Is it okay to change a baby’s diaper at a table?

I'm a nurse and what I have seen, smelled and had splash on me would probably cause many of you to pass out cold, if a cat walking on the counter is that upsetting for you. ;)

Yeah, so. I have a friend who is a nurse, a nurse practitioner, she finds it very disturbing as well. :confused3 Being a nurse has nothing to do with be disturbed by it. I know a lot of nurses who are complete germaphobes at home. Either it bothers you or it doesn't. being a nurse doesn't have anything to do with it.

I'm a nurse and what I have seen, smelled and had splash on me would probably cause many of you to pass out cold, if a cat walking on the counter is that upsetting for you. ;)

Yeah. I am kind of funny about not being grossed out at the places I eat. Whether it is in my own kitchen or a restaurant, I don't like cat hair in my food. I also don't like to smell poo or urine when I am dining.

Could you imagine going to a restaurant where cats walked on the counter:faint:

If I were a nurse, maybe eating while smelling feces wouldn't bother me. And perhaps cats on counters wouldn't even phase me. Maybe that is why I am not a nurse :rotfl:

Yeah. I am kind of funny about not being grossed out at the places I eat. Whether it is in my own kitchen or a restaurant, I don't like cat hair in my food. I also don't like to smell poo or urine when I am dining.

Could you imagine going to a restaurant where cats walked on the counter:faint:

If I were a nurse, maybe eating while smelling feces wouldn't bother me. And perhaps cats on counters wouldn't even phase me. Maybe that is why I am not a nurse :rotfl:

Well don't dine in other countries then. When I studied abroad many of the places I visited had stray cats that walked/laid on the tables both inside and out. This was especially true in Italy

We had a cat for almost 18 years (she just passed away 2 weeks ago), & we NEVER let her walk on the kitchen counters! Ick!! Her cat paws have been in litter!

And whether or not you think it's germy to change a baby's diaper at the table or not, it's just not nice to change a diaper where other people are eating. It reeks of bad manners. Like someone else said, you just don't need to attend to bathroom needs where people are eating.

Also, most baby wipes aren't antibacterial wipes. So, unless a mom wipes off the table or chair w/ an antibacterial wipe, she's not really getting rid of any germs wiping the table w/ a just a baby wipe.

I suppose it's a bit like farting in a restaurant. People do it, it's not the worst thing in the whole wide world but it's gross and rude.

I am an OR and we would go to lunch after some gross stuff, but I wouldn't want it at the table with me. People just don't think about anyone, but themselves. I just saw a picture of the mom and dad and the baby. Like everything is ok because the baby is cute. Once I was in a department store and was hoping that the mother would take the child and change her. The smell was pretty bad. I just had to leave, because it didn't look like they were. So yes I do think it can affect a business.

I have 3 cats and even though I have never SEEN them on the counters, I still wipe down the counters with antibacterial spray before I prepare food there. Who knows what they do when I'm not here?

What you do in your own home is your choice.Cat, no cats, change the kids on the dinner table next to the spaghetti, whatever,

But in a place of business the rules change. It's rude and disgusting to change your child's diaper in the sight and smell of other patrons, particularly if they're eating. It means that the needs of your family supercede the rights of every other person in the establishment. Those people came into that establishment to enjoy a cup of coffee and something to eat, not to smell what's in your precious snowflake's diaper.

When you leave the house, be prepared with a plan for changing the diaper. Either go to a place that has a changing table, use a mat on the floor of the restroom, use the stroller in the restroom, go out to the car, or find something else that works. But do not expose the other patrons of that establishment to what's in that diaper, particularly while they're eating. It's, at the very least, incredibly rude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter