Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very surprised in many ways they would choose LA, but surprising in others. Cannot understand for the life of me making that kind of move right now. I wonder if it's actually true?

If there's any time to avail yourself of a private jet if it's an option, now would be that time. Although I cannot understand the need to make a move right now if true.

Not very surprised in many ways they would choose LA, but surprising in others. Cannot understand for the life of me making that kind of move right now. I wonder if it's actually true?

If there's any time to avail yourself of a private jet if it's an option, now would be that time. Although I cannot understand the need to make a move right now if true.
Well, the Disney elephant flick is out soon, the infamous one where Meghan did some voice work. Perhaps it was important to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. But the hasty move, and the mode of travel does seem to go against a lot of what they've previously said. As for the private jet, everyone who uses one has good reason, I'm sure. But H&M are two of the loudest out there preaching about carbon footprints. Surely they had a car/Range Rover up in Canada, wondering how the vehicle got to LA and why they couldn't have packed it up and jumped in for the move to LA themselves (ala the Hillbillies :hippie:). They want to be normal people, they say! Somehow their words and their actions just don't seem to jibe. But whatever.

i don't think Americans hate Megan like the Brits seem to... after all she is an American. The British press has viewed her as an outsider and an interloper to their precious institution. Many Americans are like "Hell ya grrrl, go shake up those stuffy repressed Royals... you know how to really freak them out? Open your own car door".
I'm not sure I agree with that. The British press were happy for Harry and initially loved Meghan, too. (Discussed earlier in this thread.) Most Americans had no idea who MM was before she started dating PH. And there has been a lot of other dissent among issues we've already rehashed. If you read comments in articles you can see how people from all over the world feel about her, and them. Many Americans are also fascinated with the Royals, and greatly respect the love that the citizens of the UK have for their institutions and traditions, which is why shows like Downton Abbey and The Crown have such followings. Many of us have followed the RF for a long time.

Well, the Disney elephant flick is out soon, the infamous one where Meghan did some voice work. Perhaps it was important to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. But the hasty move, and the mode of travel does seem to go against a lot of what they've previously said. As for the private jet, everyone who uses one has good reason, I'm sure. But H&M are two of the loudest out there preaching about carbon footprints. Surely they had a car/Range Rover up in Canada, wondering how the vehicle got to LA and why they couldn't have packed it up and jumped in for the move to LA themselves (ala the Hillbillies :hippie:). They want to be normal people, they say! Somehow their words and their actions just don't seem to jibe. But whatever.

Oh I absolutely agree they are definitely guilty of, do as I say not as I do regarding their environmental stance.

Making a drive of that many miles, with a young child no less, during the current situation would be reckless not only to their own wellbeing, but potentially turns every stop made (necessity demands stops would be made) into a free exchange of exposure risk all along the journey, with the risk transferring to everyone who comes in contact with the people and places they've made contact. On that front the private jet is the way to potentially expose the least amount of people.

I don't see any reasonable emergent need for a move right now. Doesn't mean it's impossible, but honestly seems highly unlikely. If, if it were regarding something as frivolous as wanting to "strike while the iron's hot" or desiring a change of scenery or climate it would reveal two very obliviously entitled people. There's no proof that's the case. I'm not even certain the "move" is factual.

Maybe it wasn't hasty. They were living in a rental. Maybe they had no control over how long they were staying. I know I have an answer for everything, but I just don't get the need to find something wrong in everything they do. As for comments on articles...every time I see them, I understand why they want nothing to do with the RF anymore.

Maybe it wasn't hasty. They were living in a rental. Maybe they had no control over how long they were staying. I know I have an answer for everything, but I just don't get the need to find something wrong in everything they do. As for comments on articles...every time I see them, I understand why they want nothing to do with the RF anymore.
If, as reported, it’s true that they wanted to get into the US before the borders closed, then yes, that could be considered hasty. Especially where they just came back from a very significant and complex trip to the UK. That’s also not what I’ve seen reading a good variety of articles’ comments. People of the UK in large part revere the monarchy.

Certainly an owner/landlord of a multi million dollar mansion who has leased the property to such an internationally high profile couple AND their newborn wouldn't hesitate for a second to insist upon the terms of a lease and push them out in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. Certainly that's plausible.

Certainly an owner/landlord of a multi million dollar mansion who has leased the property to such an internationally high profile couple AND their newborn wouldn't hesitate for a second to insist upon the terms of a lease and push them out in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. Certainly that's plausible.
I think you nailed it. 😬

I'm surprised to see this level of petty from you, Annette.
:confused3 Not petty at all - sincere actually. They've moved on and while I wish them well, their presence here, especially before the security expenses got sorted out, was not a positive thing for Canada. There was also nothing derisive towards them in the article I linked.

Last edited:
@Searc , I really don't understand your laughter. :confused: I'm neither for-or-against them as people, doing whatever they do. Myself and countless Canadians, while we may have sentiment for the Crown, are egalitarian at heart and were not impressed to have Royalty in our presence, especially at the expense of tax-payer funded security. There was also talk of having Harry appointed Govern General of Canada. As an American you may be unfamiliar with the significance of that role, but having the position occupied by a worthy Canadian, rather than a aristocratic British designate, is no small thing.

:rolleyes1Anyway, I only even posted it as the news happened to catch my eye in a feed that is basically nothing but Covid doom and gloom. I'm past participating in most CB threads on that topic, so I'm happy to go back-and-forth on this with you, even in *******.

@Searc , I really don't understand your laughter. :confused: I'm neither for-or-against them as people, doing whatever they do. Myself and countless Canadians, while we may have sentiment for the Crown, are egalitarian at heart and were not impressed to have Royalty in our presence, especially at the expense of tax-payer funded security. There was also talk of having Harry appointed Govern General of Canada. As an American you may be unfamiliar with the significance of that role, but having the position occupied by a worthy Canadian, rather than a aristocratic British designate, is no small thing.

:rolleyes1Anyway, I only even posted it as the news happened to catch my eye in a feed that is basically nothing but Covid doom and gloom. I'm past participating in most CB threads on that topic, so I'm happy to go back-and-forth on this with you, even in *******.
Your claim it wasn't petty flies in the face of the rest of your posts in this thread.

Hey, did you hear Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus? :duck:
Yes I did AND Boris Johnson now. One interesting thing about it, including the cases of Sophie Trudeau and other high-profile people, they all seem to automatically proclaim their cases to be "mild". I wonder how they can be so sure or if their infections are not being disclosed publicly until well into the recovery period?

Yes I did AND Boris Johnson now. One interesting thing about it, including the cases of Sophie Trudeau and other high-profile people, they all seem to automatically proclaim their cases to be "mild". I wonder how they can be so sure or if their infections are not being disclosed publicly until well into the recovery period?
It’s because they’re rich and/or famous. They know they’ll receive the absolute best medical care and can therefore be reasonably sure they’ll make a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter