Is it August Already? Ticket Prices Went Up Sunday.

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Disney didn't even wait a year this time. Ticket prices went up yesterday (June 12th)
They are getting closer to that $100 a day mark. A 10 day pass went up 11%

=== From UPI article ==========================
Beginning Sunday, it will cost $85 plus tax to spend a day at Disney World, the Orlando Sentinel reported. That's a 3.7 percent hike from $82.

Buying longer-term passes won't be as good a deal as in the past. A five-day ticket will rise 5.9 percent from $237 to $251, the newspaper said. A seven-day pass is being bumped up 8.1 percent to $267 and a 10-day pass spikes 11.1 percent to $291.

The price hikes follow increases invoked last August.

"Our research tells us that nearly all of our guests agree that a Disney theme-park experience is a strong value," spokesman Bryan Malenius said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...isney-World/UPI-98141307836102/#ixzz1PADRuiio

I think we are going to convert our tickets into Annual Passes in August. It's getting too expensive not to.

I think we are going to convert our tickets into Annual Passes in August. It's getting too expensive not to.

I think I remember reading that you are a DVC owner. If so, you'd do well to go with APs since we get $100 discount per AP. Then, when it's time to renew, you can get the renewal discount along with the DVC discount.

With the discounts, I think it works out that if you spend at least 8 days in the parks in the span of 365 days, the AP is worth it.

I think I remember reading that you are a DVC owner. If so, you'd do well to go with APs since we get $100 discount per AP. Then, when it's time to renew, you can get the renewal discount along with the DVC discount.

With the discounts, I think it works out that if you spend at least 8 days in the parks in the span of 365 days, the AP is worth it.

We're buying DVC this summer. And with three trips planned between now and next spring, it's a good thing!

Disney raised ticket prices 2 months early, AND they also started booking 2012 resort packages on the same day.

P.S. You can still purchase discount WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist at the old prices - while supplies last.

I was tempted, but I do not need tickets until December 2012. Guess I will keep my money in my own pocket a little longer.

I was tempted, but I do not need tickets until December 2012. Guess I will keep my money in my own pocket a little longer.

I would normally do that, but the increase in ticket prices between now and December 2012 will be greater than any interest you could earn on your park ticket. However, I don't pay off cruises early, as some people do.

Disney raised ticket prices 2 months early, AND they also started booking 2012 resort packages on the same day.

P.S. You can still purchase discount WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist at the old prices - while supplies last.
Have you dealt with Undercover Tourist before? That looks great, especially since shipping is free. It's a significant difference.

Sayhello

I've said this before, but ticket prices are going up too fast compared to the economy. At the current rate of increases gaining admission to Disney parks will be comparable to going to a pro sporting event. Now-a-days mostly corporations are supporting and buying tickets to pro sporting events. I'm not sure corporations would support admission to Disne's parks although some sponsor attractions and shows.

If you look back to the 80s and early 90s the rise in ticket wasn't near what it is today. There are more parks to support today, but there are more visitors to support these parks too.

Ticket price increases need to happen. I think we all understand that. I dont get upset at the increases. I get upset at the rate of the increases. To the average guest this was a whopper of an increase.

:rolleyes: Of course it had to be yesterday...we are planning a quick trip in August after hearing about NC Beast's friend and his family for their first WDW trip.

I would normally do that, but the increase in ticket prices between now and December 2012 will be greater than any interest you could earn on your park ticket. However, I don't pay off cruises early, as some people do.

Ah, true! My "savings" certainly are not earning much interest!
Not sure how many days I will need. I suppose I could buy a five day ticket and add the "cheaper" days 6-10 if/when I need them. How does that sound?

Ah, true! My "savings" certainly are not earning much interest!
Not sure how many days I will need. I suppose I could buy a five day ticket and add the "cheaper" days 6-10 if/when I need them. How does that sound?

The 5-day (plus 1 day free) and the 6-day (expiring) park hoppers are the same price at Undercover Tourist @ $300.95: http://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/attractions/tickets.html If you want to add more days - yes, you can do that when you are there @ $8/day + tax.

**Wait...by Dec. 2012 - additional days may be $10/day! :lmao:

I've said this before, but ticket prices are going up too fast compared to the economy. At the current rate of increases gaining admission to Disney parks will be comparable to going to a pro sporting event. Now-a-days mostly corporations are supporting and buying tickets to pro sporting events. I'm not sure corporations would support admission to Disne's parks although some sponsor attractions and shows.

If you look back to the 80s and early 90s the rise in ticket wasn't near what it is today. There are more parks to support today, but there are more visitors to support these parks too.

Ticket price increases need to happen. I think we all understand that. I dont get upset at the increases. I get upset at the rate of the increases. To the average guest this was a whopper of an increase.

ITA! I can understand an increase, maybe 3 or 4%...but 11% on the 10 day ticket? 8.5% on the 7 day and with everything else is going up too. The DDP for 2012 is out, that went up as well. Maybe Disney should take a look at concert tickets too, I can't believe how much cheaper I see them selling for lately. Not all concerts, but you can tell the ridiculous price of concert tickets, like sporting event tickets, hit a tipping point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!