Is everyone packed and ready 3/27 Magic?

nswift

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the
Okay, fellow cruisers, those of you that will be on the Magic with us on the 27th, are you completely ready??

I have been placing all the 'cruisewear' together with the luggage, and have intended to pack it for a couple weeks. BUT, I will actually do it tomorrow. Just wondering if I am the last one to get it together! We actually leave on the 24th, riding down on the train.

See you all there...
Now what am I forgetting?????

Nswift
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Completely ready, no, but we're in good shape. Only a couple of quick things left on the 'to do' list for the week and then we're finished! Can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc

Packing as we speak. Kid stuff tonight ours tomorrow. Everything else (late additions) until Thursday when we leave.

About 70% packed. Trying to fit in a few last minute odds and ends. See you all soon onboard the Magic!

I already posted this on the Cruise Meets board, but I thought I should post it in this thread too.

Here's a DIS Meet on the March 27 Disney Magic cruise. What's a DIS Meet? It's just a chance for people who post here on the DIS Boards to meet each other.

Date: Monday afternoon, March 29, the first full day at sea.
Time: 4:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Location: Promenade Lounge on Deck 3, halfway between Lumiere's and Parrot Cay.

It was impossible to pick a time when there is no conflict with any other scheduled activity. But 4:00 p.m. is a quiet time between the daytime activities and the Captain's Welcome Reception at 5:30 p.m. (for those of us with late dinner seating. To get an idea what else might be going on that afternoon, see http://www.disneycruiser.info/westday3.htm

I'm now aware of 17 posters who have said they'll be on the March 27 cruise:

benebire
bhawks9
BoardwalkBabe
heart
jomik1
KAMLEM
Kimer
lampy
Mdtigger99
mrsfuzzmo
nswift
pooh fan in wv
sstucush
rgsmith
rsjj
Richfield Autopia
sdptalk

There may be others.

If anyone wants to plan another DIS Meet at another time, in addition to this one, that would be fine too.

It's Sunday morning and I haven't even started! I do have a stash of stuff in the spare bedroom, but today's the day for washing the summer clothes and then start to pack! My husband is off working today, so I have the house to myself for the day! (Really makes it easier!). Mentally I am ready, Physically, well, I gave up on the diet weeks ago, so I guess I am as ready as I'll ever be, and packing wise......I'd better get off the boards and get to work!

Mrsfuzzmo

not quite yet. packed all the kids stuff & ours. just not the "last minute" stuff. am really trying not to overpack...but can't seem to help it. everytime i think of something i might need, i'll try to sneak it in to see if it'd fit in our luggage! should see our office. it's a big mess! our DSs are off limits there, for the time being!

and yes, we are all very excited about this! we just can't wait!!!! happy packing! oh, and don't forget all your important documents!

have a safe flight, train ride, car ride, etc. will see you all on the Magic! :wave2:

Spent all day yesterday packing for DH and myself. It was such a chore and I'm sure I've packed too much but the end result will be well worth it. I can't imagine packing for the kids too. We have it easy this time - our first is in my tummy as we speak. We leave Thursday afternoon the 25th, driving down (ugh!!). Hoping for great weather and calm seas!!!

I packed all the suitcases yesterday (Sunday)...whew, surely I don't need all THAT?! There are three of us going, myself and 2 teens, and we have one pullman each and one carry-on. Is this too much? Still need to get all the paperwork stuff packed-tickets, ID, cred card, etc together. We leave Wednesday AM and I am tired already. But the nice thing about not driving, which is what we usually do, I will be able to actually read a book and relax. So a special thanks to all of you that made book recommendations on the other thread.

( I know I should be taking some of that stuff out of the suitcase...)

NSwift

If my suitcases will close it will be a miracle! See you all on Saturday.

I will also be on the 27th Magic. Our first cruise, our first experience with Disney period. I am one of those "grown ups" who has never been to the mouse house. We are so excited, I can't sleep and I have been packed and ready for a week! (We are a family of 5 and that is no small feat.) Just a few last minute items that I think of will be added, if needed. We leave Friday and stay at the Radisson. Yes, I've read all the posts about the shuttle and we called, and are confirmed for the 11:00 shuttle to the port. Thanks for the heads up about that! We are traveling with 4 other families and will all be in Cat. 4's. (Kimer is in our group, she's a nut!) This board has been so helpful, I appreciate all of the "expert cruisers" and their advice. See you all there......

I still haven't packed. Some of my cruise clothes are in a pile. My Husband hasn't even thought of packing yet. He says he'll doing it Wednesday Night. I guess at this point that's when I am doing it too! I'm busy tonight and tomorrow. At least I got the laundry done yesterday and I have clean clothes to pack. I have everything I need, I just need to put it all together!

I am soooooooo ready (other than the packing!)

Nswift, how long of a train ride do you have? I see your from St. Louis. How long will that take? Have a safe and fun trip down, See you there!

Mrsfuzzmo:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have not even started! Although I bought almost all new clothes for my girls so those are in a pile in my bedroom along with some new things that I just had to buy for myself. DH got the suitcases down and packed himself yesterday. I think I will leave work now so I can start. All of a sudden I have a panicked feeling in my stomach!

The piles have slowly been building for the suitcases but packing won't happen until Friday. It will be a busy day flying down EARLY Saturday.

::MickeyMo

MrsFuzzmo-we get on the train at 845 in the morning on the 24th and arrive Orlando on the 26th at 1130. I know it sounds like a long trip, but we consider it part of the vacation. We love the train, and I love having my teens undivided attention. Of course, I fit in time to read.

Pooh Fan in WV-congrats on the new lil minnie or mickey :-)

Must go get those documents together..

NSwift
:boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat:

Oh my gosh, I haven't even started to pack. I did get the clothes to the cleaners and DS's have all their new clothes bought. We are out tonight and have hair cuts tomorrow night. Should be able to start packing on Wednesday:eek:

Had to plan for DS's bday party this past Saturday (he turns 9 on the boat). :jester:

See everyone on the boat on Saturday
:Pinkbounc

What an awesome place to be on your 9th birthday~!
Do you have early or late dinner? We are late dinner-if you have that seating we will watch for his birthday song :-)
NSwift

Hope all of you have a Magical time. We will be going next week. I am so jealous of all of you! JUST MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE SOME SHRIMP AND DESSERTS FOR US! Have a Blast!

How's everyone doing with their packing now? It's Wednesday and I'm STILL not packed! I'm really beginning to get nervous because I don't want to be up all night Thursday packing. Of course if I do that then I won't have to get up early to print off my Southwest boarding passes - I can print them out at 12:01 a.m. before I go to bed!

I'm working on packing the non-clothing items and will save most clothing until Friday (we live 3 hours from port and will be driving there on Saturday morning). But I have done tons of shopping and washing and preparing clothes for the trip.

What time is everyone planning to arrive at port? We hope to be there around 10 am.

See you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter