond to visit DLP ;-)
I'm not sure where you find other information. The locals are more on Facebook I think, ED92 is a good source of information about what's going on in the parks now and new things. Not sure how popular thedibb.co.uk is nowadays, this is where you find the Brits.

dlpguide wesite has info on restaurants, attractions etc
You can do lots in a day, try to go midweek and avoid public holidays.

I personally would recommend at least two days but you can still have a great time if you only have one day. I would definitely make sure you catch Mickey and the magician and the nighttime show. You’ll get a fair amount more done if you pay for the extra fastpasses. I’d suggest arriving by around 9/9.15 as they let you into the parks earlier than official park opening. Have a good plan of action and try to eat at off peak hours as just queuing for food can take forever!

As for this board being quiet - you’ll find more information on social media groups which are more active than any English forum online. Most of the English groups are aimed at brits as you will rarely find an American at DLP unless you go during the half marathon

I think you can probably do it in a day. Do you want to park-hop though? That might make a difference. I actually like getting a park hopper ticket because of some unique rides in the Studios that aren't anywhere else - Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille are both awesome. And the Mickey and the Magician show makes me cry. BUT you can probably hit up all three of those in an hour or so, then hop on over to Disneyland Park for the rest of the day.
As others have said, don't make the mistake of thinking the rides are replicas (as they can be in Disneyland and WDW) because they're really quite different. Phantom Manor/Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, and Space Mountain are all very different to their US counterparts and definitely worth waiting in line for. Small World, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Autopia, Teacups, Star Tours and the 'spinner' rides (Dumbo, Orbitron) are more similar. But still fun ;)

We did two days at DLP and three in Paris and I would have loved to have another day at DLP. But then we went right before Christmas so it was fairly crowded and cold enough that we spent a few hours each day trying to warm up.

Hi Everyone - Thank you so much for the information and ideas! I still haven't made a final decision on 1 day or 2 days, but I think I'm leaning toward 1 day. There is so much I want to see in Paris and I only have 1 week. At the moment, it looks like we will fly on a Monday night (arriving Tuesday morning) and back home the following Monday . That really only gives us 5 full days (and 2 partial for the arrival & departure days) If we take 2 for DLP, I'm concerned I'm going to feel like I missed too much in Paris itself... I'm thinking it is probably worth spending extra for the fast pass thing if we are only going to be there 1 day. I'm thinking we'll stick to fast food so as to spend as little time as possible on meals. I'll have to read up on shows - we actually don't often bother with shows at WDW or DL in California. Once I do some more research, I'll have a better idea if we need to allocate time for all the shows or just a couple.

We are very similar to you in that we’re going in May, want to really see Paris, and are WDW regulars. We are planning a single day. We plan to be there early and stay late and just do what we can. This vacation is for Paris. If I want a Disney vacation, I’ll go to Orlando. Just my 2 cents! Have a GREAT trip!

On the flip side - if we book a two-night, three-day package...is that too much? We are Disney California experts, but this is our first foray into international parks. We'll be there in late July, three of us. We are well-versed in the ways of original paper FastPass at DL and Maxpass (DLP's version of which seems to be expensive and largely useless). I know DLP and WDS are smaller than the California parks. So I ask (as someone who's happily spent six days in a row at DL) - is three days too much?

On the flip side - if we book a two-night, three-day package...is that too much? We are Disney California experts, but this is our first foray into international parks. We'll be there in late July, three of us. We are well-versed in the ways of original paper FastPass at DL and Maxpass (DLP's version of which seems to be expensive and largely useless). I know DLP and WDS are smaller than the California parks. So I ask (as someone who's happily spent six days in a row at DL) - is three days too much?

The free paper version of the fastpass is still available in Paris, they are just selling unlimited fastpasses alongside, which I agree is a waste of money.

Generally people go for 4 nights/5 days as a basic booking. 3 days is definitely it too much. In July it will be busy so I would say 3 full days as a minimum.

The free paper version of the fastpass is still available in Paris, they are just selling unlimited fastpasses alongside, which I agree is a waste of money.

Generally people go for 4 nights/5 days as a basic booking. 3 days is definitely it too much. In July it will be busy so I would say 3 full days as a minimum.

4n/5d as a basic? I don't really believe that, to be honest.

To me, if you are familiar with a Disney park and you know what to see/do, you could see the highlights in 1 day, everything else in 2 days, with 3 days you have time to take breaks and repeat your favourites. With summer you will have long opening hours.
4 days or more is for really Disney die hards who want to discover every detail of a new park.

4n/5d as a basic? I don't really believe that, to be honest.

To me, if you are familiar with a Disney park and you know what to see/do, you could see the highlights in 1 day, everything else in 2 days, with 3 days you have time to take breaks and repeat your favourites. With summer you will have long opening hours.
4 days or more is for really Disney die hards who want to discover every detail of a new park.

Why bother asking if youve already made your mind up?

I’m in many groups on social media and other forums and the general consensus is 4night/5 days. This usually includes the arrival and departure days to involve travel, so they are not 5 full days. These are mostly UK residents who come for a short break, it’s different if you are coming from the US etc and it is just part of a larger trip.

Yes there will be longer park hours - 10am until 11pm but many rides during the day will be approx 1 hour or longer. Just getting lunch at a counter service can take up to an hour - no mobile ordering. Last February I genuinely queued for 30 minutes for a burger. Plus take into account waiting for the shows and parades. 3 days is perfect. I know a lot of people who have just 1-2 days and got hardly anything done.

Why bother asking if youve already made your mind up?

I’m in many groups on social media and other forums and the general consensus is 4night/5 days. This usually includes the arrival and departure days to involve travel, so they are not 5 full days. These are mostly UK residents who come for a short break, it’s different if you are coming from the US etc and it is just part of a larger trip.

Yes there will be longer park hours - 10am until 11pm but many rides during the day will be approx 1 hour or longer. Just getting lunch at a counter service can take up to an hour - no mobile ordering. Last February I genuinely queued for 30 minutes for a burger. Plus take into account waiting for the shows and parades. 3 days is perfect. I know a lot of people who have just 1-2 days and got hardly anything done.

It was a rhetorical question. And to me it doesn't make a difference if it's a short trip or a longer, if you are from the US, UK or another country, or whether or not you have two half days for travel. I rarily wait for anything more than 30 minutes, whether it's a ride or a place to eat at Disneyland Paris, regardless of the season. Exceptions are rides like Crush or Big Thunder Mountain. T
I stand by that with a good plan, use of EMH etc I am able to do all the highlights in one day, see the whole park (maybe I'll skip a kiddie ride or two) in two days. And 3 days is good if you want to do repeats or take it really slow. Everything above is extra time to me.
If you go in without a plan, it's the same like at Disney World on the Christmas day.

But it's fine to disagree with me. My experience is difference from yours, and that's no issue

It was a rhetorical question. And to me it doesn't make a difference if it's a short trip or a longer, if you are from the US, UK or another country, or whether or not you have two half days for travel. I rarily wait for anything more than 30 minutes, whether it's a ride or a place to eat at Disneyland Paris, regardless of the season. Exceptions are rides like Crush or Big Thunder Mountain. T
I stand by that with a good plan, use of EMH etc I am able to do all the highlights in one day, see the whole park (maybe I'll skip a kiddie ride or two) in two days. And 3 days is good if you want to do repeats or take it really slow. Everything above is extra time to me.
If you go in without a plan, it's the same like at Disney World on the Christmas day.

But it's fine to disagree with me. My experience is difference from yours, and that's no issue

Apologies I thought you had asked the question about 3 days. Everyone has different experiences, however if someone is going out of their way to
Visit I would recommend 3 full days as a minimum so you can experience as much as possible.

Apologies I thought you had asked the question about 3 days. Everyone has different experiences, however if someone is going out of their way to
Visit I would recommend 3 full days as a minimum so you can experience as much as possible.

DLP is pretty small, but in 1 day you won’t see everything, especially if you plan to park hop. However, since you are in Paris for 1 week total, you might want to keep it to 1 day at DLP, maybe 2. If you were going primarily to experience DLP 4/5 days makes total sense. But since this is a side trip 1-2 days would be ok. There is SO much to see, do & experience in Paris that is totally amazing & unique! It depends on what your vacation priorities are and what you enjoy. While it is hard to compare to the Disney magic, Paris is a really magical place in its own way. There is so much history, culture, art, stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and amazing food! The FOOD in Paris is incredible, particularly if you are adventurous, while I found the food at DLP really disappointing both in comparison to French food generally & WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts