Is it crazy shopping at DTD on Black Friday?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We are planning a Thanksgiving trip. We are flying home on Black Friday, but our flight doesn't leave until 3PM. We thought about spending some time at DTD before our flight. Is it crazy busy on Black Friday? Do they have those crazy discounts were you get up at 3AM to get or anything like that? Just wondering. Thanks!

Good question, I'm curious too! That will be our last day in the parks for our Thanksgiving trip.

I never thought about that! Now I am curious to find out :) We will be ARRIVING on that day so it doesn't really pertain to us, but still i'm curious!

That sounds like a fun and safe Black Friday, since they have security before entering DTD now. Although, I question if they would have any deals since it's in a premium location (just like the McDonald's/IHOP across the street doesn't participate in some promotions because of location).

In the past, there have been crazy long lines to get in to WOD at opening. Don't know if they have a regular Black Friday sale or if this was a special event. I've never heard of any shopping in the middle of the night. A friend braved the lines for WOD once (!) and said that the line went all the way back to somewhere around the Lego Store. For her, it was worth it (stocking stuffers for everyone on her list at great prices!). But I also noticed that she's never done it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter