Is Le Cellier worth it? (We’re not on dining plan)

KEVD

DIS Veteran
We don’t go to any of the signature restaurants because we just don’t like spending that much $$$$$$ on meals. However, My teenage son is a bit of foodie, loves steak and has been dying to go to Le Cellier. So, for our next trip, we’ve decided to bite to bullet and go.
Is it really worth the price? (I’m trying to get over my sticker shock after looking at the menu).

If your son wants to go and you have never been, I say go. In my opinion, there isnt a restaurant in WDW that is "worth" what they charge with the exception of Victoria and Alberts. That said the steaks are good in my opinion and I have never had a bad meal there since we started going to WDW in 1997. The vast majority will say Yachtsman is the place to go for steaks but Ive never had a good meal there in 3 tries. In my opinion, the best steak is at Bull and Bear followed by Shulas.

It really depends on how great the steakhouses are where you live. I rarely go to steakhouses or Mexican restaurants on vacation because the ones we have at home are amazing. I want to eat somewhere different on vacation.

The times that I have eaten there, the food has been good and so is the service. I even threw in a wrench with a substitution because the steak I wanted came with asparagus :crazy2:. I asked if I could get green beans instead. Not a problem.

If you decide to go, as tempting as the may be, hold off on the rolls. They will fill you up before the entree even arrives. They will let you take the rolls with you when you leave. Just ask for a to go box and you'll have snacks for later. Especially the pretzel roll.

We went in 2015, and we were disappointed. We won't go back. I would recommend BlueZoo at Dolphin if he is a bit of a foodie.

We went in 2015 and it was excellent. Then we went for Thanksgiving last year and it was not so great, but in their defense we had the traditional Thanksgiving meal, not steak. We did have good service both times, and I do like the atmosphere, even though it's a bit cramped. However, I definitely prefer Yachtsman overall, and their steak is the best I've had.

When we went in Jan. our expectations were too high and we were disappointed. We plan to give it a second chance one of these days. I would recommend Jiko for a good foodie experience. I love the filet there (and the wild boar)

We don’t go to any of the signature restaurants because we just don’t like spending that much $$$$$$ on meals. However, My teenage son is a bit of foodie, loves steak and has been dying to go to Le Cellier. So, for our next trip, we’ve decided to bite to bullet and go.
Is it really worth the price? (I’m trying to get over my sticker shock after looking at the menu).
A much, much better WDW steak signature restaurant is Yachtsman Steakhouse. It's in the Yacht Club resort, near Epcot (walking distance). We have had the best steaks there we have ever had, anywhere. Good service & spacious tables.

Le Cellier, by contrast, has tiny tables set very close together, like in a coffee shop. When I ordered a medium-well filet, I was served a very well-done filet that was burned on the top.

The two restaurants charge similar prices. Yachtsman is worth it. Le Cellier is not.

Last edited:
To be honest is there really any restaurant anywhere that is worth it? Disney is expensive so you go in knowing that. You are visiting and if like us don't go often so spending a few extra bucks this time should be ok.

You are on vacation and want to try something new, go ahead and try it. You will then form your own opinion to go by in the future. We have been there many times. It is not cheap but we feel its a good meal overall. By no means is it the best steak I have ever had but that's not why I am going.

One thing I have learned a long time ago reading these posts is you MUST form your own opinion on food. We love places many people hate and vice versa. Everyone has different tastes and WE can't tell you if YOU will like it.

Good luck hope you try it and enjoy.

Le Cellier is probably one of the most argued about restaurants as to whether or not its worth it...I think it is but I only get the filet (but that's my rule at any steakhouse) and it's always so tender you can cut it with a fork, like soft butter. Honestly, I don't think it's really that expensive compared to the steakhouses at home...if I'm paying 40ish at home for a filet and 53 at Disney, it's not out of the world expensive.

On the flip side, I don't think it's a place where a foodie would want to eat (but maybe that's because I'm 3 hours from the Canadian border). I think Tiffins at Animal Kingdom is probably more of a foodie's destination.

To be honest is there really any restaurant anywhere that is worth it? Disney is expensive so you go in knowing that.

This. Nothing at Disney is worth what you pay for it, except that it's at Disney.

That said, the signature filet with mushroom risotto is a classic. I haven't been in a while but I have it booked for my next trip, not using the DDP. My son and I will share it and I'll get him an extra side of truffle mac and cheese. That all should be pretty good. It has been good every time I've had it and friends of mine who have been recently said it's still good. I have a few favorites at Disney that are panned on the board but I always have had a good meal there myself... every time I get anxiety that they've gone downhill it turns out to be unfounded.

Every restaurant has a bad day and sometimes you get unlucky and get more than one. I had a miserable meal at Narcoossees following a "meh" meal there but people love it. It's not on my personal list again for a while (need a break) but I don't think I believe it is that crappy all the time and the rest of the world just has bad taste ;)

So "worth it" is very subjective because everything is high priced in Disney. I live on Martha's Vineyard so am familiar with tourist prices but I pretty much don't go out during the tourist season then take advantage of off season deals... and I sure am not eating Filet (but if I do it's about half the price at Disney, even in season!) When I go to Disney I just budget generously and don't worry about whether anything is worthwhile on a monetary scale. If I decided beforehand I wanted to do it and was ok with paying whatever extortion they are asking for the experience, then I pretty much just close my eyes and sign and it's one week out of my life every year or two :)

If your son wants a good steak consider Yachtsman, if you want a great steak Shula's at Dolphin/Swan.

We think so. I cancelled a second dinner at LC one trip so we could try the steak and lobster at Narccoossee. It was good, but we liked the LC filet better. We don't eat at fancy steakhouses often but we have tried a few well known places in various cities we have visited and like LC the best. Maybe it is the pixie dust? YMMV though.

Just don't get tempted to get anything but the filet. Last trip my father and brother got the ribeye ( their favourite cut) and the filet my DH and I got was much better.

I should add that we have never paid for it OOP. When we did a last min trip with no free dining, we ended up buying the Deluxe DDP partly because Le Cellier was a must do. Whenever anyone talks about Disney, my DH will inevitably bring up Le Cellier and how awesome it is.

We love Le Cellier, however; I would recommend only getting the filet. We have never been disappointed in the filet - always cooked perfectly and melts in your mouth. We have been disappointed in other cuts of meat, so my advice is go and get the filet!

We love Le Cellier, however; I would recommend only getting the filet. We have never been disappointed in the filet - always cooked perfectly and melts in your mouth. We have been disappointed in other cuts of meat, so my advice is go and get the filet!

The first time I went there, I ordered the filet (I only order the filet at steakhouses) my now husband didn't. His steak was good, he had a bite of my filet and realized his error in judgement. He now orders the filet when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!