Is laundry free at all Deluxes or just DVC resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree that it's rather surprising anyone would go to another resort to do their laundry, I think it's plausible. However, I think what is upsetting most people is the "free laundry" that was in the title and a couple of the responses -- those of us who pay maintenance fees every year to support those laundry rooms are justifiably unhappy with the implication that someone is saying "hey, come over here and do your laundry for free!" This is my 15th year of owning at BWV and I've never used the laundry rooms. That does *not* mean I begrudge any person staying in the BWV (*not* BWI) rooms using them. Whether staying on points they own, they've rented, or on a cash basis, legally staying in a DVC room gives that person access to the amenities which include use of the pool, Community Hall, and laundry room. (I believe Disney allocates some % of cash-basis income to upkeep, so I don't have a problem with cash paying guests taking advantage of those amenities.) I do, however, have an issue with people deliberately going to a DVC resort specifically to use those amenities because they're "free." I think the OP was surprised to discover the laundry room was useable for free; I think that the decision to use said laundry room *if* the second responder to this thread knew that the laundry room at her resort was not free was morally questionable but understandable. What those of us who are DVC owners are trying to get across to any people reading this thread is that once you know the laundry rooms at a DVC resort are free, it would be wrong to specifically go there to use them.

Goodness, such angst over laundry and how a thread is titled.

No, I was not "surprised" to find the laundry was free. I knew before I went four years ago laundry was free at DVC resorts, hence why I asked the question about deluxes.

For those posters that answered my question, thank you. :)

i am no mind reader..but your actions revealed your intent.
for ex., i am sure you take your laundry with you whenever
you play tennis. guilt seem to be your guide because of lack
of justification? yes...it true....if one compares what others
say vs what they are doing...is more accurate.

as for others, if you was paying for someone else would you
not object when others help themselves to something
coming out of your pocket. as a dvc member, i trust them
to secure anything that we are paying for. now if disney
is willing to pay for your free laundry then that would
be ok with me. so before you judge dvc -d., it easy to
understand his anger.

thanks d.freak...not as "tight" as i wanted to be. fyi...this is
a more significant "point/way of thinking" then most are
aware of...just not for this situation. rationalization when done
to a fault, is very hazardous to a person life. for ex. , it
explains why so many die in house fires....the respiration
system isn't just about getting oxygen...it is an exchange
rate....critical for maintaining "ph". we have back up systems
in placed & in some situations giving oxygen will shut them
down , leading to death. so i was not to confront her claim,
but i don't think anyone buys the way she did it. really,
coming from another resort....just by chance.

fyi, to dfreak....very tired...as i wrote that in between working
several over times...work has been "heavy" lately.

if i observe a car pulling up with all their laundry & "seeing"
their window sticker is from another resort....& i am
dues....them i have a the right for dvc to stop it. but if
disney paying for it, then i could care less. * why?
it just laundry...but "members" see this type of stealing
all the time....& i am objecting to dvc...their current actions
is to raised our dues. this action, makes it unethical based
on "taking something that does not belong to you"/
no permission by owners do so. so yeah, i am with dvc -d.,
it ticks ,me off when disney permitted this "guest" to steal
something that i must pay for. clearly.

one more observation, why are you denying the fact that
disney is not paying for your free laundry but dvc
members? :snooty:

Wasnt going to post but as a DVC member of 15 years I believe poster WAS bragging about the free laundry she recieved, especially after putting :cool1:at the end of her post. We DVC members are going to believe she knew what she was doing, only she truly knows. Many people do things at Disney to save a buck, legally or illegally. Bravo Lil Grumpy!!!!!!

Wasnt going to post but as a DVC member of 15 years I believe poster WAS bragging about the free laundry she recieved, especially after putting :cool1:at the end of her post. We DVC members are going to believe she knew what she was doing, only she truly knows. Many people do things at Disney to save a buck, legally or illegally. Bravo Lil Grumpy!!!!!!

1. The poster specifcially stated "I brought the laundry to wash while we were playing and found out there was no charge for the washer and dryers."
The key words are "found out". The poster did not know.

2. Also the same poster stated in another post that she brought quarters. So if the poster knew it was free, why did she bring quarters?

I'd be psyched too if I went to do laundry, and discovered it was free (without knowing it was taboo for me).

Someone clearly didn't know what they were talking about, Disney clearly states that a washer and dryer is an amenity when staying at a DVC resort on cash. As long as you are a registered guest you are free to use the facilities. The one thing Disney says is not free unless you are a DVC member is borrowing movies.

I was at AKL Kidani last week and used the laundry room, there is a sign on the wall that states the use of the laundry facilities are for DVC members. Why is there a sign if it's for everyone?

Not sure what the whole showing of room keys and parking passes means. Anyone can drive to a WDW owned resort and park there if they are visiting the resort. You don't need to show any ID.

You do have to show ID. Every time we drove onto a different property where our magic band didn't work to open the gate (= everywhere but POR where we were staying) we had to show the ID of one adult in the car.

i am no mind reader..but your actions revealed your intent.
for ex., i am sure you take your laundry with you whenever
you play tennis. guilt seem to be your guide because of lack
of justification? yes...it true....if one compares what others
say vs what they are doing...is more accurate.

I disagree 100%.

They STATED, quite clearly, that the intention was *to do laundry and PAY FOR IT* while playing tennis. I don't see a single thing wrong with that intention. When they got to the laundry room, they found that the machines wouldn't take their money. I'm guessing that there are very few people in this world who wouldn't take that as a little gift and continue doing the laundry. Very few people would think "hmm, something's up, I better not do laundry here".

I was doing laundry at POR and the signs stated quite clearly that the cycles are 30 minutes each. My dryer's cycle took nearly 45 minutes. I obviously got far more time than I paid for. Should I have taken the laundry out at 30 minutes? Did I steal 15 minutes of hot air?

Wasnt going to post but as a DVC member of 15 years I believe poster WAS bragging about the free laundry she recieved, especially after putting :cool1:at the end of her post.

Emoticons describe feelings. The OP was excited to find that out. The OP was celebrating that discovery on that day. Hence the emoticon. Doesn't signal the original intent at all. And it doesn't mean that we can now expect that poster to go to do laundry there forever.

On our first trip we went to Kona for breakfast and then wanted to head to MK for a few hours. I asked the concierge desk people the best way to get to the TTC lot so we could go there. All the concierge people there looked at me like I was crazy and told me to just leave my car at the Poly. It wasn't a big deal, they (the people talking to me, I'm not saying they were speaking for all of the Poly) have NEVER had a car towed for such a thing, please just leave the car there and take the monorail to MK and have a great time.

They didn't actually tell me how to get to TTC, and like I said, it was our first trip and we were still very much lost and confused. So we followed their directions. And it was pretty cool. I tell that story very much like day-day tells their story. It was neat. I did this: :cool1:

And on our recent trip, we had an early reservation at the Wave and then a FULL day at MK planned. So we...yep, paid for Valet at the Contemporary so we had a bonafide and absolute right to park there all day. I still celebrate that moment at the Poly, but it certainly wasn't our intent and it definitely did not lead to longterm bad behaviour. :)

1. The poster specifcially stated "I brought the laundry to wash while we were playing and found out there was no charge for the washer and dryers."
The key words are "found out". The poster did not know.

2. Also the same poster stated in another post that she brought quarters. So if the poster knew it was free, why did she bring quarters?

I'd be psyched too if I went to do laundry, and discovered it was free (without knowing it was taboo for me).

Exactly.
I was at AKL Kidani last week and used the laundry room, there is a sign on the wall that states the use of the laundry facilities are for DVC members. Why is there a sign if it's for everyone?

So where's the laundry room for NON-members who are staying at Kidani? If that sign really means what it says, what do the family members of DVC members, the friends using their points, and the people who booked cash through Disney do?

Maybe the sign doesn't mean what it says?

i seen your pattern before, & well familiar with your tactics...
& i am not impress....no matter how you twist the facts.

...but to drive the point to your ways of thinking ....if you
walk in a store , and there is no clerk...you just help
yourself without paying?

nor do i think you don't add your opinions without cause.
makes me wonder how many others things in dvc that
you extend this attitude toward, "helping yourself",
bump.s? (see?) i read many of your other posts here so
i am not surprise @ what you are projecting.

if you want to debate, then pick a neutral topic & we
will see if you can defend your manipulations. your
a resale owner if i remember right? but for here,
the only fact that would support your claim...was the
poster a dvc member &/or did she- have "free"
laundry @ the resort she was staying?

this topic has a *real dvc issue in that dvc collect members
due for these expenses...so they are in trust to prevent
others from stealing. are you claiming that dvc does not
charge members for laundry? and as a paying member,
every one in this status, should not be paying for others
..walking into dvc facilities , and walking out scott
free.

oh, so that you know...there are other "points" that clearly
showed the intentions of the poster. i did not list them
because i think it is more dvc "duty" to stop the stealing.

as for those making it out to be a joke, are not owners?
what you are not aware of , there are many /similar
issues that are costing $ . it like the "friend" that is
always taking & borrowing but never offering a
thing in return. not much of a friend, to me.

worst..you are protecting something you have been
doing.

however, that was not my main point i was trying to make.
rationalization is a real condition where practice to a fault,
can be fatal. for ex., giving oxygen to a copd pt.
with breathing problems can kill them. :sad1:

hi dvc worker? hope this issue "caught" your attention.

it should. especially if you adding these costs -non.members
using / stealing from owners...because isn't it your job
to stop it ? & if you know this is going on, & do nothing
...is an ethical issue. ( due to $ ).

also i think dvc owners are learning more about what
is costing their dues to rise via hidden costs. in facts,
it is threads like this that enlighten my understanding.

oops...i see your signature cclady..so what is your interest
when you don't have a "dime" in this argument?

oh, we like cats, & dogs too.

special thanks to s,girl & my fellow dvc members. :flower3:

..a lil'fyi....@ work we have to deal with professional drug
seekers qday. this is nothing compared to that level.

however, the reason i wanted to responded back..."is
to keep the focus on the subject" ....i think dvc is
not doing a good enough job to stop these kinds
of losses....& it bugs me how they add these losses
to the owners.

oh, i only recognized her resales from previous debate
so she knows the reference i was making. while we
are not resales, does not mean there is lesser value.
sometimes i think resales owners are more educated in
dvc and are good resources. what i have learn most
here, there are conflicting dvc owners..speaking
directly to those with rci connections. i think "what"
they are doing -like making rooms available by not
trading in--should be published in the dvc magazine.

anyhoo , special thanks again..& happy dvc-z-ing!

[QUOTE="Lil' Grumpy]
..a lil'fyi....@ work we have to deal with professional drug
seekers qday. this is nothing compared to that level.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it.

Not a DVC member here, although hoping to rent some points soon (at a place where the washer/dryers are in the villas), but I also read the the OP's post as not trying to deliberately rip off DVC members. If she continues to do the same, now knowing it was wrong, then of course she deserves all the comments that have been levelled at her.

Incidentally, Lil'Grumpy, are you suggesting that because no-one has a specific involvement, that they are not allowed to make any comment? If that were so, the boards would be a very quiet place! As you seem to labour the healthcare analogies, it's like saying that a man can't be a gynaecologist because he doesn't have a uterus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter