Is anyone clearing the waitlist late?

Certifiable WDW Nut

Mouseketeer
Has anyone cleared the waitlist in the last 3-4 weeks before their vacation this summer? We are currently booked for 2 nts in a 1 BR Sav View at Kidiani and then have to move to standard 1 BR for the last 4 nts. We've been on the waitlist for the Sav View since I made the ressie 3 or 4 months ago. We are leaving 4 weeks from yesterday and still no movement on the waitlist. I'm just curious if there have been a lot of last minute cancellations this summer.

I cleared my waitlist for the end of August at AKV. But that was for Sav. view at Jambo House. I understand that it is a lot harder to get Kidani. Good luck though, I hope it comes threw for you.

We are still on the waitlist for our August trip too. We are booked for 1 BR Sav view Jambo with a waitlist for the same at Kidani.

I have given up on Wait Listing, not because it can't work, because they don't enforce it fairly.

If members can call in and snag an opening before it applies to the wait list then it really decreases the chances of its success.

I have given up on Wait Listing, not because it can't work, because they don't enforce it fairly.

If members can call in and stag an opening before it applies to the wait list then it really decreases the chances of its success.

I would agree with this too! I call almost daily to see if anything has opened up for the dates that I need. Seems like if you call at the right time, you get something and people on the WL get hosed!

there should be a 24 hour hold on all released rooms, and anybody on the WL gets them overnight and if they are not taken by a WL, then released to anybody who calls.

If members can call in and stag an opening before it applies to the wait list then it really decreases the chances of its success.

I was on the phone with member services about an hour ago and coincidently specificly asked how the waitlist works.

Paraphrasing....me....for the sake of discussion, if someone cancels a reservation at 10 am can someone else call up at 11 am and get that reservation before a waitlist is applied?

Member services...no, checking the waitlist happens instantaneously....if by chance someone is on the phone with member services at the time of the cancellation and that second is looking for the same reservation then I guess it's possible.

So what's the real answer? And how do we know the answer given by anyone here or by DVC member services is the right one? I have a waitlist for BLT for 11/29 to 12/4 and am just trying to figure out how it works. Do I need to be calling every day to check or will the system work instantaneously?

So what's the real answer? And how do we know the answer given by anyone here or by DVC member services is the right one? I have a waitlist for BLT for 11/29 to 12/4 and am just trying to figure out how it works. Do I need to be calling every day to check or will the system work instantaneously?

The way that I gathered the info is that your WL will only come through if ALL the days do! So right now I would put your WL request as long shot at best, unless more units are declared. I have been calling almost every day to see if the dates that I needed have come in. I will take them one at a time, then WL for whatever is left.

I'm trying to figure out if there has been history this summer of last minute cancellations, especially given the economy, that might improve the chances of my waitlist coming through. I'm wasn't optimistic to begin with and even less so now. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter