Is Epcot your "Half Day" Park Now?

JARNJ3

DIS Veteran
Ours used to be Animal Kingdom. Kind of still is - but I'd argue its more of a 3/4 day park for us.

I'm thinking it has to be Epcot for a while....... It only has 3 "rides" we go on - Test Track, Soarin' & Spaceship Earth. The rest we use Epcot for is dining.

It can't get renovated fast enough for us!

HS still my half day park as well as I have no interest in Star Wars at all And other than SDD not much there for us still

AK for me is half day. Safari, Yeti, and Pandora doesn’t need a full day that’s for sure.

We skip Epcot every time we visit. Honestly, even as a kid my parents would tell me it was boring so we hardly ever went back in the 80s either.

I think it’s great for the food however.

There is at least some level of turnover at Epcot with the festivals, provided you're into food. If you're not into Star Wars, little has changed at Hollywood Studios beyond the 2 new Toy Story rides in years.

To me Epcot also has the most "look around and meet people" factor, which I realize isn't everyone's thing.

The construction looks terrible but it hasn't actually closed much in terms of attractions.

Ours used to be Animal Kingdom. Kind of still is - but I'd argue its more of a 3/4 day park for us.

I'm thinking it has to be Epcot for a while....... It only has 3 "rides" we go on - Test Track, Soarin' & Spaceship Earth. The rest we use Epcot for is dining.

It can't get renovated fast enough for us!
Nope, still AK. For whatever reason I can really sit, have some down time and enjoy Epcot. To be fair we usually schedule 2 TS meals on our Epcot days as well.

AK was never a half day park for us. We enjoy walking around the trails, watching the bands (that used to be there), Nemo and LoTLK. We easily spent all day there.
EPCOT - we will spend a lot of time there next week, but that will be due to F&W. Not sure how much of an effect the construction will have.
HS - ALways was a 1/2 to 3/4 day park. If there was a park where left early, this would be it.

Epcot was my least favorite of the big 4 parks . The rides were avg . If you put any of the rides into the other parks they wouldnt be in the top 3 . So much walking between things . The world section is nice but its more like a nice city Downtown shopping and restaurants area then a theme park

Epcot is probably the park I spend the most time in, while I never dedicate a full day there I do go several times during each trip. The park I'm least likely to revisit is HS, I am usually there for just a few hours and then leave (usually go to Epcot), and on most trips I don't go back. AK is still kind of a half day park for me as well depending on what FP I have, but I will still revisit it another time (but usually not more than one more time, unlike Epcot that I could go back to almost every day of a trip). MK is probably the only park I could ever dedicate a full day to, but that's for the amount of rides and wait times. Of course I am really excited for all the new stuff/changes to be finished, but I still love it and will spend the same amount of time I always have in the park.

Now that we try to stay at one of the IG resorts EPCOT is our park to drop in/out of for a couple of hours at a time. Typically do some future world rides in the morning, visit some countries in the afternoon, stop in for the evening show, etc. I'm bummed that some of the innovations and kool club are closed - those were fun to just browse around. So for our next trip where we will have 4 days at an IG resort (and 4 days at a MK resort) we will probably drop into EP 3 times.

Nothing is a 'half-day' park for us. I say that with the qualification that we rarely spend a whole day in a park, but we do a lot of hopping and like some resort time as well.

We usually have 8-10 park days per trip. As I stated, we hop a lot, but will usually find ourselves with something like this:
  • AK only twice (due to it being more remote from the others), but we will spend a half-day to 3/4 day each time.
  • HS 3-4 times. One of those may just be hopping over at the end of the night for Fantasmic! But, we like to hit all of the shows each time, so it inevitably results in us spending more time there than someone who is only doing rides.
  • MK 3-4 times. One of those will be our exception to hopping. We will spend one day each trip at MK where we will do rope drop to close. We prefer it not to be an extra magic hour day (too crowded). Our other days at MK will be partial, one usually a rope drop, another a late night. Last Thanksgiving week we even did a morning where we did not leave Main Street, We did the 8 o'clock early entry and stayed until 11:30 until we left for an ADR at Grand Floridian.
  • Epcot 4-5 days. We simply can't spend an entire day at Epcot. There is so much to do, but a lot of it is very similar. We prefer to do it a little at a time. Yet, there is so much we enjoy doing there, we find ourselves going back multiple times per trip. During Food & Wine, we like to hop to Epcot for the concerts. Last Thanksgiving, we stayed at Beach Club, so we went into the park a lot just to eat or enjoy the Festival of the Holidays stuff.
  • Disney Springs - Half day. I hate trying to fit it into our schedule, but my wife insists, so it makes it every time.

I guess if you are just going to ride the main rides 1 time and split any park is a 1/2 day.
We can ride all the Mountains, 7DMT with FP's, hit Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and peace out! LOL
However, that's not how we do Disney.
We were on a 10 day and spent 2 days at each park along with 2 nights at MNSSHP and we did AH 2 times at AK and 1 time at MK. We love all the parks for their unique qualities and can't get enough of the attractions.

It depends on so much for me- the weather and the crowds dictate much of my days. But I think HS is 1/2 day for me, although I may have to do two 1/2 days this time in order to catch Fantasmic! and some rides earlier in the day. I have a friend who has never been there, and I'm sure she'd like to see more of it than I typically do. I think it's still a weird park with no focus, but I do like the attractions for the most part.

Epcot without TT while we're there may mean less time on that side of the park, but it's still a great park. We'll probably spend at least three 1/2 days there, if not a full day.

I love park hopping. Early mornings at MK or AK, Epcot later in the day. Or HS in the morning than Epcot or MK.

I've never been a huge fan of Future World, but I like to wander through World Showcase to eat and drink at the different countries. I think Epcot has always been a half day park for me.

NEVER!! at the very least it's a 2 all day park for me. I don't do rope drop to closing though.
I love spending time in all the countries. I love the films, the entertainment, the rides, the shopping. All of it!

Nope. It's still a 2 day park for me. There's so much more than just rides there
Same! Epcot has always been my favorite park. I expected when I had children I'd spend less time there, but lucky for me the kids absolutely love it, so we always plan 2 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!