Is Haunted Mansion in MK actually haunted??

scauzilloc1121

Mouseketeer
Friday night we were at the DVC after-hours event at MK and we rode the Haunted mansion. I have ridden this attraction so many times and never encountered anything, but on that night the Doom buggies stopped and as we waited for them to start back up my wife and I heard a child laugh and then out of nowhere someone banged on the back on our buggy three times very hard. I asked friends of ours who were on either side of us if they heard or saw anything and they looked as if we were crazy. Now I spoke with a CM after the ride and they said no one was out of the buggy and no one was running around, especially a child. They even said the ride was stopped to allow a disabled guest on the ride. I guess you really might have to beware of hitchhiking ghosts.

I've experienced the thumping on the back of my doom buggy a couple of times. I'm not really sure what the cause of it was, but I don't think it had anything to do with actual ghosts. :littleangel:

Friday night we were at the DVC after-hours event at MK and we rode the Haunted mansion. I have ridden this attraction so many times and never encountered anything, but on that night the Doom buggies stopped and as we waited for them to start back up my wife and I heard a child laugh and then out of nowhere someone banged on the back on our buggy three times very hard. I asked friends of ours who were on either side of us if they heard or saw anything and they looked as if we were crazy. Now I spoke with a CM after the ride and they said no one was out of the buggy and no one was running around, especially a child. They even said the ride was stopped to allow a disabled guest on the ride. I guess you really might have to beware of hitchhiking ghosts.

I'd be pretty nervous if this had happened while we were on the ride. We went on HM last week and it stopped for about 5-10 minutes 3 times, once while we were waiting to load and twice on the ride. The next day I listened to some ghost stories from former cast members, though about DL not WDW. I'm glad I hadn't heard them before going on HM because they would have spooked me at the time we were stopped (though I do find ghost stories quite fascinating they also make me jumpy, haha).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter