is adding Park Hopper retroactive?

Knh711

Earning My Ears
We are planning for our trip in September - we will be there a total of 10 days and currently only have base tickets for 6 days. Say we are on day 7 of our trip, with 2 base tickets left. Can we go to guest services and add on park hopper for those last 2 days of tickets? And if we can, then are we charged retroactively, for park hopper all 6 days of tickets?

Want to make sure we see all we can and it's frustrating that we have to make reservations rather than just go to whichever park we feel we missed.

Park hoppers can only be added for length of stay. You will be charged the same amount if you add it the first day of your ticket or the last.
Thank you! It stinks that we have to say ahead of time what park we want to be in, vs. just being able to go where you feel you missed. I'm hesitant to book a park now, and then when the time comes feel like we should've done a different park instead and then it's too late. :(

We are planning for our trip in September - we will be there a total of 10 days and currently only have base tickets for 6 days. Say we are on day 7 of our trip, with 2 base tickets left. Can we go to guest services and add on park hopper for those last 2 days of tickets? And if we can, then are we charged retroactively, for park hopper all 6 days of tickets?

Want to make sure we see all we can and it's frustrating that we have to make reservations rather than just go to whichever park we feel we missed.
The cost to add park hopper to a ticket is based on the length of the ticket, not the number of remaining days. It is $65 plus tax for a 1-day ticket, $75 plus tax for a 2-day ticket, and $85 plus tax for 3-10 days. So, for a 6-day ticket it is $85 plus tax, regardless of whether you add it before your first day or on your last day.

Thank you! It stinks that we have to say ahead of time what park we want to be in, vs. just being able to go where you feel you missed. I'm hesitant to book a park now, and then when the time comes feel like we should've done a different park instead and then it's too late. :(
If there is availability, you are not locked into the park you've booked if you haven't tapped in. If you have park A booked and decide you'd rather go to park B, if there is availability you can cancel park A and book park B. This just needs to be done before you enter the park you originally booked.

If there is availability, you are not locked into the park you've booked if you haven't tapped in. If you have park A booked and decide you'd rather go to park B, if there is availability you can cancel park A and book park B. This just needs to be done before you enter the park you originally booked.
Right, I just don't want to take the chance and then the availability isn't there. Gonna chart it out for the next month to see how often things are available 4 days out to figure out how likely each park would be available that close to when we need the reservation.

Right, I just don't want to take the chance and then the availability isn't there. Gonna chart it out for the next month to see how often things are available 4 days out to figure out how likely each park would be available that close to when we need the reservation.
Just to clarify, I'm not recommending not making park reservations, just suggesting make them for each day of your ticket at the park you think you'll want to go to and then if available and you wish to switch you can try to.

Personally I don't ever recommend not making a park reservation for each day of your ticket as there are times when you will not be able to book and lose out on going to a park for some days of tickets you've already purchased and cannot get a refund for.

I’m so glad Came across this thread because I was under the assumption it was for the remainder of the ticket, I wasn’t aware it would be retroactive!
I’m debating if it’s worth it to upgrade. If the park we want to hop to is at capacity will we be able to get in? MK is showing unavailable on Halloween party days. So does that mean we can’t hop to the park? I’m so confused. I’m having a hard time planning this one trip!

I’m so glad Came across this thread because I was under the assumption it was for the remainder of the ticket, I wasn’t aware it would be retroactive!
I’m debating if it’s worth it to upgrade. If the park we want to hop to is at capacity will we be able to get in? MK is showing unavailable on Halloween party days. So does that mean we can’t hop to the park? I’m so confused. I’m having a hard time planning this one trip!
For now reservations are only required for the FIRST park you're going to. So if you don't have hopper and MK isn't available, you won't be able to get in UNLESS you have a MNSSHP ticket, as those do not require you to make a park reservation. If you DO have hopper, you can do one park first, and then you'll be able to hop over to MK around 2 I believe, without needing a 2nd park reservation, but if you don't have a MNSSHP, they'll ask you to leave after the event starts

You can hop to the MK on a MNSSHP day if there is availability after 2pm. You will only have 4 crowded hours there because the park closes to regular ticket holders at 6pm. It can be pretty crowded once 4pm rolls around because that's when party attendees are allowed to enter.

For now reservations are only required for the FIRST park you're going to. So if you don't have hopper and MK isn't available, you won't be able to get in UNLESS you have a MNSSHP ticket, as those do not require you to make a park reservation. If you DO have hopper, you can do one park first, and then you'll be able to hop over to MK around 2 I believe, without needing a 2nd park reservation, but if you don't have a MNSSHP, they'll ask you to leave after the event starts
Ok so basically (leaving the Halloween party out of the equation), I will be able to hop to MK after 2pm even though it is showing unavailable on the park reservation Calendar?

You can hop to the MK on a MNSSHP day if there is availability after 2pm. You will only have 4 crowded hours there because the park closes to regular ticket holders at 6pm. It can be pretty crowded once 4pm rolls around because that's when party attendees are allowed to enter.
Ok so you’re saying that if MK is not showing availability at all on the park reservation calendar you can’t hop there after 2pm? (Halloween party is irrelevant)

I just got 2 different answers. Can anyone confirm if you can hop to a park that shows no availability to reserve for that particular day?

Ok so you’re saying that if MK is not showing availability at all on the park reservation calendar you can’t hop there after 2pm? (Halloween party is irrelevant)
No different answers, it depends on the scenario that afternoon. No one can give you a definite answer until that day. After 2pm and as long as the park is open for hopping, you can. There has only been one day where it was suspended for a few hours (the day of the 50th anniversary). But technically it could happen again. You can find out the status by calling a number or asking at Guest Relations.

No different answers, it depends on the scenario that afternoon. No one can give you a definite answer until that day. After 2pm and as long as the park is open for hopping, you can. There has only been one day where it was suspended for a few hours (the day of the 50th anniversary). But technically it could happen again. You can find out the status by calling a number or asking at Guest Relations.
So let’s not deepen my confusion 🤣
What you’re saying is on a typical day, with park hoppers, although the park reservation calendar says the park in not available to reserve, you CAN still park hop there. There has only been 1 Instance in almost a year where you couldn’t hop. Am I understood right?

What you’re saying is on a typical day, with park hoppers, although the park reservation calendar says the park in not available to reserve, you CAN still park hop there. There has only been 1 Instance in almost a year where you couldn’t hop. Am I understood right?
Yes, you understand right. Except for one day at one park, everyone who has a park hopper ticket has been able to park hop at 2:00 or later.

Exactly! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter