is it worth it???

fallen_angel727

Here you leave today and enter the world of yester
We just booked a 9 night stay next July at CBR for our honeymoon with the DDP. I was thinking about calling and changing the first night of our stay to a Park view room at the Contemporary so we could watch wishes the first night from the room.

My question is do you all think it would be worth it to have this room for just one night, then have to waste part of the next day checking into CBR? I was thinking we could go to a park with out stuff in the car, then leave in the afternoon check in at CBR then go back. Like I said though, I just don't know if it would be worth it to go though all that trouble for one night. :confused3

any thoughts would be appriciated...

thanks everyone

Well the question I would ask is will you be happy for 1 night at a Deluxe Resort and then switching to a Moderate Resort?

We figure it will cost us about an extra $300 for the one night, but for the first night of our honeymoon with Wishes and maybe a dinner ressie at Chef Mickey or The Wave or something, I think it might be worth it.

We definitely cannot afford to stay at a deluxe resort for our entire trip, and to be quite honest it might be a once in a lifetime chance to stay at a deluxe disney resort anyway. We are thankful for the deal we got at CBR, and we're both quite excited to be there, so I don't feel switching to the moderate will be an issue.

I would just like some other opinions as to whether some other dis'ers think it would be worth it

Why not stay at the Contemporary the last night of your stay? I would much rather go from a moderate to deluxe than the reverse. Add a dinner at the California Grill to cap off the night.

We figure it will cost us about an extra $300 for the one night, but for the first night of our honeymoon with Wishes and maybe a dinner ressie at Chef Mickey or The Wave or something, I think it might be worth it.

We definitely cannot afford to stay at a deluxe resort for our entire trip, and to be quite honest it might be a once in a lifetime chance to stay at a deluxe disney resort anyway. We are thankful for the deal we got at CBR, and we're both quite excited to be there, so I don't feel switching to the moderate will be an issue.

I would just like some other opinions as to whether some other dis'ers think it would be worth it

I say GO FOR IT! It's your first night of your honeymoon so it will have extra special meaning to the both of you. Plus, you said it may be a one in a lifetime chance, so why pass it up? Make your honeymoon night extra special and magical...stay at the CR! Let us know what you decide :goodvibes

It's the first night of your honeymoon and you want to stay at the Contemporary...yes! Lovely idea and something you'll always remember.

On a practical note, you will not be able to take advantage of the DDP for Chef Mickey or The Wave because that is linked to the CBR stay and won't be activated until you check in at CBR.

Why not stay at the Contemporary the last night of your stay? I would much rather go from a moderate to deluxe than the reverse. Add a dinner at the California Grill to cap off the night.

This is what I'd do. Last night instead of first. You have CBR transfer your luggage to CR and go do what you are going to do for the day. Then go to CR and check in, go have dinner, grab a bottle of wine, go to the room and relax on the balcony while watching wishes. Very nice way to end a honeymoon. :goodvibes

If you can do it - go for it!!! When my husband and I got married we stayed at a friend's condo in St Croix... now don't get me wrong - it was beautiful and we had fun. But it was the off season - things were closed, we had to cook... and I definitely still look back and wish we had done something a little more vacationy and more luxury. You only have a honeymoon once! Ahh well, maybe we will have better anniversary trips later!

CR on first night - very romantic and great way to start vacation... CR on last night you will be able to use dining plan meals until midnight the night you check out - so would work for a CR dinner.

Whatever you decide - live it up! I hope you have a great time!

I would think about it doing it for the last night. What a way to end your wonderful Honeymoon. You will probably be tired from you vacation. You could check in early and just relax at the resort all day. The first night might still be a little crazy for you since you are traveling there and may not get to check in until later. Either way you decide I think it would be a nice treat!

we stayed at the cbr for our honeymoon as well. we ended upgrading to the blt and really enjoyed watching the fireworks from our room. i think it is a great idea and you should go for it. they will move your bags at the resort so you don't even have to worry about. congrats and enjoy

As a person who is planning my own honeymoon I say you should absolutely do it! However, I recommend the last night of your trip. It will be much easier for you to "upgrade" to a deluxe resort than "downgrade" to a moderate. And what a memorable way to end your vacation!

Definitely plan on spending the night at the resort (have all your park time earlier in the week). Have dinner, walk around and enjoy time on your balcony watching the castle change color before wishes. It will be a very memorable experience. And as others mentioned, your DP will carry over until midnight that evening so you'll be able to use the credits for dinner instead of paying OOP (which you would do on your first night). Enjoy!

So our DDP won't even be activate the day we check into CBR...but when we check in around 3? Hmmm...i figured it wouldn't be active the day we arrived, but i didn't know about the whole next day. Are we able to check in early (say 9 or so) even though our room isn't ready and still use the DDP for lunch and dinner that day?

This is what I'd do. Last night instead of first. You have CBR transfer your luggage to CR and go do what you are going to do for the day. Then go to CR and check in, go have dinner, grab a bottle of wine, go to the room and relax on the balcony while watching wishes. Very nice way to end a honeymoon. :goodvibes

dumb question, but the luggage transfer would work the other way too right from CR --> CBR? Not that it would matter because we would just check in really early so we can use our DDP credits for dinner and either lunch or a late breakfast.

We haven't decided yet, it's really DFi's call since the room is on his credit card initially so it would be and extra cost for him initially, but I gave him a week...I'll know by next wednesday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter