Is anyone going to miss the Universe of Energy?

SorcererLori23

Earning My Ears
Last month, Disney announced announced that the Great Movie Ride in Disney's Hollywood Studios and Ellen's Energy Adventure in EPCOT would be closing. Since then there have been special walk through events at the Geat Movie Ride and soon special limited edition commerative merchandise will be released. Why isn't there anything special planned for the Universe of Energy? Isn't it special too?
The Universe of Energy is one of the most technologically complex experiences at EPCOT. The two acres of solar panels on the roof of the pavilion provide 15% of the enerv needed to power Ellen's Energy Adventure, the 45 minute ride back in time to the age of the dinosaurs The six ride vehicles when fully loaded weigh approximately 10,000 pounds yet are guided on the floor by a wire only 1/8 inch thick.
I'm going to miss Ellen's Energy Adventure and the chance to sit back and cool off at EPCOT without having to edit in a long line. My daughter is going to miss seeing Bill Nye , the Science Guy,who every kid who went to grade school instead be ninties will remember.
I'm going to say farewell with a question. What is the one source of energy that will never run out?

I will miss it as you see it as something you will never see again. Having said that, I havent rode it in years because it was so boring. a double edged sword.

I enjoyed the ride... not my favorite by the long shot, but not the most hated. It was also good to get out of the hot weather for an hour. lol So in that regard, I will miss it.

However, by going away, it means something new and exciting will be put in its place... and I also look forward to that.

I will absolutely miss it. I always thought it was so cool how the theater seats separated and turned into a ride vehicle. I love the dinosaurs, the sounds and smells of going through that era; I will even miss that cheesy Ellen pre and post show!! The first time I have ever been on it was pre-Ellen. I'm so sad it will be closed for my trip next month. :(

My daughter is going to miss seeing Bill Nye , the Science Guy,who every kid who went to grade school instead be ninties will remember.

That's the problem with the ride. It's from the '90s and hasn't been updated since. Yes, I like it. Yes, I'll miss it. But yes, it was very much showing its' age, especially in the video parts. I feel the exact same way about GMR. Cool concept, but the movies they reference are lost on 75% of the guests.

We'll kind of miss it anyway, we would go to it every second time at Epcot. My brother pointed out it's basically the opposite of the Circle of Life movie. The current show is kind of funny here and there, and obviously a lot of work was put into it (and it was nice that they kept the dinosaurs from the previous show). I still liked the original show better though.

Me and my family will miss the attraction.

On a daily basis there are always hotly cool & cooly hots flying around in our vocabulary.

Indeed-ds(20) said he felt like part of childhood was being taken away.

That's the problem with the ride. It's from the '90s and hasn't been updated since. Yes, I like it. Yes, I'll miss it. But yes, it was very much showing its' age, especially in the video parts. I feel the exact same way about GMR. Cool concept, but the movies they reference are lost on 75% of the guests.
That I understand. The tech is outdated, not the info.

Our family will miss is for sure, we really enjoyed it. I feel that with Ellen being pretty popular now and Bill Nye, that they could have just updated the ride movie and thrown in some more modern types of energy that we use now. I think they could have just done an update. I'm sad we won't get to ride it again.

My husband will miss his favorite place to nap. I liked the dinos and will miss them but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter