Is anyone going to miss the Universe of Energy?

I'm going to miss the idea more than the ride itself. It had been left without a refurb way too long which is what made it lose its relevance. Future World should be about "edutainment", not thrill rides. I would prefer an updated World of Motion to Test Track. Each attraction should both entertain and educate. We see an updated attraction about energy then a thrill ride with no actual connection beyond a contrived visit to the park by someone in the movie the attraction is based on.

I'm going to miss the idea more than the ride itself. It had been left without a refurb way too long which is what made it lose its relevance. Future World should be about "edutainment", not thrill rides. I would prefer an updated World of Motion to Test Track. Each attraction should both entertain and educate. We see an updated attraction about energy then a thrill ride with no actual connection beyond a contrived visit to the park by someone in the movie the attraction is based on.
Epcot is losing its charm, unfortunately with some of their attraction changes. They might be more popular but make the park lose more of its original charm

Epcot is losing its charm, unfortunately with some of their attraction changes. They might be more popular but make the park lose more of its original charm

At least for me I enjoyed Horizons and World of Motion much more than Universe of Energy and those have been gone for a very long time so UoE going away is not going to make me sentimental for the end of original Epcot.The other classic rides that are left Spaceship Earth and living with the land I really enjoy and ride regularly,Imagination I also ride much more than UoE but not that frequently.I feel pretty certain SSE and LwtL are not going anywhere for a long time.The replacements of World of Motion and Horizons I'm split on,I love Test Track but after the first year or two of Mission Space I just grew bored of it and rarely ride it anymore,I will go and ride the new earth orbit less intense version when it opens.GotG I have no interest in but if its some sort of coaster experience that you know won't be that intense knowing Disney could turn out to be a very rerideable and fun ride,even if I don't care much for the movie.

At least for me I enjoyed Horizons and World of Motion much more than Universe of Energy and those have been gone for a very long time so UoE going away is not going to make me sentimental for the end of original Epcot.The other classic rides that are left Spaceship Earth and living with the land I really enjoy and ride regularly,Imagination I also ride much more than UoE but not that frequently.I feel pretty certain SSE and LwtL are not going anywhere for a long time.The replacements of World of Motion and Horizons I'm split on,I love Test Track but after the first year or two of Mission Space I just grew bored of it and rarely ride it anymore,I will go and ride the new earth orbit less intense version when it opens.GotG I have no interest in but if its some sort of coaster experience that you know won't be that intense knowing Disney could turn out to be a very rerideable and fun ride,even if I don't care much for the movie.
Yeah, UoE was the least of the original charming attractions, especially in its current state. Test Track's ok (much better than it initially was), still do that every time. We don't like Mission Space at all though (but we might also try the new less intense one). As for GotG, I don't know, depends on what it's like

I will miss the nostalgia from this ride as another "movie" based ride moves in. Not much creativity left at EPCOT. I did prefer the older version with the movies screen that shifted using blocks at the entrance.

I am disappointed that my kids never saw the dinosaurs, that's about it. I only rode it once, on my last trip, and thought my kids would actually enjoy it. Guess we will never know now.

I'm going to miss it. I wish I remembered World of Motion and Horizons better. I'm glad my niece and nephew got a chance to see it several times.

I've never experienced it, so I guess...no. LOL.
It was on my list for this November, but I am only slightly disappointed.

I will miss the place to relax and cool off (in hotter weather). I liked the original much more than the Ellen version anyway. I miss World of Motion and Horizons more than I shall miss this.... but do wish that Disney wouldn't take everything at least partially educational out of Epcot. Guardians of the Galaxy could have closed Spaceship Earth and I am glad that didn't come about !!

I really enjoy this ride. In between all the rushing around and waiting in long lines...it gives you a nice break...and it's a cool ride. The dinosaur part is really awesome and the rest is somewhat entertaining. I like that it is educational, although it could be even better in this department. I hope they create another relaxing but amazing ride.

Yes and no, I'll miss the idea for the ride (as someone else has pointed out) but not the ride itself. I like Ellen OK but Bill Nye gets on my nerves. I miss the original intent of the park science and invention. There is MK & HS for movie themed rides.

I will miss it, but I am ready to see something new. I think the replacement will be amazing, they have so much space to work with.

It was our 9yo son's favorite at Epcot. On one visit, we rode 3 times in one day. He really isn't into dinosaurs or the like, but he stated he just really liked the ride.

ywv0Mki.gif

Yeah, I'll miss it. I mean, I agreed with Disney's decision to let it go, since it was an older attraction, but I will miss it still! Excited for the new ride though! I really like Ellen and loved Bill Nye as a kid, so I enjoyed it a lot, but change can be good! :)

I will! I went to Epcot the year it opened when I was 8 years old. My memories were a bit vague, but one thing I did remember was sitting in a theatre and then all of a sudden the screen lifted and the seats started moving! It left a real impression. When I went back as an adult, I was so happy to find the same ride with an updated video. I hope that they keep the theatre and the seats moving along a track the same. Upgrading the actual movie and the animatronics/visuals along the track again would be fine with me and I'm sure would be a big improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter