Is it worth it?

caro81235

Earning My Ears
Hello all:

I will be traveling to Tokyo in a week, and I have exactly one 1/2 day to devote to Disney. I would love to spend more time, but I'm on a trip with my masters program and have very limited free time. I am thinking about getting the after 6pm ticket to DisneySea on a Tuesday evening. Should I bother? Or is the park something you really have to dedicate some time to? Is there anything I should know about going in the evenings? Early closures or whatnot? Transportation issues? Any input helps.

Thanks!

On various trips to Tokyo, I've only had a chance to visit TDR in the evening; and while a full day is obviously better, I say that some time is better than none.

But since Fastpasses likely will have all been distributed, you'll need to prioritize if your goal is attractions rather than atmosphere. Like U.S. parks, there is a tip board (to the left as you enter Mediterranean Harbor); my experience has been the posted times are usually accurate or only slightly overstated.

I would suggest prioritizing:

(1) Journey to the Center of the Earth. This is the signature DisneySea attraction. Unfortunately, the standby line can be quite long.

(2) StormRider. Consider it Star Tours on steroids. If both chambers are running (but I've often found they aren't...), the line should be OK.

(3) Tower of Terror. The ride itself is milder than in the U.S, but the pre-show is completely different (and stars Imagineer Joe Rohde!).

(4) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not as strong as the other three, but unique. Ask for a front row seat ("mae no seki") for the best view.

Thanks! I only realized this week that I might have a chance to spend some time at Disney, so it's a little overwhelming when I have no idea what to prioritize!

DisneySea is so beautiful at night, you should definitely go! Buy an after 6 passport catch BBB!, ride an attraction and have diner or just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter