Is it just me....

Mskay1216

Mouseketeer
I was in the grocery store the other day and noticed that you can now buy Mickey mouse waffles and soon the stores will also carry the Mickey mouse ears ice cream bars.
Is it just me or does it take away the nostalgia just a little.... these are the little things we look forward to on our Disney vacation...

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...

I found the waffles to be very different but fun to have on occasion. I’m going to look for the Mickey bars every time we go to the store because the whole pack costs about the same as 1 bar at Disney. Maybe we won’t want them so much at Disney if we can have them at home - but I bet they taste better at Disney just because we are st disney

I was in the grocery store the other day and noticed that you can now buy Mickey mouse waffles and soon the stores will also carry the Mickey mouse ears ice cream bars.
Is it just me or does it take away the nostalgia just a little.... these are the little things we look forward to on our Disney vacation...

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...
So don't buy them in your local store, only buy them at Disney and keep your little bubble alive. Just because they are offered outside of the park gates doesn't mean you have to purchase them.

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...

I can totally understand. Something's are just meant to stay at Disney. I do think it is kind of fun to have them for a limited time. It's nice for his 90th but I don't think it will be something they will continue to do. The Mickey bars look fun but the waffles look nothing like at wdw.

If they sell well... bet we ll see moremickey things popping up... revenue

It’s funny, we never buy Mickey shaped waffles, or ice cream bars when we’re at Disney. I don’t know. They just hold no appeal. But I’m excited to buy them for home. :)

The waffles aren’t the same as what you get at Disney (they’re not as thick and don’t taste the same, not malted). Dole whips are another thing I notice all over now, but they aren’t proprietary to Disney so I can’t complain about that. I really don’t buy Mickey-shaped food at home (but I don’t seek it out in the park either. If I want a pretzel or ice cream it’s because that’s what I want regardless of shape).

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...
We have a Mickey waffle maker. I think of it as a way to enjoy a little Disney from home.

My son was so excited to see Mickey waffles in the store. We actually bought a box today to try to hold us over until we can eat the good stuff on our next visit.

I've bought the Mickey waffles a few times for my kids - they're basically just Mickey shaped Eggo's. They're nothing like the delicious Mickey waffles at Disney World and we're definitely still looking forward to getting those on our next visit!

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...

This doesn't answer your question, but we bought the Mickey Mouse waffles and they were horrible. My kids refused to eat them, and I understood why after I tried them.

The Mickey waffles by Eggo are downright awful and nowhere close to the real thing you get at WDW. The Mickey Bars from what I heard are going to be a little bit smaller in size. Not sure about the taste yet since they are not in my grocery store yet. There have been other Mickey themed treats as well like someone mentioned the Oreos. Also I've seen the Pepperidge Farm Limited Edition Mickey Mouse shaped goldfish style snacks floating around the stores lately.

Nope, this does not bother me at all. I think is is basically the same as buying Disney clothes at Target, etc. You buy what you want if you want. I don't think the food is magical, anymore than I think clothes are special if they are bought only in a Disney store.

I haven't seen the waffles but I bought Mickey Goldfish in my local grocery store yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter