Is is hot and sweaty at night in July?

Amyg

DIS Veteran
We will be there at the beginning of July and I've read how hot and humid it is at that time of year, is that also true for the evenings? Or does it usually cool off somewhat?

Amyg,
I live outside of Tampa, and yes, it is hot and steamy, even at night, especially if we get an afternoon shower.

Yes still be hot and humid. Just drinkplenty water and powerade.

"Is is hot and sweaty at night in July? "

Does the Pope wear a funny hat? :teeth:

I live about 3 miles from the downtown Disney side (Crossroads shopping plaza) of the park here in Orlando.

It will cooldown from 97 or 98 degrees to about 95 or 96 in the evening.

Humidity will be about the same..... near 100%

Good luck! :sunny:

Amyg said:
We will be there at the beginning of July and I've read how hot and humid it is at that time of year, is that also true for the evenings? Or does it usually cool off somewhat?

Q: Is it hot and humid in Florida in early July?

Pardon a native while I :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Actually the OP is from Hawaii, where it never gets over 90. Being surrounded by all that deep cold water really keeps the temp down. Florida has this shallow tub of warm bath water called the Gulf that keeps it hot and humid. It does cool down when the wind blows---during hurricanes. :rotfl2:

YUCK! :scared:

i was in Disney in July (ONE TIME!) and thats it- never again!

everything feels wet- your skin, your clothes and forget about having a good hair day! bring plenty of rubberbands for your "do" !

FlaNative said:
Q: Is it hot and humid in Florida in early July?

Pardon a native while I :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Actually the OP is from Hawaii, where it never gets over 90. Being surrounded by all that deep cold water really keeps the temp down. Florida has this shallow tub of warm bath water called the Gulf that keeps it hot and humid. It does cool down when the wind blows---during hurricanes. :rotfl2:

All right, all right! Get off the floor and stop it! :p

I was afraid of that! ICK!! Although we normally don't go above 90 here, there are some days that it does and it's absolutely horrid. Walking on damp carpets, sticky tile, wearing damp clothes and trying to sleep in a damp bed! :crazy2: That's the single thing that may get to me is the hot, damp weather!

You'll be all right :goodvibes We're going in July also. We live in Louisiana and the humidity here is close to 100% already - and we've already hit the low 90s. I'm taking plenty of water :cool1:

Guess it depends on who you are with :)

I went one time in July. It was my dh’s (dbf at the time) first trip – I didn’t think I’d ever get him there again. I thought the heat/humidity was terrible and vowed to never go in the summer again – and we haven’t – we’ve been in November (3x) and December. I have a picture of my cousin’s little boy waiting at the TTC for the monorail to the MK – the time is stamped on it at 7:30 am and you can see the sweat dripping off of him – it was already in the 90’s.

Aloha Amy! I moved to Florida from Hawaii! Darned DH's fault, he thought it would be fun to work at Disney after he retired from his real job! Any way, the weather here in July is very much like there when the tradewinds stop. Very hot. The difference is the humidity, as soon as you go outside you'll be wet (sweaty). It's uncomfortable but not unbearable. I suggest carrying an extra t-shirt it'll feel good to change to something dry. If you are like us you'll freeze when you go in the AC! We were so used to no AC in Hawaii that it makes us cold! We who live here just move slower in the summer. Take it easy and have a magical trip! :wizard:

I agree with the others, it is definitely hot and humid in July. We carry water with us everywhere, and we go at a slower pace. There are lots of air-conditioned attractions, so when you can't stand it anymore, go to one of those for a while. We also often take a nap mid-afternoon, or go for a swim. Relax, have fun.

It is in our room, if ya get my drift. :thumbsup2

Makua said:
Aloha Amy! I moved to Florida from Hawaii! Darned DH's fault, he thought it would be fun to work at Disney after he retired from his real job! Any way, the weather here in July is very much like there when the tradewinds stop. Very hot. The difference is the humidity, as soon as you go outside you'll be wet (sweaty). It's uncomfortable but not unbearable. I suggest carrying an extra t-shirt it'll feel good to change to something dry. If you are like us you'll freeze when you go in the AC! We were so used to no AC in Hawaii that it makes us cold! We who live here just move slower in the summer. Take it easy and have a magical trip! :wizard:

Aloha Makua! :wave2:
Yeah, I know what you mean about it being cold in AC! Like in the summer how most of us take a jacket or sweater with us into the movie theater! :p

I have a feeling my son will be a huge sweat monster! He's already pretty sweaty as it is here! Oh well, we WILL be in Disney World so that'll make things magical in spite of us being sweaty beasts!

Woohoo! 31 more days!! :woohoo:

Its not so bad at night. Yes its still hot and humid, but without the sun, and with all the inddor attractions, its not bad at all.

I prefer July at WDW. Everything is open. The parks are open late. Its extremely rare to have a hurricane make landfall in Florida in July.

Well, I live in Atlanta so I'm used to the heat & humidity. At night it's still pretty warm, although a lot cooler because there's no sun. Going in July is definitely doable- I'm doing it! Just drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, bring sunblock, sunglasses or a hat, etc. I saw a portable water mister at Walgreens for $8 that I think would be worth buying. Try to be inside for the hottest part of the day (3pm-ish). Yea its hot, but suck it up, its not that bad! Besides, if you're there with people you enjoy, you'll still have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter