Is Blizzard Beach closed week of Sep 8? [Yes, it is]

I'm not one to complain, but I can relate to your frustration. Its been several years since I've been to WDW after visiting 16 years straight. Over the last few weeks, I've been reminded why we stopped going. Our plans for September keep evolving with each new announcement. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time. Disney has created an amazing product. However, for my family, at least, the cost and frustration one must endure to experience that product has finally outweighed its value. May there be no more announcements (or potential hurricanes) that could negatively impact this trip (fingers crossed with you!)

I feel like Disney has set up a system that encourages advance planning (why couldn’t the dining bookings be 3 months rather than 6 months!?!) so I feel somewhat justified in my complaints when they change things with much less notice. I’m glad I didn’t have my heart set on BB for this trip so it isn’t bothering me but if it was something else that I’d carefully scheduled then I’d be annoyed (partially because that’s my planner personality and partially because Disney was making me plan but not holding up their end)

from Screamscape:

"Blizzard Beach Improvements
- RUMOR - (7/5/19) According to a source Blizzard Beach may be getting some extra attention during the off-season that may result in a longer closure than normal. How long? According to our source Blizzard Beach could close for the season as early as Sept. 7, 2019 and stay closed through to January 5, 2020 when Typhoon will then close for it’s off-season rehab. This is much longer than normal as typically neither of Disney’s waterparks closes until at least mid to late October.
So why the longer than normal off-season for Blizzard Beach? Rumor has it Disney wants to make some improvements and needs the extra time. There are always rumors of a new slide being added but until we see some early signs of pre-construction taking place (clearing, ground survey markings, etc…) then I’d take that one with a grain of salt.
Instead the biggest rumor claims that they may opt to install a full park wide lighting package that would allow Blizzard to be open after dark to offer special after-dark extra-ticket events like the H2O Glow Nights events at Typhoon Lagoon. These special night-party events allow Typhoon to offer something a little different after dark, typically from 6pm to 11pm, with DJs playing music, a dance party on the beach, special characters, and due to the limited number of tickets sold for these, the crowd levels are way down so you can actually enjoy more time on the slides, all with no risk of sunburn.
There may also be another long overdue improvement coming to Blizzard Beach, a tube lift is also rumored to be added to serve the three Red Slope slides, also known as Runoff Rapids, located at the back of the park. In addition to the convenience of not having to make the hike up the stairs while lugging a tube, having the tubes already there also makes the slides immediately accessible to those riding to the top of the mountain on the chairlift from the front of the park. I’m sure more will be revealed on these rumors as we get closer to the end of the Summer."

I'll concede that Disney has added gobs of extra park hours at MK, DHS, and DAK Sept-Oct so I'll look the other way with taking away water park hours. BUT, I sure hope it also means they're taking the time to add something - nighttime lighting, some ride enhancements, SOMETHING. Pretty please!

The water park closures drive me crazy. We go the first week of March, every year. For many years, they alternated the refurb schedule. However, since 2016 (at least) it’s been BB that’s open. I miss Typhoon!!

I'm just annoyed that they keep saying it's closed for "Winter" September is hardly winter! It's so hot.
I'm glad I rented DVC points, we were hoping to go to BB but will settle for the great pools we will have at our resorts.

Such a bummer, we had Blizzard Beach planned for a mid September trip. Hopefully Typhoon Lagoon will still be open.

Seriously what is up with Sept 8th.
It is our arrival day and now I find out EVERYTHING is closing that day.
I am extremely annoyed at this.
We don't like Typhoon Lagoon and to have BB closed when it is still so hot seems absurd to me especially with these huge crowds they have predicted.
it is also our arrival date. Luckily the closures at Epcot i don't much care about. Blizzard Beach is not great news but we will just go to plan B :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter