Is an hour wait on hold normal?

rmgreenesq

Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda
I just spent an hour and nine minutes on hold waiting to talk to a reservation agent, and then hung up without talking to one. Is that normal or did I fall into a reservation no-man's land queue? I

was calling to inquire about availability at the Harmony Barber Shop for my upcoming visit to the Magic Kingdom. I wanted to get my hair cut there on my last trip, but the family didn't want to stand in the line. Now they have gone to a reservation system like the restaurants I though I'd give it another try. But after waiting on hold to talk to a human I gave up. Instead of paying $25 for a haircut and tip, I'll go to my normal barber and spend $12.

Rick

My guess is that since they switched to the "new" website and nothing works right, the phone lines are pretty well tied up. Maybe they will get the hint and either fix the website or put it back the way it was.

I just spent an hour and nine minutes on hold waiting to talk to a reservation agent, and then hung up without talking to one. Is that normal or did I fall into a reservation no-man's land queue? I

was calling to inquire about availability at the Harmony Barber Shop for my upcoming visit to the Magic Kingdom. I wanted to get my hair cut there on my last trip, but the family didn't want to stand in the line. Now they have gone to a reservation system like the restaurants I though I'd give it another try. But after waiting on hold to talk to a human I gave up. Instead of paying $25 for a haircut and tip, I'll go to my normal barber and spend $12.

Rick

There's a Visa Discount that came out today for spring.

No, I had to call more than a few times this week and I usually don't have to. This new website is really complicating life and I am sure everyone is feeling the pain. I can't pull up any of my reservations - keeps saying it can not locate them, but it can in the old site. Dining reservations I have made this week have been messed up and required a few calls with several cast members to straighten out. One person tells me it is not in the system and the next person finds it and can finally give me a confirmation number. It's giving me a headache and wasting my time!

When new discounts come out like this morning, a long wait is normal :sad2:

When new discounts come out like this morning, a long wait is normal :sad2:

Additionally, with all the severe weather happening across the country, I'm guessing there are lots of folks with cancelled flights who are trying to figure out what their WDW Resort options are as well.

I called Disney World this morning and after two minutes on hold I now have an AHR: Advanced Haircut Reservation.

Both times I called the 407 WDISNEY number and told the computer that I wanted to make a reservation at the Harmony Barber Shop. Two minutes later, I was connected to a travel agent. She said that the dining department handles the barber shop and I was transferred over there. Two minutes later, I had a haircut reservation.

It seems weird that on one day, I rot for over an hour on hold. The very next day, calling Disney takes a total of 10 minutes.

Rick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter