Is an 8:40 ADR at crystal palace okay when park opens at 9:00?

wannabemini

Mouseketeer
I lucked into an ADR at Crystal Palace, but don't know if 8:40 is too "late" or if I should keep trying for an earlier time. This will be on our second day of MK and last day of vacation. We're a party of 6. The park opens at 9:00. What time should we get there so we can get some great shots before breakfast? And if we finish at say, 9:30, will we still be early enough to have a good morning getting on rides???

I know I'm over thinking this, but just want some veteran advice!!

Thanks for any advice!!!

I lucked into an ADR at Crystal Palace, but don't know if 8:40 is too "late" or if I should keep trying for an earlier time. This will be on our second day of MK and last day of vacation. We're a party of 6. The park opens at 9:00. What time should we get there so we can get some great shots before breakfast? And if we finish at say, 9:30, will we still be early enough to have a good morning getting on rides???

I know I'm over thinking this, but just want some veteran advice!!

Thanks for any advice!!!

The rotation of the characters takes about one hour so sitting at 8:40 and planning on leaving at around 9:30 is probably not going to work. That is rushing breakfast. That is also hoping that your table will be available when you check in. You didn't say what time you where planning on leaving the park to head home.

On the other side, earlier reservations would mean making sure you are packed and ready for an early start on your last day whether than means checking in with RAC, having bell services hold your bags or loading the car plus coordinating with 6 people.

You will get great pictures before park opening. If you are done by 10 you still will be OK for a good majority of the rides. I personally would leave the reservation as it is.

When are you going? I am assuming it is your last full day, not your travel day - right?
Personally, I think it is too late. If you want to have a relaxing breakfast and see all the characters it will be nearing 10. That first hour is very important to try for the p opular attractions.
I would keep trying for an earlier ADR.
They ususally allow you to enter 15 minutes before your ADR. You will get great pictures on Main Street before breakfast.
Good Luck.

While I would keep trying for an earlier ADR, I also don't think it's awful. If you are seated ontime or a tad early, you should be finishing up around 9:30a. While you'll miss about 30 min of early morning lower crowd park time, this is still a very reasonable time to get out into the park. Even on ultra crowded park days, I still don't "feel the crowds" until closer to 11am.

Some of this also will hinge on which is your greater priority...having the pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace with the full character dining experience OR maximizing your attractions experiences with the lower early morning crowds.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear up there! Must have been the late hour, at least that's what I'm going with. ;0)

It's our second day at MK, our last day of parks. We travel late the following day. So we will already have done rope drop once that week--but, as you said, breakfast at 8:40 would put us out in the parks about 9:40 or so. Space Mountain is probably not as big a priority as Buzz, and the other two mountains. Also, touring plans has MK at a 4.2 crowd level this day.

So, all those things considered, what say you? I'm leaning towards just leaving it as is, but I can hope to find an earlier reservation if I keep looking. Just don't know how hard I should try, lol!!

Thanks for all the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter