Is California Grill too romantic...

mrsxsparrow

DIS Veteran
Is California Grill too romantic for a pair of 22-year old girls? We're going to WDW to celebrate our college graduations and will be on the deluxe dining plan the first two nights. I just made a reservation here, late on the night of our arrival, but now I'm worried the atmosphere might be a little too romantic and make us feel a tad uncomfortable, but having never been, I'm not sure if this is true. :confused3

Thoughts? Any other first night ADR suggestions that might be better for us? Thanks :goodvibes

I go there all the time and I am single. It is not a restaurant just for romantics.

Honestly? The vibe of the CG is much better suited to a couple of 22 year old single gals celebrating a graduation than it is for a honeymooning couple that seeks romance. Go. You will love it. After dinner, hang out with Ray behind the bar. He is a hoot.

Um, er, I don't find CG romantic in the slightest. It's noisy and you will see all combinations of diners there, including lots of kids. Have fun!

The CG is well suited to all adult ages and events. The atmosphere is such that it provides the catalyst to create the perfect guest's experience. You will enjoy your-self's if you're willing to enjoy the experience.

Sure. The CG is hardly romantic at all, if any.

Some WDW restaurants are more romantic than others (I'd put California Grill maybe just above midpoint if I had to rank them), but I don't think any are too romantic for a non-romantic couple. Maybe Vicki and Al's.

Cali Grill romantic? No...

I ate there with my SON... (and he ate there with his MOM! ew)

WE loved it... the view is great...the viewing platform is great... the sushi was great... There were plenty of families, kids, folks dressed up and many folks NOT dressed up...

It was a good experience for the view... I'd go back with DH but NOT really as a romantic meal .....

We were there in September, and Holly Madison was there with two of her girlfriends! You're good.

Lots of descriptors apply to Cali Grill, but 'romantic' is not among them! Very few restaurants at WDW could be considered romantic by any stretch of the imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts