Is eisner deluding himself!?????

Thinking about it, it just may be...

The theme parks, especially WDW, have suffered for over a year now from a weak tourism market. As people get over their fear of flying, there will be a strong demand to "compensate" for vacations that were "missed" during the past year.
Those people will see the parks in the best condition they have been in since the mid-1990s, with many of the benefits that were cut re-established. There are currently a TON of refurbishments going on compared to the last few years, and blatant maintenance problems aren't as visible any more. There are also more attractions now under construction than there have been for a while, so there will be new stuff for the public to see once they "return".

As for ABC... things are looking a bit better - it seems like they are in for a solid #3 position with a comfortable lead over FOX. Not great, but a promising first step in the post-millionaire era.

The movies have been doing quite well, especially on DVD, which has managed to turn such box office flops as Atlantis and Emperor's New Groove into profitable pictures. Monsters Inc is generating tons of cash, and Lilo and Stich as well as Signs will probably do the same. Then there's the Beauty and the Beast Special Edition as well... A year ago, I recall only Pearl Harbor as having these kinds of prospects.

The two new international theme parks will generate a bit of additional revenue as well, maybe offsetting some of DCA's losses.

Disney is certainly not doing as good as it could be, but things do seem to be picking up... Whether or not that will be enough for the current management remains to be seen - it certainly didn't work that way for their predecessors back in 1984.

Caught an interview with Warren Buffet. He seems to think that the days of double digit increases are gone for a looong while. I think some others are saying the same. I believe they are saying if you get 7- 8 percent annually, you will be doing very good.

Some things you have to think about when considering whether to buy:

15 billion dollar debt

CEO running the company

lowered bond rating

15 Billion dollar debt

What did I miss?

Once the war hits -- that may be the nail in the coffin.
We bought our airline tkts for January. The rate was decent and we were afraid later the prices would skyrocket (due to war).

People who havent been to the parks in a few years will find nothing new and some old attractions closed down!!!
Their are two attractions in the process being put toegther, nothing else that im aware of and they just announced the closing of Hunchback/Tarazan shows so nothing positive about that. They give with one hand and take away with the other, and better use those disney club benefits before they are gone as a result of another cutback!!!
Even the return of EE is now only 1 hr as compared to the 1 1/2 hr it used to be!!

People who havent been to the parks in a few years will find nothing new and some old attractions closed down!!!
Their are two attractions in the process being put toegther, nothing else that im aware of and they just announced the closing of Hunchback/Tarazan shows so nothing positive about that. They give with one hand and take away with the other, and better use those disney club benefits before they are gone as a result of another cutback!!!
Even the return of EE is now only 1 hr as compared to the 1 1/2 hr it used to be!!

Originally posted by Bob O

LoL, I am starting to sound like an apologist... never thought that would happen.

Anyhow, several attractions in the B-C ticket range opened during the past months that most people have not yet seen (the JIYI replacement and DinoRama), which by themselves aren't worth much, but in combination with Mission: Space and Philharmagic, there will be enough new stuff to draw people who last visited for the millennium celebration back to the world.

As for Iraq - if there is a war it will paralyze the tourism market :(

There aren't going to be too many families out there who will drop five grand to see one new rides, a couple of carnival rides and a film. And I was at WDW during a lot of Desert Storm. It didn't have much of an attendance impact and it was quickly reversed.

The majority of fault in this lies with Disney, not the external factors. Disney had to produce a place worth seeing at a price people are willing to pay. Something that Vegas, Hawaii and even New York seem to have figured out.

Then again, none of them are being forced to cover for the losses at ABC. Maybe if the parks were running for their own benefit things would be much, much, much better.

Then again, none of them are being forced to cover for the losses at ABC. Maybe if the parks were running for their own benefit things would be much, much, much better.
Hmmmm. Now where have I heard that before? Hmmm............. Ah........... Well............. OH!! I know!!

I SAID IT!! Over two years ago!!!

(Sorry! I needed a little ego boost!!) :jester: :crazy: :cool:

I also dont see a war with Iraq casuing people to stop going on vacations. People will still go on vacations, but they will go where they get the best value for their money and disney has done little to nothing to induce people to return!!! So a couple of carny rides/games and a wild mouse coaster that can be found at ANY local amusement park/traveling carnival will induce people to spend thousands to come back???? It may make us return as we are disney enthusiasts but i dont think it is going to overwhlem the general public and by attendance figures it hasnt!!!

I think people will continue to go on vacations. Maybe just not so far away or for as long. Esp if/when gas prices raise.
DH noticed tonight they are already on the rise.

Opinion on tonight's Kudlow and Krammer show is that Eisner is out in seven months !

Also noticed that Kudlow is no fan of Eisner.

They also had a bit about Golden Sachs giving out IPO's as favors and Eisner was mentioned.

Eisner still might be able to enjoy the New Year's Day parade at the Magic Kingdom, but not the Easter parade.

Watch the November sweep numbers.

I will be going to WDW and US at the end of the month. IOA has some good coasters that WDW doesn't focus on, but WDW is still the best..or should I say Happiest Place on Earth for me. I do hope that WDWGuide is right and hasn't been snowed as you, DVC-Landbaron, might want to think.

I guess I want to see the cup as half full (even if it is just a little over a querter full)

I hope that the new Journey into Imagination is almost as good as it was originally; the changeover was worse, to me, than the new Pop Resort!!!!!!!!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter