• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it safe....?

I've been solo for part of my last two trips. I've never felt unsafe. There has always been a cast member or security presence. In fact I'm hard pressed to even remember dark pathways. It's very well lit.

Take reasonable precautions as you should anywhere and you'll be fine.

I felt safe.

I stayed at BWI solo and was out and about until 1am or 2am nearly every night.

I just kept an eye around my surroundings. I never had a problem.

Just keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings. Don't think that just because you are in Disney that you are 100% safe, use the same level of caution you use in your "real" life and you should be fine. I've walked around the lake alone many a time in the early morning and never felt creeped out or unsafe but I kept my eyes open. Also, good idea to follow the PP's advise of leaving when the crowds start to thin. Have fun!

I travel alone every Dec...love my solo WDW trips!!! I've stayed at all level of resort when traveling alone. I have never felt unsafe.
There was the time I was staying at BWV. It was very late...MK had MVMCP that night. And I had stood around, chatting with some friends. So, I missed the bus and had to wait for another one. It was around 1am by this time!!! I decided to get on the first Epcot resort bus that came...and of course it was the YC/BC bus!!! So, I hopped on. I got off at BC and walked back to BWV...it had to be close to 1:30am by that time. I did hear noises in the brush, but that was just the bunnies being startled by me!!! It was a bit creepy with no one else around. But, I did feel safe.

Another late nighter alone all around the boardwalk and dtd area, no issues. Never even thought about it.

Not trying to hijack your thread op but could I ask how safe you think it will be walking from HS to BWV when HS closes at 1:00 am. Just my girlfriend and I going, leaving DH's home.

37 year old female here...I have done it. At home, I often run by myself on fairly isolated trails, or at night or very early in the morning...sometimes when I've had insomnia I've even gone for a run at like 2 am...so maybe I'm a bit of a "risk taker?":confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter