Is Duffy around Japan or only DL?

dimndgal1

One little spark...
My DH is going to be in Japan and is going to try to visit Tokyo Disney while he is there but isn't sure on his timeline. He did want to try to find a Duffy while there for me but I wasn't sure if they could be found out of the parks.

Thanks for any information!

I was just there in March.

I'm about 99% certain that the only place you can find Duffy and Shellie May is inside Tokyo Disney Sea. In fact, you can't even buy them outside of the American harbor area of the park (at least I don't think you can buy them anywhere else). There are two gift shops that sell Duffy stuff, and that's it.

Disneyland doesn't have them, and neither did the Bon Voyage gift shop near the train station (at least I don't remember seeing them there).

My daughter HAD to have Shellie May, so I went and spent way too much money on her, but my daughter is happy. Tokyo Disney Sea is beautiful and is worth seeing.

The trip from Tokyo is not bad (I went two days from Shinagawa and made the trip in about 40 minutes), and they have discounted tickets after 6:00 p.m.

We were there in April and I did find them in at least one spot outside of American Harbour (where I bought my small version-small shop-I forget exactly where but it was in the am and we hadn't been over to AH then) but Tam 1067 is right, there was no sign of them outside of DisneySea- I didn't see any in Disneyland and not in the Disney Stores in the shopping malls that we went to.

Yeah, I recall seeing some Duffy memorabilia all over TDS (although that might have just been the Duffy merchandise related to the spring special event), but not anywhere else on the resort or in Tokyo.

Yes, Duffy is only available at DisneySea. When we were there last year we asked the CMs if we could find him anywhere else and they confirmed he is only at that park. However, you can buy Duffy and Shellie May (plus all their stuff) in McDucks in American Harbor and at the main shop in Med. Harbor. That's where we got ours. So, if your DH doesn't want to trek all the way to the far side he can get them there.

BelleBway-are you back already? Seems like no time. Have another good visit? As 1st timers we loved it.

BelleBway-are you back already? Seems like no time. Have another good visit? As 1st timers we loved it.

Yes, I think I even commented somewhere in your trip report thread- maybe you missed it. I have been so busy I haven't been able to keep up with the latest in your TR but will eventually go back and catch up. :)

Had an amazing time! I have a travel blog on my site and am debating whether to post a link here or not... (I've only done 1/2 the trip so far, which is the TDR half)

Sorry yes I do remember seeing your comment now and not being sure if you had not left yet or had gone and got back. How can I access your travel blog? I would love to have a read when I get a chance?

I was just there in March.

I'm about 99% certain that the only place you can find Duffy and Shellie May is inside Tokyo Disney Sea. In fact, you can't even buy them outside of the American harbor area of the park (at least I don't think you can buy them anywhere else). There are two gift shops that sell Duffy stuff, and that's it.

Disneyland doesn't have them, and neither did the Bon Voyage gift shop near the train station (at least I don't remember seeing them there).

My daughter HAD to have Shellie May, so I went and spent way too much money on her, but my daughter is happy. Tokyo Disney Sea is beautiful and is worth seeing.

The trip from Tokyo is not bad (I went two days from Shinagawa and made the trip in about 40 minutes), and they have discounted tickets after 6:00 p.m.

May I ask, how much is Shellie May?

I'm asking my son to purchase one for his sis' birthday and I'd like to prepare him o_0.

Kelli

Kelli,

Sorry, I can't remember the exact price, and my daughter tossed the tag. She comes with nothing on but a bow, so if you want the clothes (there was only one outfit available for her when I was there in March), that's more. Plus, you've got entry into the park, which is not cheap either.

At the Duffy store, I bought Shelly May, her outfit, and one of the simpler Duffy outfits. The lot cost me 7800 yen (I have my Visa bill), but I can't remember how much each specific item cost. I think Shelly was around 3000 or 3500 yen, if I remember correctly.

Kelli,

Sorry, I can't remember the exact price, and my daughter tossed the tag. She comes with nothing on but a bow, so if you want the clothes (there was only one outfit available for her when I was there in March), that's more. Plus, you've got entry into the park, which is not cheap either.

At the Duffy store, I bought Shelly May, her outfit, and one of the simpler Duffy outfits. The lot cost me 7800 yen (I have my Visa bill), but I can't remember how much each specific item cost. I think Shelly was around 3000 or 3500 yen, if I remember correctly.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I expected. She is so cute!

The Bon Voyage shop outside the parks was selling both Duffy and Shellie May this week.

I was shopping in Yokohama yesterday (city south of Tokyo), and was surprised to find Duffy Bears and clothes! These were at DeLi, a shop that tends to sell imported items, inside the Colette-Mar department store in Sakuragicho, Yokohama. There are DeLi shops other places that may have the bears and clothes as well. There wasn't a huge selection, but a number of outfits were available. Just thought I'd post in case there are others who don't have a chance to get to the park but will be in Japan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter