Is Akershus worth it for a princess lover?

zomama

Mouseketeer
I'm a little worried about the a la carte food not being very good -- at least at a buffet you can go grab something else if you don't your first choice. DH is VERY picky - he doesnt like anything "fancy". On the other hand DD5.5 is at that age where she will just SOAK up any attention from the princesses and we dont really want to do CRT since we've done it before and it costs 2 TS. Also my son will be turning 3 on the trip so he doesnt qualify for the dining plan. Will we have to pay for him to eat?

we went the last two years to AKershus for breakfast only....we loved it and the princesses were so awesome ...even with our grandson...Our granddaughter was just so excited ...the food was really good and I think we were giving all the time we wanted both with the princesses and also with the food...most of the food was brought to us and then the go to another room for fruit, muffins, cereals and loads of other things...we loved it
I dont care for the Norway foods for lunch or dinner...as we have done that once...but that is only our opinion and not everyone elses...

I'm a little worried about the a la carte food not being very good -- at least at a buffet you can go grab something else if you don't your first choice. DH is VERY picky - he doesnt like anything "fancy". On the other hand DD5.5 is at that age where she will just SOAK up any attention from the princesses and we dont really want to do CRT since we've done it before and it costs 2 TS. Also my son will be turning 3 on the trip so he doesnt qualify for the dining plan. Will we have to pay for him to eat?
(1)Yes, it is worth it for a Princess Crazy girl, (2)No, you don't need to pay for your son if he turns 3 on the trip he is considered "2" the whole time and (3) if your DH is that picky then select breakfast.

I think you should definetly give it a shot! We were a party of two adults, and even we got good character interaction:) So your daughter will probably LOVE it. The cold buffet as an appetizer was tasty with some basic choices for your DH and the mains/desserts were good as well. You also get a photo with one of the Princesses (Belle when I was there) included with your meal.

We did it for dinner and it was an A++++ for character interaction with the princesses. We got my absolute favorite picture from the whole trip with Belle. The food for dinner was okay... the buffet line with appetizers was yummy. I enjoyed the pasta ravioli but the beef tips were just okay. I would give it a B for food. Overall I would absolutely go again. We also did the BBB before and DD went dressed as Cinderella. She was in heaven!

We did dinner there and it was great! The character interaction was wonderful, and the food was really good. There are several things on the cold buffet and dinner was delicious. I'm sure your DH could find something he would like. The meatballs were really good!

We've done lunch there twice, and we loved it. There is a cold cuts buffet as part of the meal that has fruit, lunch meats, cheese and bread, as well as the main courses (which you can find the menu at allears.net). My son loved the princess interaction. The princesses go ga-ga over the boys, so expect your son to get some cheek kisses and such. Your DD will love it, too. Both times we were there the princesses were Belle (in her yellow gown), Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel.

Yes, I think it's worth it. We go on every trip because my girls love it and we like-ish the food! LOL My DH and mom really like the food, I'm picky, but it's fine.

Definitely worth it! We did it last May and loved it. We had breakfast there and thought it was great and the food was awesome. :)

I agree with the others and say to go there for breakfast. We love the breakfast, it is a must do for us. The breakfast is traditional hot items that come to the table (favorite thing is the cheesy potato casserole) while the cold bar includes fruits, breakfast pastries, cheese and cold cut meats, lox and bagels (not a fan), and yogurt with different toppings. It is definitely a place to bring your princess crazed DD. Plus the inside of the restaurant looks like you could be in a castle too :thumbsup2.

Akershus was lovely for breakfast. You'd catch me there every morning, given half the chance. lol

My DH & I did breakfast at Akershus this past Feb for breakfast, we really liked it :thumbsup2. We thought it was cool to get to walk through WS when it was closed to get there, we enjoyed that. The food selection was great & we got a lot of princess attention even without kids! :love: We were also pleasantly surprised that a professional picture was included. My DH has made several comments on it since last Feb saying he'd do it again for sure.

I'll be the naysayer and say that the food was pretty terrible (we did lunch if that matters). :crazy2:

BUT, a princess lover would be happy with all of the princesses. :goodvibes

We did it once, glad we did, but once was enough. All of the princesses in the world couldn't convince my girls to go back there and eat that food. :duck:

We went for supper this past December and I will join the bandwagon and say that it is absolutely worth going to. The princess interaction was top knotch (we even got a little extra pixie dust from Ariel) and the food was very good. I didn't really see it as fancy or exotic, though I was really concerned about whether or not I would like it. Between the 7 of us, we had the salmon, meatballs, and beef tips. We all shared so that we could get a taste of it all. I think I liked the meatballs the best, but didn't dislike anything I tried. The appetizer bar had some more exotic foods like a caramelized goat cheese, but it also had a typical salad, salami and other meats, muenster and other cheese, and smoked salmon. I really liked the shrimp salad, as well. My two-year-old daughter ate everything, if that matters.

We loved Akershus so much, it has become part of our must-do list.

We ate there once for my princess lover. The food was ok. To me not worth the price. Princess interaction was fine, but was not more detailed than a regular Meet N Greet.

Now that you can fast pass some of the princesses at MK and not have to wait in a long line for a visit, I would recommend meeting princesses at MK and at World Showcase in Epcot and save my money for other meals.

It is totally worth it! We did breakfast there the last two years. The food was fantastic and the character interaction was too. We love it so much we are doing it again this year! To be honest my kids don't eat much when we are there. They were too excited about meeting the princesses. That's ok because DH are enough for all of us! Lol

I didn't care for it. At all.

Princess interaction was lacking. (We had far better experiences 2x at CRT)

Food wasn't very good.

Tables too crowded/loud/etc

Plus though was the portrait with Belle, my fav princess

Husband and I brought our 3 year old granddaughter last year. Husband did not like the food at all. I enjoyed the cold buffet that had smoked Salmon, shrimp,and assorted cheeses, deli meats, salads and breads. No mac and cheese on the children's menu and really nothing that appealed to granddaughter except, of course, all the Princesses. She marched in the parade and had the best time. I would go again with my granddaughter but will spare my husband next time around :goodvibes

I talked my husband into giving breakfast a try. We have no kids and still got the complementary photo with Belle. The princesses we wonderful and gave us plenty attention even without kids. If at all possible it is fun to get a reservation before the park opens. The park looks so different empty. The food was very good. I enjoyed the cold buffet. The hot food is more traditional breakfast items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter