Is it a secret or a lie? August 2019 Bday trip - 7/29 Update

I can't imagine how exhausted you were! I'm sorry your friend had such a struggle :( But you both did it and that's an amazing accomplishment! Such cute pics of you all celebrating!

We were sooo tired, we all struggled getting out of bed after our nap but it was totally worth it. Can't wait to do it again.

As you can tell I was soooo happy to be done, to finish my first marathon in my favorite place. I can't even express what that felt, I was a little emotional but I didn't have much time to soak it all in. As you can tell CB2 was not excited, she was really struggling. Right before mile 26 she told me to go ahead and leave her behind, but I couldn't we had stuck together for 26 miles, I wasn't about to leave her behind. We crossed the finish start and finish line together! But I needed to get off my feet, my knees were really hurting and I needed to cool down. We headed to the recovery area to get some ice, but one of the helpers noticed that CB2 wasn't looking so well. She offered to get her a wheel chair, CB2 tried to refuse but I insisted she sit and by the time the helper brought the chair CB2 realized she NEEDED to sit. Let's just say we recovered in the AC. After CB2 was feeling more like herself, she was released and headed out to get my knees wrap in ice, it was the best feeling ever
What an accomplishment! Well done!!

Tomorrow is 100 days :cheer2::banana::cheer2: we are all so excited! Seriously, we keep talking about it. I'm so glad we didn't keep this a secret like two of our previous trips.
So exciting!!!!! I am at 51 days and can't wait!

Congratulations on the marathon!!! What an amazing accomplishment. I cannot believe you ladies even had a semblance of energy to go to Epcot that night.

Your August plans are shaping up nicely. I haven't figured ours out yet but will definitely keep an eye out for ya. One thing the Halloween Party is be prepared for it to be busy. We did the first party of the year before and with all the bloggers and youtuber's out there everyone wants to be first. The lines for the rides were great, but characters and anything special to the party are pretty insane. We'll be there in spirit with you. The only reservation we currently have for the trip is to watch the Halloween fireworks from California Grill.

Congratulations on the marathon!!! What an amazing accomplishment. I cannot believe you ladies even had a semblance of energy to go to Epcot that night.

Your August plans are shaping up nicely. I haven't figured ours out yet but will definitely keep an eye out for ya. One thing the Halloween Party is be prepared for it to be busy. We did the first party of the year before and with all the bloggers and youtuber's out there everyone wants to be first. The lines for the rides were great, but characters and anything special to the party are pretty insane. We'll be there in spirit with you. The only reservation we currently have for the trip is to watch the Halloween fireworks from California Grill.

Thank you! I never wanted to run a marathon, but now I can't wait to do it again.

I have sooo many reservations, I thought we would make less ADRs this time, but it doesn't appear that way. Although the one reservation I really want I keep missing, I've received to 2 Touring Plan alerts for California Grill Brunch and even though I clicked over right away they were gone.

Following along! We are going in August as well. But a few weeks after you will be there!

Congrats on finishing the marathon. That is amazing!

I get the alerts too for dinning and by the time I log in, they are almost always gone. Grrrrr

Joining in. Congrats on your marathon! I'm keeping myself at a half for now, until the girls are older, but maybe one day...

I would keep the 10am CP instead of trying for a PPO. Because they open Main St to everyone at the same time, you'll be behind all of the normal day guests when you come out of your meal, even if you rush through and get out by 8:45-8:55. Better to do your RD, enjoy a few rides with short lines, and then break to eat.

Joining in. Congrats on your marathon! I'm keeping myself at a half for now, until the girls are older, but maybe one day...

I would keep the 10am CP instead of trying for a PPO. Because they open Main St to everyone at the same time, you'll be behind all of the normal day guests when you come out of your meal, even if you rush through and get out by 8:45-8:55. Better to do your RD, enjoy a few rides with short lines, and then break to eat.
:welcome:

Thanks for joining!
Marathon training is not fun. Waking up at 4:45am 4 days a week was a huge commitment, it did get easier.

Thanks for the suggestion... that's a great point. Breakfast ends at 10:45, maybe I can get a later ADR, like 10:40.

Following along! We are going in August as well. But a few weeks after you will be there!

Congrats on finishing the marathon. That is amazing!

I get the alerts too for dinning and by the time I log in, they are almost always gone. Grrrrr

Thanks for following! I've been enjoying your TRs. SO jealous of your Disney year.

I even have my phone set to bypass the silent mode for the alerts so I don't miss them, but it doesn't matter how fast I am I'm always too late.

With FP day quickly approaching we've made our final park day decision. And for the first time we made FP decisions as a family. I've always made the decisions on my own, because the last 2 trips were surprises.

Sunday - MK - Splash, Space & SDMT
Monday - EMM - ToT, SDD & RNR - I know SDD will be difficult to get at 63 days but I think I can modify my FP during the day of FP drops. I've been testing it and I'm pretty good about getting same day SDD.
Tuesday - AK - FOP, KRR & Everest
Wednesday - Rest day
Thursday - Epcot - TT, MS & SE
Friday - MNSHHP - M&M in party outfits, Splash & SDMT
Saturday - AK - FOP, KRR & Everest

We still don't have ADRs finalized. The fam has been making random request, like they just requested we eat at Sci-Fi - they have no idea how difficult it is to get that reservation. I was hoping we could eat at 50's Prime Time, since the food there is better.

I also want to go to Disney Springs at some point but I have no idea if we'll be able to fit it into our schedule, how is 7 full days not enough? I know the girls won't want to go on rest day, they'll want to spend all day at SAB.

At some point I need to remember to call DME, I still haven't set up DME. Or is that still something I can do online?

We are so excited but I keep reminding myself and the girls that we can't keep counting down because when we return from our trip summer break will be over, and that's just sad.

And for the first time we made FP decisions as a family. I've always made the decisions on my own, because the last 2 trips were surprises.
That is def nice to be able to do together! Although, I keep asking my girls and they kind of shrug there shoulders and say mmmeh I memem don't know memmmm. (that's teen mumbling)

Monday - EMM - ToT, SDD & RNR - I know SDD will be difficult to get at 63 days but I think I can modify my FP during the day of FP drops. I've been testing it and I'm pretty good about getting same day SDD.
I think you can do it. We got it ours mid day and I think that was our 3rd day as well.

The fam has been making random request, like they just requested we eat at Sci-Fi - they have no idea how difficult it is to get that reservation.
I know! It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to get!

how is 7 full days not enough?
Right?!?! It's crazy but so true! What about DS on the last day, it will be your second visit to Animal Kingdom. Or do you leave that day. Sorry if you mentioned it already.

At some point I need to remember to call DME, I still haven't set up DME. Or is that still something I can do online?
I would call. Our Feb trip, I tried adding via the website 3 times and it kept forgetting it. I ended up having to call.

We are so excited but I keep reminding myself and the girls that we can't keep counting down because when we return from our trip summer break will be over, and that's just sad.
I know! We are in the same boat more or less and I feel like summer hasn't even started.

Hi!

We will be there in August, I think your last day is our first day! I am always looking at resorts and trying to get the best deal! We are doing a split stay this year, 4 nights at YC and 5 nights at GF. We are doing a MNSSHP on a Tuesday and we will still be at YC but it will be fine because we are at Disney!!
Congratulations on your first full marathon how awesome!!

Hi Jo,

A bit late but joining in!

I laughed at your resort hopping and change of locations :rotfl:I have booked CBR and was looking into AKL the other day haha. I was looking forward to reading your review of CBR but you’ve since changed to Beach Club!

I love the photo of you and DH at CR...you make such a cute couple :love:

Congrats on completing the marathon...what an achievement!

Looking forward to reading more :wizard:

Tanz x

I feel like even a month isn’t enough!

We are 6 full days and I agree it’s not enough!

You have some great plans!

ADRs I am making the plans and feel like I change them daily! I didn’t love sci-fi but I know other people love it!

That is def nice to be able to do together! Although, I keep asking my girls and they kind of shrug there shoulders and say mmmeh I memem don't know memmmm. (that's teen mumbling)
I'm not going to lie, I might have given them some suggestions. But at least I feel like that had some say in it.
I think you can do it. We got it ours mid day and I think that was our 3rd day as well.
That's good to hear. I've been keeping up on the Dis August FB group and so far everyone has good feedback about FP availability
Right?!?! It's crazy but so true! What about DS on the last day, it will be your second visit to Animal Kingdom. Or do you leave that day. Sorry if you mentioned it already.
We actually don't leave until 4PM on Sunday, we might be able to go on the last day, if I don't get that darn Cali Grill Brunch.
I would call. Our Feb trip, I tried adding via the website 3 times and it kept forgetting it. I ended up having to call.
I'll probably call too. I mean I do have Disney World as a contact on my phone.

Hi!

We will be there in August, I think your last day is our first day! I am always looking at resorts and trying to get the best deal! We are doing a split stay this year, 4 nights at YC and 5 nights at GF. We are doing a MNSSHP on a Tuesday and we will still be at YC but it will be fine because we are at Disney!!
Congratulations on your first full marathon how awesome!!
We leave Disney on the 18th, it's going to be a sad day but at least I'll know we'll already have reservations for our next trip. I have a work conference in Orlando next June, we are taking advantage of the free accommodations and gas money!

Thanks!! I can't wait to run the Dopey, hopefully in January.

Hi Jo,

A bit late but joining in!

I laughed at your resort hopping and change of locations :rotfl:I have booked CBR and was looking into AKL the other day haha. I was looking forward to reading your review of CBR but you’ve since changed to Beach Club!

Thanks, I was just thinking how it would have been cool to review the 3 different types of resorts at Disney. I've had so many friends ask for Disney tips that this would have been a great start, but Stormalong Bay has my kids' hearts and I just couldn't say no to their request.
I love the photo of you and DH at CR...you make such a cute couple :love:

Congrats on completing the marathon...what an achievement!

Thanks!

It's a wonderful accomplishments and it's also encouraged my DH to start doing Sprint Triathlons and our girls had signed up for a kids triathlon but we had some super crazy weather last month in Oklahoma and the kids tri got cancelled.

I feel like even a month isn’t enough!

We are 6 full days and I agree it’s not enough!

You have some great plans!

ADRs I am making the plans and feel like I change them daily! I didn’t love sci-fi but I know other people love it!

I thought park days would be enough, but it's not. I need more Disney.

I was not impressed with sci-fi either, but at least they have an input. I've planned the last 3 trips on my own that it's nice to have their opinion.

Congrats on the marathon! That's something on my bucket list, but wont happen for a long time yet.

I like Sci-Fi, but more for the atmosphere than any stellar food choices, 50's is better though.

Having fun reading along and love all the plans, and changes :)

Joining in! Congrats on your first marathon. We are planning on doing the Star Wars 10K in 2020, we would do the half but are daughter won't be old enough to run that with us. I've always said that if I run a marathon it would be at Disney.

I like Sci-Fi, but more for the atmosphere than any stellar food choices, 50's is better though.
I totally agree. I was able to get a late lunch ADR for Sci-FI, if we can't make it work I'll make the case for 50's.

Joining in! Congrats on your first marathon. We are planning on doing the Star Wars 10K in 2020, we would do the half but are daughter won't be old enough to run that with us. I've always said that if I run a marathon it would be at Disney.

You'll have so much fun at the race and I'm sure you'll be back with your daughter to eventual do a half!

Best place to run a marathon is through all 4 Disney parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter