• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it a bad sign for the vacation when you faint on the plane? COMPLETED!

After my Mexican Nachos…which by the way hit the spot so good that I craved them thru the rest of my pregnancy….we headed for Future World. I wanted to ride Spaceship Earth because it was the new updated version but we thought it would be too much for Liam. I suggested that DH ride Soarin’ with the FP we got earlier, and I would ride SSE by myself when he got back. It worked out well. DH wasn’t gone very long and the line for SSE was short.

1103047.jpg

1103048.jpg

1103049.jpg

1103052.jpg

Then we hit Mouse Gears for some last day shopping!

RC Safari jeep $16.00 for Liam

118012.jpg

Blue fleece hoodie $34.95 for Liam. Worth every penny, he is still wearing it and will have at least another 6mo-12mo to wear it.

118013.jpg

118014.jpg

I also brought this one in red for Liam in a bigger size…he hasn’t worn it yet $34.95

118015.jpg

118016.jpg

T-shirt for DH $29.95 (it’s nice to be able to find more “manly” Mickey shirts that DH actually wears)
118018.jpg

Cup for Liam $7.95 (He doesn’t use this yet because it isn’t spill proof!)
118033.jpg

After our shopping (approx 415pm) we heading out of the park to our car. Back at the room this was waiting for us.

1103055.jpg

I still had all the packing to do. I think it took me 3 hours to get everything organized and packed.

Dinner that night was at Old Port Royale (the food court at CBR). DH and I had the Double cheeseburgers with fries ($7.09 each) Liam had a hot dog ($4.29), fruit cup ($3.39) and a milk ($1.29). I should mention that there is a small fixing’s bar for your burgers…lettuce, tomato, etc... Food was good.

We didn’t do much the rest of the night. I went back to OPR a couple hours later and picked up 2 chocolate chip cookies for the ride home ($1.79 each). And a couple Mickey head straws for me to use at home at the bargain price of 49 cents each.

Next up…our last morning at Disney, the plane ride home and maybe some final thoughts.

Retail therapy...YAY!! Love all the cute souvenirs you were able to buy!!!!

I'm so sad that your trip is coming to an end!! I really enjoyed your report Heidi...however soon you'll have a brand new report to be writing...which you would think would inspire me to finish up my TR too LOL!!!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy SE...it is one of my favorite rides at EPCOT and I wouldn't miss it for anything!

There is something about Disney fleece for little kids that just hits me right there. :love: I got a Stitch one for DS that he wore when he was around Liam's age (at the time of this report) and oh god, was that ever so cute. And very well made too! I just loved it.

I love the picks for Liam, I'm glad to hear you're getting use out of them.

Sounds like a good wrap up to the trip. I can't wait to hear your final thoughts.

And I didn't quote you, but I agree. It's highly possible that we're not imbibing enough in the World Showcase. Something that perhaps could even be remedied in oh...say about two weeks? ;)

Love the fleeces! Do you know Connor is still wearing sweatshirts from our 2004 trip that have been handed down to him by his cousin? The quality of the clothing at WDW always seems to be quite good!

I am happy to hear that you liked the food at CBR -- we have a couple of meals planned there (a dinner on our arrival day and a breakfast on our departure day). :thumbsup2

All your goodies are adorable. I can't believe we are at the end of your trip already. Can't wait to hear your final thoughts.

PS. I've been meaning to PM you and Julie about some issues that Liam has been having with anxiety...hopefully I'll get to that soon!

feel free to email me too....I can fw it to Amy :hug:

love all the shopping...Disney has the BEST sweatshirts they really are great quality! Liam's going to be decked out pretty well for the next yr or so!

and don't you just love towel creations :thumbsup2

I love the remote controlled car! My girls would flip out over that. Why do I never think to buy such things when I'm there?!

Looks like you got some great stuff at Mouse Gears - I love that store!! Fleece's definitely come in handy with the NH weather! I wish I had one of those to wear today. Brrr...

Definitely PM me or email... (do you have my email??) or like Julie said she can forward it along to me. Anxiety has been at the forefront for all of us these past two weeks with school starting!! :headache:

Retail therapy...YAY!! Love all the cute souvenirs you were able to buy!!!!

I'm so sad that your trip is coming to an end!! I really enjoyed your report Heidi...however soon you'll have a brand new report to be writing...which you would think would inspire me to finish up my TR too LOL!!!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy SE...it is one of my favorite rides at EPCOT and I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Thanks Jen! I can't believe that it's been 11 months since this trip and I get to go again....I'm really lucky.

There is something about Disney fleece for little kids that just hits me right there. :love: I got a Stitch one for DS that he wore when he was around Liam's age (at the time of this report) and oh god, was that ever so cute. And very well made too! I just loved it.

I love the picks for Liam, I'm glad to hear you're getting use out of them.

Sounds like a good wrap up to the trip. I can't wait to hear your final thoughts.

And I didn't quote you, but I agree. It's highly possible that we're not imbibing enough in the World Showcase. Something that perhaps could even be remedied in oh...say about two weeks? ;)

Disney clothing is of good quality, that's why I don't mind paying the high prices. One note for everyone thou....the sizing on their onies for babies is all over the place. I have 3 different onies in size 6 months and the difference in the actual size of the garments is a lot.

Love the fleeces! Do you know Connor is still wearing sweatshirts from our 2004 trip that have been handed down to him by his cousin? The quality of the clothing at WDW always seems to be quite good!

I am happy to hear that you liked the food at CBR -- we have a couple of meals planned there (a dinner on our arrival day and a breakfast on our departure day). :thumbsup2

Yeah the food is fine there. It's mostly cooked to order so don't be in a rush when you go...sometimes they are on island time. You are going to LOVE the gift shop.

All your goodies are adorable. I can't believe we are at the end of your trip already. Can't wait to hear your final thoughts.
I can't believe that it's taken me soon long to write this...but somehow I forget how tired I was when I was pregnant with Danica and just couldn't write or get an update together.

feel free to email me too....I can fw it to Amy :hug:

love all the shopping...Disney has the BEST sweatshirts they really are great quality! Liam's going to be decked out pretty well for the next yr or so!

and don't you just love towel creations :thumbsup2

I'm afraid of how much stuff I'm going to buy the kids when I go at the end of the month. :scared1:

I love the remote controlled car! My girls would flip out over that. Why do I never think to buy such things when I'm there?!
Ummmm, cuz it's overhelming!!! I found that RC car on the last day in the parks. He actually got that as a Christmas gift.

Looks like you got some great stuff at Mouse Gears - I love that store!! Fleece's definitely come in handy with the NH weather! I wish I had one of those to wear today. Brrr...

Definitely PM me or email... (do you have my email??) or like Julie said she can forward it along to me. Anxiety has been at the forefront for all of us these past two weeks with school starting!! :headache:

I'm been in jeans a couple times this week or in my pink tink sweatshirt! Won't be long before it's snowing around here.

I definitely need to find the time to email you guys and bounce a couple things off you about Liam's anxiety and sensory stuff. Is this normal 2 year old stuff or is it/could it be something more???

:cool1: Just a little more and you can start that PTR!

Kathy

A little more up next for you Kathy!

Day Ten – Tuesday November 4, 2008 - We’re going home.

Our flight out of Orlando was leaving at 1130am and we needed to return the rental car by 1030am so it was an early morning for us. I got up and got ready so I could go get breakfast for myself and pick up something for Liam. Because of DH’s motion sickness he won’t eat until AFTER the flight has landed.

I was at the food court at the resort by 730am and got myself a croissant sandwich with bacon $5.99 and a side of breakfast potatoes $1.99. I also picked up a bowl of grapes for Liam $3.39. I warmed up my croissant in the microwave a bit more and sat outside to enjoy the view and fresh air one more time. I must not have been in a rush because I have a receipt for 8am at the gift shop for something coded “SANTA MMCH STKR SH” $3.95- I have no idea what I bought! And I got a newspaper, USA Today, for 75 cents.

I went back to the room and we did any last minute packing and whatnot before heading out for good.

We stopped for gas not far from the resort at a Hess station. That was the only time in 10 days that we got gas.

My next receipt is time stamped 9.36am from returning the car to National. That was quick and easy!

There was a porter at the car return area so we had him take our luggage and car seat on his luggage dolly. He set us up with the Southwest skycaps outside so we didn’t have to deal with our luggage at all. One bag was overweight but a nice tip took care of that :rolleyes1

Once we were thru security and at our gate, I went a got drinks for everyone and a lunch for me for the plane. Liam had his grapes and some other things to snack on. Soda, water and apple juice were all $1.99 each. I got a Roast Beef sandwich and chips at Au Bon Pain ($9.88 total). It wasn’t until I was on the plane eating my sandwich (which was good) that I realized that maybe I shouldn’t have gotten onions on it. Sorry to all but two of the other passengers on the plane.

Here’s an amusing story about a lame man on our flight. When we were boarding DH went ahead to put the car seat in by the window. When I got there with Liam I went into our row and started to get Liam buckled in. Liam was as quiet as a mouse. As I’m working on doing the harness on the car seat for Liam, a woman slides into the row directly ahead of us and takes the window seat. Her husband noticed Liam. It went something like this -- 2 feet from me:

Husband: (in a hushed tone to his wife) I don’t want to sit there.
Wife: (normal voice) Oh I like this seat.
Husband: (hushed tone but louder and thru his teeth) I don’t want to sit in this row.
Wife: But I’m already buckled in.
Husband: (hushed, annoyed tone) I want to sit in the back.
Wife: Why???
Husband: I tell you later.

I think I muttered something under my breath. You know I get it, not wanting to sit near a little kid if you can help it, but it was just so lame.

But not as lame as the next guy. I would guess this was during boarding for group C. This guy comes on and asks the flight attendant “Any seats available that are not next to kids or old people?” What the ??? Really. You are flying a “discount” airline out of Orlando. Ever hear the phase “you get what you pay for”?

Oh by the way….Liam fell asleep while we were taxiing to our runway. He slept for 2 hours, then had his juice and crackers and never made a peep the whole flight. I think I remember hearing a child in the back of the plane crying on and off during the whole flight. Karma. It’s a…... well you know what Karma is <hehehe>

We landed, got our bags and Liam and I sat with them outside while DH went to get our car. I remember being cold sitting on that bench.

A quick thru drive at McDonalds for DH and we were on our way home. About 45 minutes later we were casting our votes for the next President of the United States….it was Election Day, how's that for coming back to reality!

We came home to find our dogs waiting for us and a heat and serve dinner in the fridge from my mom! Nice.

Later that night I enjoyed one of those CBR cookies, or was it the School Bread that I brought home? It’s been a long time since then. But I do remember the yummy goodness of that School Bread! Delish!

And I have two last tips for you for when you come home. #1- come home to a clean house. You may have to bust your hump to tidy up before you leave but you will be so happy that you did when you come home and can just relax. #2 – Don’t take any of your regular shower/bathroom stuff with you on vacation. It’s so nice to be able to jump into the shower that night/next morning and not have to dig thru bags looking for stuff like your toothbrush.

Coming Up ----my final thoughts

And I have two last tips for you for when you come home. #1- come home to a clean house. You may have to bust your hump to tidy up before you leave but you will be so happy that you did when you come home and can just relax. #2 – Don’t take any of your regular shower/bathroom stuff with you on vacation. It’s so nice to be able to jump into the shower that night/next morning and not have to dig thru bags looking for stuff like your toothbrush.

Words to live by!

You had a great final day!
The blue and red fleece hoodies you got for Liam are so cute!

Love skycaps. So worth it.

Rude people just annoy me. Why are people surprised there are children on a flight to or from Orlando? Really? It's that shocking that people take their kids to WDW? I agree with you about karma.

And I love your two tips. I love coming home to a clean home, fresh sheets, and all of my toiletries waiting for me in the shower.

You're so close to your next trip. Are you going to do a tr?

Great tips on the clean house and toiletries. Think I'll pass the heat and serve meal tip along to my mom! :laughing:

Sorry you ran into some jerks on the plane. As you said, it's Orlando. Seriously? What are they expecting? And yes, Karma is a you know what!

Love the souvies you got especially the fleeces. I hope to get myself one this trip. Although hope temp wise I won't need it while on the trip!

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'll see ya real soon!!! :woohoo:

My husband is always shaking his head and I insist on putting fresh sheets on the bed the morning we leave for vacation. It could be because sometimes it 4am (Disney trips)...but a couple of trips to the caribbean we had 5am flights so we had to get up by 1:30am. :headache: Guess i could have just changed them the night before. But if I did that I would probably insist we sleep "ontop" of the covers:rolleyes1

Glad you had an un eventful flight home except for the onions....;)

After our flight homw this trip...I may consider staying an extra night to get 1 more full day and leave in the morning of next to avoid the leaving disney meltdown or Kathy's endoftripitis :thumbsup2

I can barely ever leave the house a mess....:eek: I too so agree w/ tip one! I'll hardly forget this one evening after dinner when I was going into pre-term labor w/ Mae (she actually didn't come then) and we were rushing off to the hosipital and I was wait Matt I have to clear the dining table....:laughing:

Good call on the tolietries...I usually use all travel size stuff, except for a few things...I really should pack that stuff it a sep bag to just pull out when you get home...

awaiting the final thoughts

J-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter