Is it a bad sign for the vacation when you faint on the plane? COMPLETED!

MRYPPNS

Practically Prefect in Every Way
Welcome to my Trip Report for our Walt Disney World vacation!

Let me quickly run thru the details….if you missed my Pre-Trip Report: PTR for the Planning Obsessed
Click here if you want to read it (use the links on the first page)

When: October 26 to November 4 2008 (10 days/9 nights)
Where: Caribbean Beach Resort (king bed room)
How we traveled: Flying to/from Orlando, renting a car in Orlando
Who: Meet the Cast……

June272006031.jpg

Out of all the pictures that I took on this vacation there is not one good one of just me and DH. This picture is from our Hawaiian Honeymoon in 2006.

Me: MRYPPNS/Heidi (36) SAHM & book keeper, lover of most things Disney.

DH: John (32) Engineer, lover of a few things Disney

1029077.jpg

DS: Liam (17 months) Toddler, lover of Playhouse Disney

And my surprise announcement is that we had another family member that decided to join us on this vacation without much notice. Now if you see any of my postings on other threads about traveling with family, I always say that I will only travel with people that I can boss around. Well this is the one and only family member that can boss me around…..I don’t have much choice about it, at least for a now.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

ultrasound10weeks.jpg

DBaby: No name yet (currently 14 weeks along), seems to be a lover of Disney food!

Yes I'm pregnant with our second child, they will be 2 years apart....an infant and a 2 yr old toddler....for the love of Mickey what were we thinking??

I get really bad morning, noon and night sickness, along with motion sickness and pregnancy generally makes me really tired so I didn’t know how this would play out with a 10 day vacation to Disney. I’m a huge planner….obsessed you might say. Then I had to cut some touring plans….gone was Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest and the Grey Goose Slushie in France. This would be the second trip in a row that I was pregnant and couldn’t ride Everest! I have never ridden it because it was still under construction when we went in 2005. The bright side is that I will probably be able to ride it before Michelle Duggar! I can’t even write about all the cocktails that I missed out on…..and this is one vacation where I could have used a few!

1026004.jpg
1026005.jpg

The days leading up to our vacation were kind of stressful for me. We were flying out on Sunday morning. So I thought I would have all of Friday to pack and such, then Saturday I could stop by my little part-time job to do payroll and then have my pedi.

Well on Friday I ended up having an ultrasound that was re-scheduled from 2 weeks prior. It was a routine ultrasound because of my advanced age (35!). It cut my day right in half. Not only did I have the ultrasound, I had to have blood drawn. I have tiny veins. Thankfully I got a good vampire tech and we chatted about Orlando while she drained enough blood for 6 test tubes!!! (This is the carp that none of your girlfriends tell you about having a baby).

On Saturday the plan was to drive the half hour to my little job, work for about 2 hours and then make it to my pedi appointment by 10:45am. As I was getting ready to go DH was watching the local news and they were reporting that parts of the road where my job is located was closed due to an accident. Talk about stress. I only had so much time to get everything done and this wasn’t a road that is easily detoured around. In the end I had to drive 15 minutes past where I needed to be and prayed that the road was open on the other side. It was! Things were looking up. I got what I need to done and reversed the long drive to my pedi appointment. I had a Lemon-aide pedi…..so nice! Ladies treat yourself to a special pedi at a nice spa soon. It was so relaxing I was ready to leave on vacation right then and there! In hind sight it might have been better if we did leave Saturday afternoon.

Here’s Liam relaxing before our big travel day.

1026003.jpg

Up Next: Day One Travels

Links to the TR posts.

Day One...off to the Airport we go.
Going thru Security...Oh What Fun!
Ready, Set, Take-off, Faint!
Checkn'-In
Our First Afternoon
Getting into our Room: Post #160
More room pictures: Post #161
Day Two Morning: Post #203
Day Two: Fort Wilderness Campground Post #235
Day Two: Playin' at the Pool Post #240
Day Two: Dinner and Shopping Post #254
Day Three: Early Morning Post #293
Day Three: Fantasyland Post #312
Day Three: Nap Time Post #330
Day Three: Walk and a Snack Post #354
Day Three: First Hair Cut Post #377
Day Three: ToonTown Post #401
Day Three: Tomorrowland and the end of our day Post #413
Day Three Wrap Up Post #442
Day Four: Start to our day Post #453
Day Four: Back to the old stand-by Post #467
Day Four: Lunch and a Ride! Post #486
Day Four: Dinner Post #510
Day Five: Breakfast Post #524
Day Five: Detour Post #561
Day Five: Shopping Part 1 Post #589
Day Five: Shopping Part 2 Post #613
Day Five: An afternoon swim Post #640
Day Five: Dinner at 'Ohana's: lemons and lemonade Post #670
Day Five: Highs and Lows
Mid Vacation Re-cap Post # 826
Day Six: Resort Morning Post # 833
Day Six: Trick or Treating at DTD
Day Seven: Animal Kingdom...off to a Good Start
Day Seven: Pangani Forest Trail Post #885
Day Seven: Taking the Wildlife Express Post #979
Day Seven: Post #995
Day Seven: Post #999
Day Seven: Tree of Life Post #1012
Day Seven: Tree of Life Continued Post #1013
Luxo Jr. Update 7/2009
Day Seven: Dino-Land Post #1030
Day Seven: The end of our tour of AK Post #1062
Day Seven: Magic Kingdom in the Evening Post #1098
Day Eight: Breakfast Post # 1116
Day Eight: Epcot Food and Wine
Day Nine: FW Post #1154
<link missing for 8/31 update>
Day Nine: SW at Epcot Post # 1189
Day Nine: the end of the day at Epcot
Day Ten: Going Home Post #1213
Final thoughts! Post #1232

Congratulations! :yay: I'm going back to read what you wrote now...I just got so excited I had to say something right away! :thumbsup2

I KNEW IT! I'm so glad the baby juju worked! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Congratulations!

(And Liam looks absolutely PRECIOUS... I can't wait to watch your pregnancy progress!)

Congratulations!!!!!

:jumping1: :jumping1:

That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you. 2 years is a nice amount of time between the kids. Close enough that they can entertain each other.

And the pictures of Liam are positively adorable! :banana:

I knew it! And you tried to throw us off, HA! ;) Congrats! I am so happy for you.

Liam is so freaking adorable! :lovestruc

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:banana: popcorn:: Subscribing!popcorn:: Waiting! popcorn:: I am so impatient! popcorn:: corn anyone? :banana: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:banana:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:banana: popcorn:: Subscribing!popcorn:: Waiting! popcorn:: I am so impatient! popcorn:: corn anyone? :banana: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:banana:

congrats i sooo wanna read this one
we are going in 4 days with a 2 year old and i am soooo excited. so is she and i don't even think she knows why

Congratulations! :yay: I'm going back to read what you wrote now...I just got so excited I had to say something right away! :thumbsup2
You're too funny!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thank you. If we would have met up I would have told you in person and made you tease everyone that you knew a secret.

OMG Congratulations!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

May you have a great, happy and healthy pregnancy!!!!

Thank you. So far everything is fine.

I KNEW IT! I'm so glad the baby juju worked! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Congratulations!

(And Liam looks absolutely PRECIOUS... I can't wait to watch your pregnancy progress!)

The juju was subpose to be delayed until October! Oh well...another May baby for us.

Congratulations!!!!!

:jumping1: :jumping1:

That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you. 2 years is a nice amount of time between the kids. Close enough that they can entertain each other.

And the pictures of Liam are positively adorable! :banana:
If not Auntie Crissy can come over and entertain them while I take a nap!

I'm subscirbing! :surfweb:

I love your countdown posters.
Welcome! That was a 100 day countdown calendar.

Congratulations! Enjoying so far. More please.
Welcome! It was a 10 day vacation so there is plenty more to come :)

I knew it! And you tried to throw us off, HA! ;) Congrats! I am so happy for you.

Liam is so freaking adorable! :lovestruc
I tried but it didn't work! Liam had some non-adorable moments on this trip :scared:

Welcome. I hope to be able to do updated at a regular pace.

congrats i sooo wanna read this one
we are going in 4 days with a 2 year old and i am soooo excited. so is she and i don't even think she knows why

Welcome. Have fun and good luck! We can exchange stories when you get back.

Congratulations!!! I saw your announcement over on Facebook!!! That is so awesome, and I know you are just thrilled! Don't worry, Chelsea and Connor are exactly two years, two months, and two days apart -- it was all good! :goodvibes

How exciting - baby #2 gets to tag along on your trip! Congratulations to both of you!!

I hope you get to enjoy the trip without too much morning-afternoon-evening sickness :sick: Am looking forward to 10 days of fun!!

OH, HEIDI!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I am so beyond excited for the three...well, I should say, four of you. This is wonderful news! :goodvibes

Congratulations!!! Now I have to read your PTR.
Thanks and Welcome!

Congratulations!!! I saw your announcement over on Facebook!!! That is so awesome, and I know you are just thrilled! Don't worry, Chelsea and Connor are exactly two years, two months, and two days apart -- it was all good! :goodvibes

I think it's easier when it's a boy and a girl when they are close in age......we're hoping for a girl this time!

How exciting - baby #2 gets to tag along on your trip! Congratulations to both of you!!

I hope you get to enjoy the trip without too much morning-afternoon-evening sickness :sick: Am looking forward to 10 days of fun!!

Welcome! Baby #1 got his first trip too when I was pregnant with him but that was a planned Babymoon trip.

Congratulations. Can't wait to read more!
Welcome and Thanks!

OH, HEIDI!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I am so beyond excited for the three...well, I should say, four of you. This is wonderful news! :goodvibes
Thanks TK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!