Is it possible to ride all the ride in each park in one day?

tal2019

Earning My Ears
We are coming for a week. But wanted a few rest days, so we were thinking of doing one park each day. Is that enough time to ride most rides, still see parades etc?

Are the wait in line times pretty reasonable?

If you are going standby vs buying Genie+ and $ILL then I wouldn’t say all the wait times are going to be reasonable. Some of them will be quite long and daunting. However it’s certainly not impossible to ride most of the rides in one day per park as long as you’re in the park for most of the day (either go early or stay till close) and as long as you keep your focus mostly on the rides. MK has a lot of rides - that might be tough to complete in a day but you can likely hit many of the good ones if you’re willing to do prioritize and wait in line.

If you do get Genie+ and/or $ILL then you’ll likely get more done in less time, but with an extra expense of course.

I would do 2 days in MK. The rest you can hit the highlights in a day each, though we prefer to split EPCOT too.

Epcot and AK are pretty easy to knockout in a day with Genie + and ILL. HS and MK can be much more challenging. HS due to long waits and MK due to the number of rides. Depends a lot of crowds that day of course.

Have you been looking at the recent posts on the Here Now, Just Back thread on the Theme Parks and Attractions Forum? People post about what they accomplish on their trips both with and without Genie+ and ILL.

The answer to your question will be different based on whether or not you plan to pay for Genie+ and ILL.

It seems like wait times can be very long if you do not plan to pay for them.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...g-experiences-including-park-hopping.3807247/

Thanks everybody! We went ahead and got the genie for each day. Don’t mind paying for lightening lane either. Sounds like we can get most of the parks done except Magic Kingdom? We really wanted a rest day, would you recommend giving up the rest day for two days at MK?

Another option is to do vip tour at MK: If we did vip tour at MK, can we do it in one day?

Thanks everybody! We went ahead and got the genie for each day. Don’t mind paying for lightening lane either. Sounds like we can get most of the parks done except Magic Kingdom? We really wanted a rest day, would you recommend giving up the rest day for two days at MK?

Another option is to do vip tour at MK: If we did vip tour at MK, can we do it in one day?
If you have the financial resources to do a VIP tour, consider getting park hoppers, because then you can use the VIP tour day to hit all the major attractions at all four parks.

But, that being said, if you can afford a VIP tour, then you can afford to purchase 6-day hoppers or possibly add a couple of days to your trip.

VIP tours cost between $425 and $850 an hour and have to be booked for a minimum of 7 hours, so that's a minimum of $3K and a maximum of who-know-how-much.

There are threads on this board where people who've done the tours talk about their experiences, so that would be useful for you to research here.

I know I'm late to the party but a few suggestions:
Consider adding an extra day. If you're already doing a 4-day ticket, the additional cost of adding a 5th is a lot more reasonable. That way you have the option to go back to a park if you missed something (eg a ride was offline, kids got too tired etc). Plus you can space out your days. Instead of a full day at a park you can do two half days and add in some down time. One night watch the fireworks, the other night ride attractions with lower wait times
Buying Genie+ is the first step but make sure you are familiar with its nuances because it's very easy to not use it optimally and only get a couple of rides rather than 5-6. Tom Bricker has some good albeit advanced Genie+ tips.
If staying on site maximize your early entry and evening hours if you have access. I've done astro orbiter, buzz lightyear and Tomorrowland speedway all in the early entry half hour before jumping into the space mountain queue before 9.

Depending on the time of year and the hours the parks are open, maybe. It's easy enough to do both Epcot and AK in one day and ride every ride there.

There is a lot of entertainment in Epcot, just about every country has some sort of something going on so it might not be possible to ride every ride and see all of them but riding every ride, easy.

AK can have long lines for the rides in Pandora and tends to close earlier than the other parks but it's possible to ride all the rides there and stop and watch some of the entertainment. You really shouldn't need Genie+ for either of those so I wouldn't buy it in advance of the trip unless you plan on having hoppers and can use it at night at another park.

HS can be tricky, it has a lot of E ticket rides that can have long lines and RoTR is almost guaranteed to either go completely down or have parts of it go down on any given day. Even with Genie+ there is a chance you'd be stuck in a line for it if it goes down, not as long as you would be without it but still. There are currently 2 shows running at HS, but they do have the little parades and depending on when you are going, Fantasmic is starting again at some point.

MK has a lot of rides, if you are planning on doing them all it's possible to ride all the rides, watch the parade and see the stage show and live to tell the tale without Genie+. If you don't intend to ride the kids rides or spend a lot of time in Fantasyland, it's easy enough to hit the big ones (the three mountains, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, HM) and then maybe hit some of the smaller ones (SDMT might be hard) like Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, Under the Sea as well, even without Genie +. Not sure you would be able to do all that and see the parades, shows and fireworks but MK is opening earlier and staying open later this spring and I'm going to assume into the summer.

Keep in mind, if you just about any time other than Dec - say March, it is going to rain, it is going to storm and some of the outside rides like TT at Epcot, SDD at HS, EE at AK and Splash, BTMRR and SDMT at MK will shut down if there is lightening within a certain distance.

You would most likely have to do park open to park close at MK and HS and still might not get everything done at MK if you want to take an entire day off. We tend to not take a full day off, we just go back to the resort mid-day and go to the pool for a few hours and always have hoppers, which seems to help. I will say, I have been going to WDW since 1983 and there are still some rides I haven't ridden (my son wasn't a fan of the kids rides even when he was a kid) and some things I haven't experienced and there have been years I've gone 3 times a year.

I think you will need to get to the park when it first opens and stay until it closes to have any chance of doing every ride in one day. That may work for your family if you are the go-go-go types, but for many others probably not. The most popular rides tend to have the longest wait times so you can easily burn up several hours waiting in those lines. Disney parks are HUGE and involve a LOT of walking, so am not sure you will want to walk all the way to some other area just to see a parade if you were elsewhere doing rides. You just never know how crowded a given park will be on any individual day until you get there and see for yourself. Paying for the various Genie options can help, but there are still limits to how many you can purchase and how often, so it isn't like you will be able to get a reservation on every one of the most popular rides.

If this is your first time at Disney you really won't know what you enjoy the most until you experience it for yourself. You will also figure out what works for your family in terms of the optimum mix of park/non-park days. After several visits, you will know which parks/rides you consider the highest priority and plan accordingly.

Personally, I would get a 4-day ticket, make sure to do MK earlier in my itinerary, see what I was accomplishing, add an extra day to my ticket if needed/wanted while there. You can add extra days as long as it is before the last day.

We typically do one park per day and visit each park once While we don't hit "every" ride at each park, we feel we cover all the rides and attractions that we want. We've never felt like we haven't been able to do anything :)

I have been going to WDW every 2-3 years for the last 50 years and still have some rides/experiences I haven’t done but we are always satisfied with what we were able to accomplish. Just go in with a plan and expect the plan to change throughout the day. Make a list of everyone’s must do’s and make those a priority. I would think MK and HS would be the hardest to get everything done in one day. There are a ton of rides in MK and a lot of headliners and awesome shows at HS. I’m not a park hopper but you could easily make AK a 1/2 park day if you are a rope drop to close kinda family and spend your evening at another park. Just don’t forget to stop and smell the roses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts