Is it weird (allowed?) to eat at Ohana solo?

DisneyMemee

Superwoman (Aren't we all?)
Hello all,
I write this on the eve of Free Dining frenzy! ;)
I was supposed to be visiting this coming weekend (4/18-5/1) with my daughter who's just gotten a new job (she's a FL resident) and will not be able to meet me. I've decided to go anyway--it's only 4 days and I know Disney like the back of my hand. We had several great ADR's lined up. One of the things I was most looking forward to--beside seeing my daughter!! :( was Ohana. Would it be completely weird and creepy to go by myself? Will they let me? I have an ADR (for 2) for BOG breakfast, but since that's basically counter service, I don't think I'll have an issue there at all, i.e. showing up as a party of one and not two. Any thoughts are appreciated!!! :) Thanks all!!!

Last edited:
I've seen people go solo. We have had a lady who was solo seated with us. Go and enjoy yourself! Nothing is weird at Disney.

I'm not understanding how eating alone is creepy. On what basis would a solo diner be denied service?

I'm not understanding how eating alone is creepy. On what basis would a solo diner be denied service?

Allison, my ADR is for two. I am showing up as "one"--hoping they will allow that and I won't get weird looks. People can be judgy, no? ;)

You should be fine! My trip went from me and my mother-in-law to just me, and I am keeping my Tiffins ROL pkg that's still for two (couldn't change it to just for one, managed to change all of my other ADRs from party of two to party of one). I think Ohana by yourself would be just fine...just think, you won't have to share that bread pudding, it'll be ALLLL YOURS :lovestruc:lovestruc

Allison, my ADR is for two. I am showing up as "one"--hoping they will allow that and I won't get weird looks. People can be judgy, no? ;)

A lot of folks have ended up booking meals for two because the system wont book an ADR for 1 at times. Go and enjoy your dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter