Is it possible to pay cash to upgrade a points reservation?

chicagodisneyguy

DIS Veteran
We are staying a week in a studio on points and wondering if at check-in the resort would let us upgrade to a 1BR for some amount of cash? I did something similar in Bora Bora where we used hotel points to book a beach room then were able to upgrade for $150/night to an over-water bungalow.

I'm points poor at the moment but would be willing to pay $100 or $150 a night to upgrade if available. The dates for my stay are currently available in all 1BR categories except for standard so seems like odds would be in my favor for rooms being available.

If the answer is no, it seems like Disney could be missing out on some incremental revenue.

We are staying a week in a studio on points and wondering if at check-in the resort would let us upgrade to a 1BR for some amount of cash?

Aloha! It is not possible to pay the difference in cash to upgrade from a points reservation. Knowing Disney they have looked that option for members up one side and down the other. Having been a member for over 25 years, and having worked WITH members for a lot of years, I'm guessing it could be a MAJOR headache for the FD. My guess. :o

Simple answer is no. Different revenue streams within the Disney organization. Points are points and cash is cash.

What you could do is book as many nights as you can with points in the one bedroom then pay cash for additional nights. Or try to find someone to purchase a transfer of points into your account in addition to buying 24 one time use points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter