Is New York part of New England?

Is New York part of New England?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 123 94.6%

• Total voters
I grew up in southern New England. After college, I moved to the mid-Atlantic, and I was blown away with the number of people who didn't understand the concept of New England. I had some people ask me where it was, if I was British, some even thought New Jersey was part of New England... it was bizarre. This wasn't everyone I met, but I did hear comments at least monthly for the whole 20 or so years I lived there (have now reintegrated back into the New England way of life, though in the northern part.)

As many have answered already, New York is not part of New England.

Sorry ..but I’ve been told differently 🤷🏻
Ha, at first I was wondering if this was a joke... but then remembered.. my sister lives in RI and also hears comments like that.
So since this thread is drifting I figured I would help push it out to see.....

How many people here realize "Rhode Island" is not the name of the state? Well it not the first third of it
Lil' Rhodey has a big real name! Rhode Island, 3% bigger at low tide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter